Dead (?) Ink

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Dead (?) Ink

Post by Whyperion »

In attempting to clear part of the flat ( every time I try I get both more stuff and everything never seems to go back as it went in despite some bits going ), I found some writing ink that I must have used at least 25 years ago - I am not the greatest writer . Over time the liquid has reduced to a semi-solid lump at the bottom of the jar/s (Permanent Black , Turquoise Blue , Green ) This Parker Quink I think , I rather like the decorative bottles , but really they cannot stay. I guess the questions are , is the coloured stuff poisonous , can it be cleaned out or dissolved back to being of some kind of use with what kind of fluid. I can then freecycle either the bottles or the overall product

I also seem to have some some old technology in the form of correction fluid for Gestetner and similar duplicator stencils, what appear to be either similar stencil drawing pencils/ stylii or some kind of technical drawing pens , they were my father's and the shop they price marks are from are still going selling artists materials. In much of the pace of change of the last 50 years I cannot think of anyone that may still find them of use but this place is as good as any to ask as I don't really want to throw them out.
Sue
VIP Member

Re: Dead (?) Ink

Post by Sue »

The inks may be useful to an artist
If you keep searching you will find it
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

First , Find Your Artist.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Try a local art class, most places have one these days, even if it is the local college or school.
If you keep searching you will find it

Return to “Creative Writing”