CONOR'S CORNER

conty

Re: CONOR'S CORNER

Post by conty »

i done one of her as a baby years ago, but not now... haha i wouldnt get paid!!! im a struggling student you know Nolic! Ha Ha
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Now I know you are joking. Struggling student with all your talent's I don't think so! Nice present for your mum for mother's day next year maybe. Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Bloody hell Melanie, you look younger than him! I have this secret fantasy that she was the model for the knicker prints. All right.......we are allowed to dream!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
conty

Post by conty »

ive finished Megan Fox oil painting!! hoorayyyyyy now on to the next oil, need plenty of practice using this medium. i want to nail it.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nice one Conor! At my age I can take a detached view of beauty and she is definitely a stunner!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Belle
Regular User

Post by Belle »

Hey Conty..so good to see what you are doing at the moment. You have got oils off to a fantastic start, it's not easy switching between very different mediums, well done for being flexible enough not to baulk at it! Your comments about college echo some my own family have been making..another difficult path to walk between what you love and what you have to do..but I have a feeling you will land on your feet at the end of it all. :grin:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Bumped
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Hello Connor

Showed my other half your oil painting he can't believe how talented you are. Says we should buy an original before you become mega famous. Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good thinking Eileen! That's what I did. I have his postal address if you want it or you can go to his website.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Hello Stanley

That will be great have you also got an email address for him Eileen
conty

Post by conty »

It's melanie... You can contact Conor from his website at www.conorfarr.co.uk or you can email him direct at con1monkey@aol.com he's been poorly the last week but has gone to college today with my foot up his backside. But he has been pretty rough

Oh and thank you for the compliment Stanley I only wish it where true
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Melanie, my fantasy is shattered! Sorry the lad has been ill but you did right chucking him back out into real life.
Eileen, there you are, straight from the horse's mouth. If you can't get what you want mail me at the freeserve address below.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Thanks for all the info will be in touch when I get back from Brittany. Eileen
conty

Post by conty »

thought id pop in and show you whats on the go at the moment, oil on canvas, its not finished yet. still very much a work in progress. its Angelina jolie just in case you cant tell yet..

hope your all well :)

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Conor.....! Nice to see you popping in to update the crumblies. How is the athletics going on? Life in general? Remember that you help to keep us young.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

conty

Post by conty »

Thanks Stanley.. Honestly athletics not great. My body weight is improving slowly but can't seem to improve on chucking distance since I've gone up chucking a heavier discus, so I have not been doing competitions as I feel a prat. Almost chucked the towel in at one point as it gets disheartening after all the work I've put in.
Anyway I'm still doing it.. Training n chucking, no doubt it will all come together if I keep at it. I'm looking forward to the Olympics as I have a few friends that are competing, and hoping the tv coverage that was filmed of me will be used. That should be on the advertising

College is good. Some good weeks. Been doing sculpture. Self portrait. Enjoyed that. Maybe post a pic later
Hope your good too Stanley :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

As well as can be expected Conor, thanks for asking. I think the key to the athletics is to assess it by whether you enjoy it. You can't climb every mountain in the range and God knows you are displaying enough talent for three ordinary mortals in your art! My philosophy with matters like this is to ask myself if the return is commensurate with the investment. If it isn't, ask yourself if the enjoyment makes it worth while. If both criteria fail, bite the bullet and ditch it. That way you don't waste time and resources. That's why I never pursued learning the violin......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Is there no end to your talent? If you are not able to compete in the sport of your choice just enjoy it anyway Eileen
conty

Post by conty »

thanks for the advice, still thinking...

thought you might like to know, my drawings have been selected and have got to the final in a competition, which means for the month of July my art work is being hung for a month at the RWA (Royal West of England Art Academy) in Bristol

still oil painting... started a new one this week while Angelina Jolie dries ready for her last coat of paint, the new painting is of no one famous and is all my own style and this time im not using a students canvas, i have spent out and purchased an expensive one which is less lumpy and better for portrature, hopefully i will get a better finish than using a student canvas otherwise ive wasted my money!!
i will post new painting when there is more to see :)
Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Conor, have you thought of mdf with a couple of coats of acrylic primer - good surface and a lot cheaper than canvas. Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
conty

Post by conty »

Hi Nolic
ive heard that it can be used, but ive not tried it yet. i have an art promotor watching me so im trying to use the same materials as the Artists that they take on. but never say never :)

heres the self portrait sculpture made in clay that i was saying about earlier, added a tribal feal to itImage
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Conor. Love the way you are trying different avenues, college is having its effect on you and it's all good. The mask is a bit frightening and I like the suggestion of Maori tattoos. As always, impressive. If you do use MDF and cut any of it watch out for the dust, not good for your lungs! Unless they have changed the formulation there is formaldehyde in it, nasty stuff.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

conty

Post by conty »

i will remember that tip, thanks

This is what i am working on while i wait to add the finishing touches to Angelina Jolie. its another Oil painting this time much larger in size and on the better canvas, so this is really just a photo of the very beginnings :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nice! Look forward to seeing it develop. (She is more attractive than your mask.....)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Belle
Regular User

Post by Belle »

Loved the Sculpture and the painting below it is coming on...like Stanley says it's good to see you branching out.

Return to “Painting”