Korean Pulled Pork

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Korean Pulled Pork

Post by PanBiker »

Start this the night before you want the dish. You need approx 1.5Kg of Pork shoulder or loin and the following marinade:

4 x cloves of Garlic (crushed)
1 x tsp Chilli Flakes
1 x tsp Fennel Seeds
1/2 tsp Cinamon Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
30 ml Apple Cider Vinegar
30 ml Soy Sauce

Rub over the meat and leave to marinade overnight.

Place in Slow Cooker with 60ml water for 8 - 10 hours.

When cooked, after shredding, leave in the slow cooker and serve warm with crusty batons. Add a salsa if you wish, side salad etc.
Ian
Tripps
VIP Member

Re: Korean Pulled Pork

Post by Tripps »

That qualifies as just a little bit spooky. :smile:

I've done something similar twice in the last two weeks. Really based on the Filipino national dish 'Adobo'.

I got a really cheap shoulder of pork joint from Aldi so experimented. Little to lose in case of failure. Just cubed up a couple of thick slices - added a chopped onion a diced carrot, a few slices of leek, and threw all the ingredients into a slow cooker, gave it a stir with a wooden spoon, added about half a cup of water, and switched on. No marinading or pre fry browning - put the tea towels over the cooker and it's done in less than two hours. Sieve some corn flour in at the end to thicken the gravy. Needed no 'pulling' - all very tender.

I use a splash of Linghams Chili sauce, and cheap balsamic vinegar, (any vinegar will do actually) but no other herbs except bay leaves. Got plenty as next door's tree overhangs my garden. I find one segment of garlic is plenty. I use splashes or glugs instead of ml's.

My young lad came, and I gave him some. He seemed mildly surprised - "that's very good" he said.

"Of course" said I with a knowing smile. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Korean Pulled Pork

Post by Stanley »

"My young lad came, and I gave him some. He seemed mildly surprised - "that's very good" he said. "
David, you've reminded me that when Susan visited on Friday we were talking about food and knowing she likes sprouts as much as I do I offered her a couple of cold ones, I know she eats them like toffees like I do. They were simply cooked sprouts rolled in salad cream. She loved them and I had to take the pan off her. She asked me what the lovely flavour was of the sauce. When I told her she said "It can't be. I don't like salad cream!"
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Cooking”