Old(ish) Military Aircraft Books

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Old(ish) Military Aircraft Books

Post by Whyperion »

Hello again.

As per the other posting here is some of the List of books I have recently acquired. The expected number of boxes was not 5 or 6 , but so far 7 ( which filled the cars weight limit ) , with about the same to follow. They all arrived with a number of years of dust on them , so they have been vacuumed by me.

Fighter Pilot: A History and a Celebration (Hardcover) by Philip Kaplan. Seeing as Amazon sellers have this for £2.81 ( it costs Royal Mail Prices about a fiver to mail anywhere I will probably arrange for this one to appear down at Pendle Hospice Shop at some time.
Aircraft Prototypes Aerospace Technology, from the Light Fighter to the B2 Stealth Bomber (Hardcover) by Christopher Chant (April 1990 ) Likewise.
NATO Air Power (Hardcover) by Robert Jackson (1987 , Ex Library ) Likewise
Drama in the Air (John Beattie 1987 ,) Ex Library ) Likewise
Flight , 100 years of Aviation , R G Grant , Likewise

[For the books below posted prices are for UK , I can ship overseas at cost but most of the books weigh in at 5 to 10 kg each with wrappings !
Last edited by Whyperion on 23 Aug 2012, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Re: Old(ish) Military Aircraft Books

Post by Whyperion »

Note some of these books seem to have got a bit musty , ( They have come from West London , but filled the staircase from top to bottom , so no air circulating )

Couple of Bison Books ( might be cheaper on Amazon but are in a limited qty there ) 64 Pages Each £5 each , £9 the pair UK delivered Overseas TBA. 50p each goes to my OGFB advertising fund.

B-17 Flying Fortress H P Willmot
B-29 Superfortress John Pimlott

One from Macdonald , Bomber Squadrons of the RAF and their Aircraft Philip J R Moyes 1964 , No DJ , B/W Photo Illustrations. £12 UK delivered , might be able to arrange pickup from Barnoldswick for £10 by tuesday if you are quick. £1goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1 to Pendle Hospice.

Small Hardback from Jane's Target Berlin : Mission 250 : 6 March 1944 by Jeffrey Ethell & Alfred Price £6 delivered £5 collected. 50pgoes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , 50pto Pendle Hospice.

Airlife Hardback , RAF Squadrons A Comprehensive Record of the Movement and Equipment of All RAF Squadrons and Their Antecedents Since 1912 . Wing Commander C G Jefford MBE RAF , 1988. I note Amazon is offering £5 to sell it to them. £12 UK delivered , might be able to arrange pickup from Barnoldswick for £10 by tuesday if you are quick. £1goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1 to Pendle Hospice.

The B-17 Flying Fortress Story (Design , Production , History) hardback Roger A Freeman and David Osborne Hardback 1998 , £12 UK delivered , might be able to arrange pickup from Barnoldswick for £10 by tuesday if you are quick. £1goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1 to Pendle Hospice.

Fortresses Of The Big Triangle First (Hardcover) by Cliff T Bishop [ Aircraft Crash Research by Stanley D Bishop ] A History of the Aircraft Assigned to the First Bombardment Wing and First Bombardment Division of the 8th Air Foce , Aug 1942 to 31 March 1944. East Anglia Books 1986. £12 UK delivered , might be able to arrange pickup from Barnoldswick for £10 by tuesday if you are quick. £1goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1 to Pendle Hospice.

Life and Times of Pilot Officer Prune: Being the Official Story of Tee Emm (Paperback) by Tim Hamilton HMSO 1991 £7 UK delivered , might be able to arrange pickup from Barnoldswick for £5 by tuesday if you are quick. 50pgoes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , 50pto Pendle Hospice.

IN THE COCKPIT - Flying the World's Great Aircraft Hardback Jeffry Quill Introduction , Ed Anthony Robinson. £12 UK delivered , might be able to arrange pickup from Barnoldswick for £10 by tuesday if you are quick. £1goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1 to Pendle Hospice.

Escape from Germany, 1939-45: Methods of Escape Used by RAF Airmen During World War II , P/B Aidan Crawley pub HMSO £5 UK delivered , 50p goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , 50pto Pendle Hospice.

History of Marine Aviation 1911-1968 (Hardcover no D/J ) John Killen pub Frederick Muller , £5 UK delivered , 50p goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , 50pto Pendle Hospice.

The Glider Gang: An Eyewitness History of World War II Glider Combat (Hardcover), Milton Dank 1977 , h/b Ex Library , £6.50 UK delivered , 50p goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , 50pto Pendle Hospice.

The Second World War: Guide to Documents in the Public Record Office (PRO 1972 P/B ex library ) £4.95 UK delivered , 50p goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , 50pto Pendle Hospice.

[Basically the next box I have opened I looks quite interesting, more to follow as fast as I can type]

Most of the other books are on sale from others on Amazon for a penny plus postage , I hope to get them to the Pendle Hospice shop though but it will take a bit of time.
Whyperion

Post by Whyperion »

The History of the US Air Force (Hardcover) David A Anderton 1981 Hamlyn £11 Posted £9 Collected £1 goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1to Pendle Hospice.

I will hopefully be arranging to get dropped in sometime to the Salvation Army Community Day (Fridays in St James' Road Barnoldswick ) a 600 piece KG Games Jigsaw Famous War Planes.(look like a pair of Wellingtons (TL _ _)

Flying Colours [Hardcover] Military Aircraft Markings William Green / Gordon Swanborough Salamander 1977) £10 Posted £8.50 Collected £1 goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1to Pendle Hospice.

American Warplanes (Hardcover) by Bill Gunston Salamander Hardback £10 Posted £8.50 Collected £1 goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1to Pendle Hospice.

Japanese and Italian Aircraft (Military Aviation Library World War II) [Hardcover] by Bill Gunston Leisure Books 1985 £6.35 delivered £4.73 collected £1 goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1to Pendle Hospice.
Whyperion

Post by Whyperion »

The next box had mostly photography books from the 1970s late which I would guess those whom are interested would have , and the rest are outdated in todays digital world, so having spoken to the chap that passed them onto me I am sending them to my local hospice shop along with one of the Air Books , as glancing through a previous owner - or being Ex Library borrower ? has removed some of the pages from it - not that 20 out of 320 makes much difference. ( not Pendle as I am still stuck down south for a short time ).

So onto the contents of another :

The Women Who Lived for Danger: The Women Agents of S.O.E. in the Second World War (Hardcover) by Marcus Binney, 2002. £8 Posted £6 Collected £1 goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1to Pendle Hospice.

The Camera at War War Photography from 1848 (Paperback) by Jorge Lewinski 1978 (1986 Octopus Reprint ) £7 Posted £5 Collected £1 goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1to Pendle Hospice. but in honesty I dont think its a very good book.

On Great White Wings: The Wright Brothers and the Race for Flight (Hardcover) by Fred E. Culick Spencer Dunmore./ celebrating 100 years of flight , airlife £9 Posted £6 Collected £1 goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1to Pendle Hospice.

Final Item only makes sense to offer as a set of 4 hardbacks from Time-Life Books 1981 - Described as World War II Collectors Edition - The Volumes are The Secret War , The D-Day Invasion , The Battle of Britain , and the Air War in Europe £12 Posted (Only , too heavy to fit in the suitcase on the coach ! ) £1 goes to OGFB (Advertising Fund) , £1 to Pendle Hospice.

Return to “Plane Spotting”