New(ish) Military Aircraft Books

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

New(ish) Military Aircraft Books

Post by Whyperion »

One problem of selling new books is that I never read them , reports I get back when I do some of the local model railway events ( from other dealers ) - " we like you - you always have something unusual ". Anyway one of my occasional buyers reported back , 'Thanks for that book ( I forget which one it was ) , It was just what I was looking for '

Of course advertising my stuff on the likes of this forum is that other sellers are probably cheaper than me , so I am only displaying just one odd photo for your interest , as these depicted at the present time I am only selling on my South of England stall I will do mail order if I am really demanded to but I am not looking for sales on this thread at present , just posting for your interest. , as its becoming a bit difficult to get up to the Yorkshire area due to family and some other commitments down in London. - My prescents in Barnoldswick in September is demanded by the rest of the family , but traveling by coach precluded bringing up the new stock , though the used list as other post will be sorted for that trip - I will mail the books to myself - it works out cheaper ! 1105

Most of my books I am getting in new are of German , Japanese and Russian manufacturers and operators, though I keep getting asked for books on the Typhoon.
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Re: New(ish) Military Aircraft Books

Post by Whyperion »

Thinking about my dead loss car boot on Saturday gone , I think I should recount the sale relating to the newspaper freebie WW1 and WW2 DVDs , to which the buyer said , I think I still need Part 2 of one of these as I don't know how it ended. Anyway this chap dressed with Pith Helmet ( Gunner Sugden It ain't half hot mum ) , with what looked like a police summer uniform but with shorts , told me , in the most English of accents for leafy Surrey where I was , that he was from eastern europe. Thinking that this might be Poland or Croatia both of which have large communities and seem to be the largest buyers of most things in Guildford car boots , I asked which country. The reply was Hungary , but that he could not go back there { not that he wanted to }. Querying this it appears that he managed to fight on 3 sides during WW2 and the subsequent mess. Being both fighting against the Soviets , but previously for the Hungarian Communists , then for the Soviet Army ( for personal expediency ) . Apparently in Hungary anyone whom was in the Soviet Army is persona non grata , and then for deserting the Soviet Army Russia wont take him back as a free person. Anyway after desertion he found that copying local accents in Italy gave him enough money and work to eventually get to England, where his gift of languages got him , like others , hunted for interpretation and evesdropping task in British services. After end of cold war he with other like him had to fight to get pension as they were cast aside , but at the present time , somewhat like the runner under the IOC olympic flag , has no recognised nationality .

Interesting story , and even if a fantasy a good tale , and if true worth writing it down.

Return to “Plane Spotting”