Reading; Books, Kindle and Audio books.

beejay

Post by beejay »

I discovered the website called 'Fantastic Fiction' a few years back.

I love it and have been using it ever since. It was first created by a Lancashire family and, over the years, has gone from strength to strength.

Then Amazon discovered it, and, seeing the potential, adopted it for their own purpose, instead of compiling their own catalogue of all-time fiction books, and have now linked it to Amazon's own website; linking each written work to Hardback, Paperback, Kindle and Audio formats.

A new innovation gives the reader the opportunity of making their own private list of all the fiction stories they've ever read.

I've rattled my brain to come up with my list, and it currently stands at 341.

Who else has discovered this website gem?
plaques
Donor

Re: Reading; Books, Kindle and Audio books.

Post by plaques »

Not a Kindle user I always find reading from a screen more difficult and not as pleasing as printed text. Kindle have been going about 10 years in the UK so 341 books is petty impressive that's roughly one every 10 days. My turnover is a lot less than this and even on novels 50 pages a day is my good average. My latest, after years of broken promises, War and Peace, 1500 pages will probably take me through March.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I read better of the page with my bum eyes and like books anyway....
P, when W&P is finished read Grossman and that will take you well into summer!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Should have mentioned that I'm reading D-Day by Antony Beever at the same time. Actually I prefer the Tolstoy book for its background information.
beejay

Post by beejay »

I'll just explain some personal habits I've acquired over the years, and to say that I've got an iPad, a laptop, and a desktop PC. They all have my Kindle library installed in each, and my Audible library too. I read from my kindle with a black background and large white text; so much easier on the eyes.

My wife and I live in an upstairs apartment, or commonly called a flat, and we are very pushed for space for housing too many physical books. My wife has a rule of 'One Book in, one Book out' policy, so Kindle and Audible are an essential godsend to me.

There is room for an item called a television, which my wife loves, and has turned on almost as much as my computer. Doom and Gloom boxes, I call Televisions, and if anything remotely interesting appears on it, my wife is bound to tell all about it. :biggrin2:
beejay

Post by beejay »

I should have added that the total of books that I have read of 341 is a lifetimes reading, and I am now aged 74.

It's now gone up to 344.

Return to “Reading”