Change of Gallery Functionality

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Change of Gallery Functionality

Post by PanBiker »

I have only just noticed this change which I think arrived with the latest update to the site software. This upgrade rendered the gallery module not fully compatible with the latest phpBB platform.

When you look at an image in the gallery viewer you can also see below the image, smaller previews of the images stored before and after in the same album. Previous function used to allow clicking on either of the images and you would move that into the viewer

This functionality has now been lost, you can see the previews but nothing happens when you click them.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Change of Gallery Functionality

Post by Stanley »

I hadn't noticed. Perhaps I never use that function?
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Itwas very useful if you were putting a series of pictures up. The bloke who took on the galley coding has a bit of catching up to do. Each time we have had and upgrade to the site software we have lost a bit of functionality in the gallery. Eventually it will cease working all together, we will have to just use attachments then as there is no alternative.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Oh dear......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

PanBiker wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 16:20 I have only just noticed this change which I think arrived with the latest update to the site software. This upgrade rendered the gallery module not fully compatible with the latest phpBB platform.

When you look at an image in the gallery viewer you can also see below the image, smaller previews of the images stored before and after in the same album. Previous function used to allow clicking on either of the images and you would move that into the viewer

This functionality has now been lost, you can see the previews but nothing happens when you click them.
I have no explanation for this as I have not done any upgrades to the site software and certainly not the Gallery. However the behaviour described above seems to have corrected itself? You can now use the small previews to move backwards and forwards between images.. Handy if you have uploaded a few images and are adding them to your posts.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's never affected me either way as I have never used the function.
But thanks Ian for keeping us up to date.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Gallery”