How do you like yours in the morning...

Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

How do you like yours in the morning...

Post by Doc »

When you visit the site, how do you catch up on what's been happening since your last visit, how do you read the topics?

On the forum index page there are a few options that bring up the various topics.

View unanswered posts - Brings up all the topics that have been posted but have not had any replies.
View unread posts - Brings up all the topics that have been created or replied to since your last visit.
View new posts Brings up all the New topics created/replied to over the last three days.
View active topics Brings up all the topics that have seen activity over the last seven days.

All the above options are pre-defined searches on the board, Personally I use the "View Unread Posts" option which displays to me all the activity since I last visited. I then pick and choose which topics to read, then when I am done, I click on the "Mark Forums Read" on the main index page which clears my list, ready for my next visit.

Which method do you prefer?
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator
Chief Stoker - Royal Navy (Retired)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How do you like yours in the morning...

Post by Stanley »

I'm still experimenting with this one. I start with 'view active topics' and work through that one. Then I open 'view your posts' which supposedly brings up all the topics I have contributed to but I find it misses some out so I then go to the index page and work my way through the forum headings. For some reason this can reveal topics not brought up by the other two. I'm not agitating for any changes because I think I catch most of the topics, I like to read them all so I know what's going on, I reckon as a moderator I need to see what is being posted on all the topics. If I've missed something do tell me. Like the old site, we all have our preferred way of navigating round the topics and I suppose mine will seem to be too complicated for some members. Each to his or her own.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

"View unread posts" works for me.
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Its a bit tiny and only on the forum home page , nice if it were on the topic pages too if its staying that Size.
Twinkletoes

Post by Twinkletoes »

I always View new posts
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I used to do New Posts but can now see the benefit of Docs method of Unread Posts and then back to Forum and "Mark Forums Read" to clear the list until your next visit.
Ian

Return to “General Discussions About The Site”