May 12th 2013 - Site Latest News

Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

May 12th 2013 - Site Latest News

Post by Doc »

The site is now back online although they might be a bug or two still lurking around.

I had to revert the database to an older backup 11/05/2013 at 5:50am so anything posted after that time and date until now would have been over written.

Please report any bugs you come across by replying to this topic.

I know about the "Recent topic" bug showing topics that are no longer there. (These were posted between the above times)
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator
Chief Stoker - Royal Navy (Retired)
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: May 12th 2013 - Site Latest News

Post by PanBiker »

Well done admins. Images in topics are still showing resizing information tagged above the picture.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Some cross linking of topics still apparent.

RR Drawing Office thread linked to Stanleys Site Down May 11
Ian
Pluggy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Pluggy »

Theres a hole in the database, it was recovered from a backup and stuff posted between the Backup (very early Saturday morning) and the site being repaired is in limboland. I think it will heal itself. Its the stuff that was posted in 'the hole' that appears to be cross linking. The new stuff and the stuff prior to the backup is OK.
Pluggy's Home Monitor : http://pluggy.duckdns.org
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Outgoing Private messages, although they seem to get actioned produce the following error when sending:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare user_get_id_name() (previously declared in /homepages/27/d395298932/htdocs/websites/ogfb/includes/functions_user.php:27) in /homepages/27/d395298932/htdocs/websites/ogfb/includes/functions_user.php on line 82

(I have just messaged Sue regarding a new category that we were discussing last night)

While on the subject, my access to the Admin CP for category creation etc. seems to have been rescinded. The link is still there on my logon but it tells me I don't have permissions. :sad:
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Pluggy wrote:Theres a hole in the database, it was recovered from a backup and stuff posted between the Backup (very early Saturday morning) and the site being repaired is in limboland. I think it will heal itself. Its the stuff that was posted in 'the hole' that appears to be cross linking. The new stuff and the stuff prior to the backup is OK.
There seems to be about 6 topics "in the hole". Five report as not existing but the RR Drawing topic is the only one I can see that is still cross linked as reported above.

Excellent use of the word "stuff" though Pluggy. I love that word, very useful for many things. :smile:

I can now get into the Admin CP, I may have hit the wrong logout button before trying to access again, which may have caused the earlier error.
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Pity we have lost Sue's topic about her father and new member Fellpony's topic about Packhorse trails.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

I have PM'd Sue as we were discussing a new section in the Genealogy thread, I have explained the why's and wherefores, just waiting for a reply from her.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

I received a reply from Sue so I tried to create a new sub forum in the Genealogy section and the process failed with a General SQL error (sorry did not copy the exact string). It took quite while before it threw the error and I thought for a second that I may have broken the site. All was well though in that respect but no sub forum created.
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I've PM'd new member Fellpony to ask her to re post her topic, which has been lost in the black hole.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We've another glitch at the moment. The portal is reporting an error if you aren't already logged in. Pluggy is looking at it.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Some of my OG bookmarked page links won't come up on screen while others will, but demand I log in to view the page.
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

I checked back in the admin CP yesterday to have another go at creating the new sub forum for Sue. The one which I tried to create the night before which had reported as failed was there in the list! It was there in the admin CP but not on the site so I checked all the permissions, they were identical to the other sub forums in the group but the new forum would not display. I deleted the sub forum from the list and started again. This time it behaved perfectly normally and the new sub forum is now in the list in Genealogy. I have have checked it for functionality and everything works OK. I have PM'd Sue to tell her it's there.
Ian
PostmanPete
Regular User

Post by PostmanPete »

The only way I could log in this morning was to 'google' ogfb and go in through their cached version of the site.
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Same thing still happening to me Pete even though I didn't log out yesterday. The site is a bit poorly at the moment!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Still a glitch if try to access OG through my usual bookmarked URL for the `Active Pages' page. I always log out after a session (for security reasons), so every time I go to OG again I'm starting as a guest until I login. I use the following bookmarked link in Firefox:
http://www.oneguyfrombarlick.co.uk/sear ... ive_topics
but instead of the Active Pages I get the page shown below:

Instead I have to use a different web link, and I'm currently using that for the FAQs page. (The Active Pages link works for me once I'm logged in.)
Also, I notice that the Firefox tabs no longer show the name of the topic and they all show instead `OneGurFromBarlick'. It looks like the name of the topic follows this (I can see the first word) but the tabs aren't wide enough to show any more. I assume all this accidental and we are not being maliciously disrupted from outside?
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I get an error message whenever I PM anybody even though the message goes eventually.
If you keep searching you will find it
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Thanks for the post transfer Ian.
If you keep searching you will find it
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

You're welcome Sue, the error when sending PM's is a nuisance but does not affect the process. The post goes as it should but you are just not told of the fact. It's been apparent since the site crash and the Admins are aware of it . It will be on their "to do" list along with the other wobblies on the site at the moment.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I've noted the PM glitch as well. Everything feels a bit precarious at the moment. Little things like the gallery being slow to load and yes, I've noted the addition of the site name to the topic listing as well Tiz but the window it appears in on my system is wide enough for the topic name as well. Don't ask me why!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

An update for members. There has been a lot of discussion and decision making between the Moderators and the Webmaster about the best way to repair the site and get it on a more stable basis. We're getting close to the answer and it is not going to be bad news for members. We are looking at simplification and stability, not a complete change of the look of the site or how it works. Bear with us, a lot of work is going into this and we are very optimistic.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “General Discussions About The Site”