OUR WONDERFUL SITE

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

OUR WONDERFUL SITE

Post by Stanley »

I hope I'm getting these categories right! I've been trying to re-populate the site with familiar topics to help other members find their feet. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it and no doubt after a week or two it will feel like an old pair of slippers. It's certainly working well for me, a lot faster than the old portal and in many ways easier to use once you've found what you're looking for. One thing is certain, I no longer feel deprived, the last day or two has been a bugger!
Well, this proves I can edit and the site lets me use gentle swear words!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Bradders Bluesinger
Regular User

Re: OUR WONDERFUL SITE

Post by Bradders Bluesinger »

Thank Goodness for OGFB.....(That RED CARD you issued sure worked !)
Got a snap of His Majesty into the gallery with no difficulty whatever (Big Change , and welcome)
Can't get a picture into the Avatar yet though , but that's not important .
THANKS DOC !!!!!!
Belle
Regular User

Post by Belle »

Grummph...have finally realised I need to re register to get back (or forward as this is a new site) on the site, so "bravely going" I stop by to look at the message from doc, need to login to look at my profile, ok, managed to get my avatar..Bradders once you have clicked on the chosen pic scroll right down to the bottom of the page and click submit..you may then have to log on again to click submit..can't remember........came to see a topic entitled "our wonderful site", thought I'll add my twopenth but no..had to log in again first..oh dear am I logged in or not..or is it like borders between countries , new passport check each time I pass.............not complaining Doc honestly you have probably been working like a Trojan (probably not the best choice of adjective re computers!) just flagging up an early hitch but you did warn us it wouldn't be properly embeded yet. Thanks for restoring our wonderful site.
Rosilee

Post by Rosilee »

Thank you so much Doc for all the hard work ,thanks to Stanley too for putting the categories in place and also anyone else involved .I love the wide scene pics .It certainly is Our Wonderful Site , happy to see it up and running Thank you Rosie
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

:lol: Yes, same here didn't realise I had to re-register. Doc has done a great job, he can relax a bit now. I'm sure Stanley will soon have plenty of topics back on the site. Long live OGFB. I look forward to putting more comments and articles etc on the site. :D
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

One thing I have noticed, unless you tick the box "log me in automatically" when you login, the site will time you out after a period of inactivity. It did it on me a couple of times until I read the FAQ which explains. No problem as long as the box is ticked.

Another new feature, you cannot delete any of your posts if they have been replied to. You can only delete if no one has replied. Admin or Moderator can delete of course.
Ian
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Feel as though I have been dragged through a hedge repeatedly, but I seem to have made it to the NEW WORLD!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

One good thing....I can now communicate via my IPad. That is positively wonderful!

Some of the greeting messages are hilarious. They keep telling me to go to bed! ( this is because of the time difference between UK and Australia. It may be the middle of the night over there, but it isn't even lunchtime here yet!)
Bradders Bluesinger
Regular User

Post by Bradders Bluesinger »

BELLE..."Bradders once you have clicked ....."etc..
That's how I got Snoopy "Aviateur Intrepede"......but I want to put my own snap in there and it won't let me.
No rush .... "The Beagle Baron" will do me for the time being , eh ! (...just realised I've got him flying for both sides..Oh Dear !)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Yes, I have done that now, Wolf, and things make more sense.
Belle
Regular User

Post by Belle »

Maz, a little nap at lunchtime might be just what you need! OG knows best!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Can't even sleep at night at present with this infernal heat, Belle, let alone when the sun is directly overhead.
We are all going collectively mad here.
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

I love that new/old picture currently at the top of this thread - the one with the railway engine!
EDIT: ...and now it's gone and there's another fascinating picture - the wonders of modern technology!
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Belle
Regular User

Post by Belle »

I'm liking the "view your posts" button, i always used to forget which posts I had posted in as i never got round to bookmarking anything.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Keeping an eye on the members list is like waiting to see who turns up at a party.
Old friends, new friends, some you know and some you don't.
A good sign of plenty more banter to come.
Ian
Callunna

Post by Callunna »

Tizer wrote:I love that new/old picture currently at the top of this thread - the one with the railway engine!
Thanks Tiz!
(One of mine and Big Kev’s “Barlick Ghosts" project for those who aren’t familiar with it).
Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Doc »

Which reminds me, I need to acknowledge the original authors of those pics, I'll do a separate topic in the website section
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator
Chief Stoker - Royal Navy (Retired)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The thing that strikes me is how quickly the site has settled down into exactly the same mode as the old one. The feel of the 'mood' if you will is very polite, caring and supportive. I suppose this is a result of the way Doc got it just right in 2004. All right, I know I'm getting old but watching people helping each other and being nice is very comforting. Not enough 'nice' about nowadays!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Was much lost in the change-over? I hope we did not lose Conor's Corner.
Say only a little but say it well.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley has re-instated Connors Corner but he hasn't visited it yet Moh. Can't wait to see what Marilyn is looking like now. You should see the thread in Active Topics at the moment. It "lives" in the Painting sub-forum of the Hobbies thread.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Moh, we lost all the old threads but I reinstated as many as I could from memory. If there are any that haven't reappeared just give a shout. Conor hasn't come back on to the site as yet but I have his private address..... He can run but he can't hide!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

I guess he is busy or maybe hasn't found the way back yet.
Say only a little but say it well.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

. Can't wait to see what Marilyn is looking like now.

Why Panny ( you old dog you)... I am looking just fine and have hardly changed a bit since the old site!
( Left hand on hip, Right hand cupping the back of my hair, slight wiggle going on, eyelashes fluttering)
Careful. Folk will talk. Especially this lot.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Now, now Maz, calm down. I see you have now made over 50 posts despite not being able to find your way round :surprised:
Ian
Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Doc »

PanBiker wrote:Now, now Maz, calm down. I see you have now made over 50 posts despite not being able to find your way round :surprised:
What do you expect Panny after all she is Female :gorgeous: :shutup:
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator
Chief Stoker - Royal Navy (Retired)

Return to “General Discussions About The Site”