Mass eMail to the old Sites Membership

Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Mass eMail to the old Sites Membership

Post by Doc »

Today I am attempting to recover all the old members Names & eMail addresses from the database so that I can send them all a mass eMail detailing the new site and that they have to re-register. It will be the first time that this or the old site has sent out a mass membership eMail.

Some of this sites membership who have already registered will also receive the eMail, I'm sorry for that but I can't justify the time spent fishing out 80 odd member details from a list of over 3,000.

If you do receive it, then please just ignore/delete it.

Thanks
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator
Chief Stoker - Royal Navy (Retired)
Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Mass eMail to the old Sites Membership

Post by Doc »

The eMails (over 3,000) are going out has I type, hopefully this should bring back a few blasts from the past, just keep an eye on the registered members list.
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator
Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Doc »

Has anyone received the email I sent out, I'm getting hundreds of Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

I'm just checking that I sent it correctly in the first place and that the Returns aren't my fault. If I did then it looks like a lot of the old members have either moved or changed there email addresses since they last registered.
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Doc wrote:Has anyone received the email I sent out, I'm getting hundreds of Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

I'm just checking that I sent it correctly in the first place and that the Returns aren't my fault. If I did then it looks like a lot of the old members have either moved or changed there email addresses since they last registered.
I have a rule setup in Outlook to filter the OG mails.

Plenty in there about topic posts etc but nothing specific about registering Doc. That is apart from my original registration mail.
Ian
Jill Harwood

Post by Jill Harwood »

I got the email at 13.27and have just re-registered. Just off for a good look round...
Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Doc »

Oh well, at least some of them have got through.

The server threw an error up halfway though the mailing saying to many recipients, it;s the hosting companies limitation not mine, problem is I don't know who received them and who didn't.

Thanks anyway folks.
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator

Return to “General Discussions About The Site”