Barlick men who were awarded the Military medal in WW1

brenbridge

Barlick men who were awarded the Military medal in WW1

Post by brenbridge »

I am trying to trace Wilfred Bridge Wilkinson who I think was awarded the MM in 1917.Can anyone help
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: Barlick men who were awarded the Military medal in WW1

Post by PanBiker »

I have moved this topic from introductions into a more suitable forum. Site member Thomo may be able to help as he has ongoing research regarding the First World War and particularly Barlick lads involved. I'm sure he may well pick up on this post.
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Just bumping this up to try and catch Thomo!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I have sent him a PM Wendy. Hopefully he may be able to help.
Ian
Thomo

Post by Thomo »

Tis I, Thomo. Wilfred Bridge Wilkinson, born Padiham 1891, Son of Henry and Ann Wilkinson, Siblings:- Granville Bridge, Annie and William H Wilkinson. Service No. 26109 of the East Lancashire Regiment, Awards, British War and Victory Medals. 1901 and 1911 census at no 11 Wellington St, Barnoldswick. Possible additional info:- Married Margaret Adelaide Maud Bell at Colne in 1913, possible children:- Jack 1913, Nelly 1914, William Henry Bridge 1915 and Cecil 1920. Possible date of Wilfreds death is 1946.
Thomo. RN Retired, but not regretted!
brenbridge

Post by brenbridge »

Thanks Thomo,
Wilfred was my uncle and William H Wilkinson was my father. I have most of the information about my father,who was awarded the Military Medal for bravery in the field of battle. but would like to find out where, when, and if, Wilfred was awarded the M.M I have found some info on Ancestry UK and I know that Wilfred was wounded and spent some time in Lincoln Hospital, and was given the Silver Badge which was given to soldiers who were wounded and considered unfit for further army service. I never knew Wilfred but knew his other brothers :John Bridge and Granville who along with my father and Wilfred returned safely.
Thomo

Post by Thomo »

Hi Brenbridge. I must point out that the bulk of info I have on my database and the CPGW database that is loaded onto my PC, concern the casualties of WW1, this for the purpose of the book that I am compiling. However, when I have completed the WW1 casualty section I will add the names of they who fought and survived where the information can be found, to access this, having a name is helpful, but whilst thinking of this in bed in the small hours I came up with an idea, this I have just tried, and it works, eureka! So, if you could post here what you do know about your uncle and your Father, I may be able to fill in any gaps.

Thomo.
Thomo. RN Retired, but not regretted!

Return to “Looking For Someone”