Frank Smith From Burnley

Anthonysmith

Frank Smith From Burnley

Post by Anthonysmith »

I am trying to find out infomation about a frank smith, who I believe was a manager at one of the Birtwhistle mills I think thats the name of the mills,He was Married to Mary Ellen Gbson, and his brother was called Albert, his brother was a borough treasurer, once again I am not sure where. Franks son Lawrence was my father lawrence smith, it would have been pre-war and into early sixties when he worked in the mills, if you can help please let me know thank you.

Tony
Last edited by Anthonysmith on 08 Mar 2014, 18:27, edited 2 times in total.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: Frank Smith From Burnley

Post by PanBiker »

Hello Tony welcome to the site. I have moved your post to here as the practice thread you originally posted in is auto wiped after 7 days. We have quite a few genealogists on the site who may be able to help. Do you have any more information, every snippet might be useful.
Ian
Anthonysmith

Post by Anthonysmith »

Hi there thank you for that, He was Married to Mary Ellen Gbson, and his brother was called Albert, his brother was a borough treasurer, once again I am not sure where. Franks son Lawrence was my father lawrence smith. I will try and find out more regards Tony.
Anthonysmith

Post by Anthonysmith »

sorry I should have said that it would have been pre-war and into early sixties when he worked in the mills.

Tony
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Welcome to the site Tony. I'm sure you'll get some responses, the genealogists on the site are very able and always willing to help. Mind you, with a name like Smith you are handicapped! Even seemingly unimportant bits of info can cut the possibilities down. I can't find the Smith index from my local history card index on the site so I'm posting it again. There may be a clue in there!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Hello Tony, what sort of information are you looking for?
I've found Frank & Mary Ellen's wedding at Burnley Register Office in the 1st Qtr of 1931, but beyond that it becomes a bit difficult without knowing his age, there were a lot of Frank Smiths baptised in Burnley either side of 1900. I've looked at the 1911 census for Smith families with sons called Frank and Albert and there a few of those. Do you know when he died?
Anthonysmith

Post by Anthonysmith »

Thank you Stanley and Wendyf I will try and find out more information on birth dates etc, i would ideally like some pictures of Frank at the mill or anything else related. Cheers

Return to “Looking For Someone”