Sutcliffe versus Sutcliffe

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Sutcliffe versus Sutcliffe

Post by Stanley »

Nice to hear it's going well Jules. Daughter Margaret has just moved jobs, she has left the olive oil firm (in administration) and is now working for the WA Pony Association doing the same job. Money about the same but an easier commute and she was ready for some stability. A change is as good as a rest.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Glad you are enjoying your new job Jules.

On the job front my friend in Australia has changed her job to sexing chickens? Her daughter having gained her degree and teaching certificate as just become a trolley dolly for Virgin airlines in Australia said the perks are better than teaching.

Eileen
PATSY96

Post by PATSY96 »

Hello All, :cool4:

This is the first time I have been on this site. I am part of the SUTCLIFFE tree and have trees on both ANCESTRY & GENESREUNITED which you are welcome to view.

JOHN SUTCLIFFE (5) Birth 1806 in Barrowford, LANCS. is my 3rd great grandfather.
He is the father of BERNARD SUTCLIFFE 30/1/1827 in Crow Trees, Roughlee, LANCS. His wife was HARRIET SUTCLIFFE c1830 in Roughlee, LANCS (from another SUTCLIFFE line). She was the daughter of NANCY SUTCLIFFE 26/06/1811 in Colne, Lancashire, England.

As you can see a lot of the SUTCLIFFE members intermarried which can cause problems when sorting them out.

I am slowly working my way through the messages on here and cross checking or amending my records. If anyone wants any information that I have I am happy to send it to them.

GOOD LUCK,
PATSY
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Welcome to the site Patsy. I have little doubt you'll be hearing from Julie when she sees this.
Jules, how did the new job work out?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Welcome to the site Patsy.
PATSY96

Post by PATSY96 »

Thanks to all who welcomed me to the site.

This is my line down; I have a lot of the children in each generation and their children. Spelling of Names, Dates & Places are as given to me via websites or Censuses. There are other lines of SUTCLIFFE'S who intermarry into my line.

ABRAHAM SUTCLIFFE 10 (m) DOROTHY & had 1 child. He is my 8th great grandfather

JAMES SUTCLIFFE 9 (1691 - ) in Oldham, Lancashire (m) MARY STOTT (1695 –) & had 1 child. He is my 7th great grandfather

JOSEPH SUTCLIFFE 8 (1717 - ) in Pasture, Colne, Lancs (m) MARY WHITTAKER (1718 – 1749) & had 6 children. He is my 6th great grandfather

JOSEPH SUTCLIFFE 7 (1751 - ) in COLNE Lancashire England (m) NANCY POLLARD (1751 – ) & had 14 children. He is my 5th great grandfather

BERNARD SUTCLIFFE 6 (1783 - 1858) in Pasture, Barrowford (m) SARAH DYSON (1785 – 1840) & had 8 children. He is my 4th Great grandfather

JOHN SUTCLIFFE 5 (1806 - ) in Barrowford, LANCS (m) MARGRET HANDLEY (1805 – 1871) & had 5 children. He is my 3rd great grandfather

WILLIAM SUTCLIFFE 4 (1830 - 1890) in Barrowford, Lancashire, England (m) LETTICE FRANKLAND (1826 – 1906) & had 4 children. He is my 2nd great grandfather

JOSEPH SUTCLIFFE 3 (1865 - ) in Howgill, West Yorkshire, England (m) EDITH ISABELLA KELLETT (1872 –) & had 1 child. He is my great grandfather

HENRY SUTCLIFFE 2 (1894 - 1972) in Clitheroe, Lancs, England (m) BERTHA APPLETON (1888 – 1969) & had 1 child. He is my maternal grandfather

MARY SUTCLIFFE 1 (1921 - 2007) in Horsforth, South Yorkshire, England (m) WILLIAM JOHN CLARK (1921 – 2002) & had 2 children. She is my mother

PATRICIA MARY CLARK
This is ME. Now married to COLIN MICHAEL CARTER.

I would love to get in touch with anyone who may be a relation.

Regards, PATSY. :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Patsy, if Jules doesn't respond immediately don't worry. She isn't on the site every day but is out there being busy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Looking For Someone”