Lambert Family unknown people on photos.

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: Lambert Family unknown people on photos.

Post by PanBiker »

I received an email yesterday from my half cousin Anne. Unfortunately she cannot lay claim to any of the individuals in your Photo's Sarah. She does say however that Moh does have a resemblance to her mother Peggy when she was the same age, which is what tripped me up in the first place with that particular group.
Ian
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Definitely someone different, I cannot imagine Margaret having either her mother or Abies living with them - Abies mum would be in Scotland anyway. How long ago are you taking about?
Say only a little but say it well.
Barlicker

Post by Barlicker »

Hi,
It could be about 30 years since I went,she used to travel alot as my Mother always got poscards and maybe they lived in the Canaries for a bit. She had Blond hair (Maybe a wig?),glasses and was always made up nice.
I think they owned a big building on Skipton Road at some point,across the road from Wellhouse round junction.
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Sounds like Margaret - maybe they travelled with the RAF. As I lost touch with her I cannot help.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

The big building on Skipton Road is the old gasworks Sarah. From the early 1960's until the firm closed in the 1980's it was where Robert Lambert (Joiners & Builders) were based. The firm moved there after the original wooden built workshop burnt down.
This original workshop was adjacent to the railway goods yard and the entrance gates were approximately where the junction is now with Skipton Road and Fernlea Avenue. Just in front of Foresters Buildings. You have to remember that Skipton Road at that time ran straight down from the end of Church street. The through route from Fernlea was not there, that was the railway goods yard. The town coal yard was in the area behind where the bus stops are now on Station Road and just round the corner.
Margaret did used to work in the office at the Skipton Road works, certainly in the 70's as she costed all the materials for the building work I had done at my first house. Uncle Bob supplied the materials at a discount, my dad supplied the building expertise and I did the labouring and mucked in where I could. We took out the shop front and converted it back to a living room in our first house on York Street.
I would agree with Moh that you seem to be describing Margaret, certainly as I remember her anyway.
Ian
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Talking of Bob, I remember he used to get broken biscuits or mis=shapes - they were lovely - always had more cream in than the others.
Barlicker

Post by Barlicker »

Hello all, can't believe it has been a year since I posted these pics,the passing of my Uncle John Lambert recently has brought me back here.I will get some more pictures on,as it has been very interesting reading these posts again.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

I had no idea that Johnny had died, when was this Sarah?
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Isn't it nice when an old topic takes on a new lease of life.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Barlicker

Post by Barlicker »

His funeral was on the 18th of March at Ghyll church,then pie and peas at the cricket club. I am sorry you did not know Ian,as I thought you would be there. I don't think his son Allan really knew how to get in touch with everybody.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

I have just been updating the image links in this thread and have just realised that I must have missed Sarah's last post.

A small anecdote on my cousin Johnny. My dad took to riding a bike as he got bad on his legs in later life. I have mentioned this in other posts regarding his hip replacements etc. Anyway my dad passed away in 1994. I have mentioned in this thread the family resemblances with a lot of the men in our family, inherited from my grandma Sarah Jane, most of her lads had the look and it would seem that the genes have also passed to some of their siblings. When my cousin Johnny got older he also took to riding a bike and many a time 15 years or thereabouts after my dad had died I had to do a double take whenever I saw him. I'm turning into my dad now so it looks like Sarah Jane is very much with me as well.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Janet used to tell me she was worried because she was changing into me......
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Ongoing Family Research”