Recycling bins move to Rainhall Road

Tardis

Recycling bins move to Rainhall Road

Post by Tardis »

Pendle says no:

http://www.pendle.gov.uk/egov_downloads ... _point.pdf

will this therefore have other repercussions since the new Cenotaph works requires the opeing of the wall and movement of the disabled spots in front?
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Re: Recycling bins move to Rainhall Road

Post by Whyperion »

Its not quite a no , but an officer's assessment of the costs ( which Waste Services wont pay for ), and other factors including overall loss of 2 car parking spaces.

Perhaps if we could also have some of the Multi use waste bins around town , like in Leeds , that have holes for paper / plastic bottles / cans on one side and general waste on the other that might increase local recycling.
Tardis

Post by Tardis »

I agree it isn't a 'no' but:

Consider the time for the consultation

Consider that Cllr Whipp is responsible Officer for this department & would have to move funds from elsewhere

the decision would have to be made at a West Craven Area Committee, after all those hoops, and then agreed by the Council exec
Tardis

Post by Tardis »

It was batted straight back at the executive

Watch this space
Travis

Post by Travis »

I'll wheel 'em round for nowt... :grin:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The thought that keeps popping into my head is that I doubt if the blokes named on the memorial would see the bins being any problem as long as they were properly screened.
A secondary consideration, will the bins be as well used if they are in the Rainhall Road car park?
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Tardis

Post by Tardis »

My greatest concern is that if the bins are put in this much less used car park that the likelihood of 'fire starting' will escalate, and if it does go to consultation the neighbours, police and fire brigade might object
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

The proposed relocation site at Rainhall Road is directly opposite the police station and as such is a much underused car park albeit only about 80 mtrs from the Co-op car park. The argument that moving the bins will remove 4 car parking spaces from the Rainhall site is irrelevant as all spaces are never filled anyway. I think there is CCTV that overlooks the site as well. Is there an issue already with "fire starting"? I have never picked up on any reports if that is the case.
Ian

Return to “Borough Council”