Favourite Walks and Rambles

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: Favourite Walks and Rambles

Post by PanBiker » 07 Feb 2017, 14:29

Reference for the broken stile on our last walk:

Thank you for submitting this fault report.

A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided with a copy of the details you reported.

Your reference number is 219711

You can check the status of this fault anytime by going to http://new.lancashire.gov.uk/roads-park ... earch.aspx and clicking the Enter reference number button.

To submit another fault report, choose from the options below:
Ian

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker » 02 Apr 2017, 17:34

Went on a Weets circular today as a benchmark for my physio. We went straight up Folly Lane to the top then round by Duckpond and over the moor on to Weets Side and then up to the trig. Five minutes enjoying the view then back down via the ridge and the old Bronze Age track. It was a lovely day and we only needed a base layer and a light fleece. A bit of a breeze on the top but very pleasant nevertheless, lots of sunshine.
Ian

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer » 04 Apr 2017, 09:48

This should interest Panbiker...
`Explore Great Britain with OS’s ultimate adventure planning tool' LINK
Fresh from being named the UK Outdoor Industry’s Digital Product of the Year, OS Maps has become even better with the inclusion of an immersive 3D view of Great Britain in HD. (03 April 2017)
Subscribers to OS Maps will be able to start using Aerial 3D right away, but if you’d like to explore Great Britain in Aerial 3D, you can do so with a no-commitment 7-day free trial of OS Maps: www.getoutside.co.uk/3d.

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker » 23 Apr 2017, 16:02

Interesting link Tiz thanks for posting.

It would have been criminal today not to have gone for a walk, we set off after a bit of dinner. Taking one of our normal escape routes we went up Moorgate and then Folly Lane to just below Standridge, into the field over to Lower Standridge, over Gillians beck and out onto Lane Bottom. We past one of our housing mistakes in the shape Quarry House and the other cluster of developed properties at the head of the lane. We could have bought the entire site for £28,000 30 years ago but didn't. Onward past or mistake and out onto the moor, we exited half way up and crossed over to Lister Well. Up onto the top of the bridle path and then leftover the moor again and out into the pasture again to hit the green lane above Copy Nook. We descended to Lane Head and then went down Salterforth drag to the newly reopened Anchor where it would have been rude not to stop for refreshment. A pint a Jennings Golden whatever ale apiece went down very well. We returned along the canal as far as the marina and then back home via Kelbrook Road. A nice walk, just over 5 miles, warm in the wall to wall sunshine but with as slight chill in the odd bit of breeze, T shirt and light layer one fleece only required. Just less than 600 ft of climb in I hour 47min, 1h 22min of actual walking.

Ian

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley » 25 Apr 2017, 04:26

I always read these accounts Ian and would love to be able to do it. As a matter of fact I think I could but as you get older you get less adventurous (at least I do!) and I always have it in the back of my mind that one of my knees might let me down on top of Weets! Keep posting them, I am with you in spirit.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Favourite Walks”