SUMMER 2012

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

SUMMER 2012

Post by PanBiker »

A new thread for Summer enjoy .. :sunny3:
Ian
Pluggy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: SUMMER 2012

Post by Pluggy »

If that doesn't screw up the nice weather we've been having, I don't know what will.......... ;)
Pluggy's Home Monitor : http://pluggy.duckdns.org
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley's fault, he asked for it............ :wink:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

As my mate's old mentor used to say to him; "Broad shoulders Mr Moore!" On the old site it was easy, we could just edit the title.
Yes Plugs, that ought to do it but not today, glass is steady and sky clear, looks like another hot day. However, there is one thing different, there are some isolated wisps of cloud about. The forecast says we are moving towards scattered showers but hasn't mentioned thunderstorms this morning.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Just back from our early morning walk. Cloud bubbling up now and probably over 50% of light cover. My computer dropped out just before I went out, usually a sign of lightning affecting the electricity distribution system somewhere, I think I shall pull the plug out until tomorrow morning.... There was a heavy dew and somehow I think that this might be the last shirt sleeve walk for a while....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

The very warm weather is on the way out now. From Thursday back to cool, cloudy weather with some rain or showers - just how I like it ! Bet you think I'm a spoil sport. :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Overcast for much of the day but cloud broke up after 3pm and we had some late sun. !00% overcast this morning, glass is falling back slowly, nearly down to 29.8". Funny thing is that it feels warmer in the kitchen even though it's only 23C, could be more humid, another sign of rain coming in. The gardens will be happy....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Dark clouds over Pendle Hill and a heavy shower in Nelson. It feels a lot fresher now. :grin:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Gentle rain started around 7pm and soon got heavier. Just been outside, it looks as though it dried up during the night but has just started raining gently again. Much cooler, glass hasn't moved, still just over 29.8". I'm hoping we have a dry spell early in the afternoon for Rita's funeral....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Weather here in Brittany is strange bright sunshine and blue skies, then overcast around this time before baking us in the afternoons. No rain as yet no doubt it's due Bank Holiday weekend. Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We've had two days of warm gentle showers. The glass has risen again to 30", it's overcast but dry at the moment. Could be a good time to go for the mid-day walk!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote:We've had two days of warm gentle showers. The glass has risen again to 30", it's overcast but dry at the moment. Could be a good time to go for the mid-day walk!
And indeed it was. I bumped into him in the town, made a fuss of Jack and away we went.

I am in denial over the weather, the shorts and sandals are still on...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

His toes aren't brown yet..... (But they were very clean!)
We escaped rain and it was a dull but pleasant day. Glass fallen back a bit to 29.9" but at the moment it looks like a rerun of yesterday. Overcast isn't as thick as yesterday at the moment. Chance of sun later?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We got away with it yesterday, overcast but dry and occasional patches of sun. No such luck this morning, glass is back to 29.6" and it's raining steadily out of the SE I think. Wellies will be a good idea for walking on the wet newly mown grass on the village green!
Later at 08:30 after a walk round Valley Gardens and the town. It's a cold wet morning with steady rain, looks as though Pluggy was spot on about changing the name of the topic! Barlick holiday weather. Activity in the Square as showmen erect rides and official looking persons shelter under the marquee gloomily surveying the scene. I hope it clears later for them but at the moment there is no sign of any break....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Pluggy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Pluggy »

I doubt Biv Kev is still in his shorts and sandals today unless he's staying in. Its cold as well as wet.
Pluggy's Home Monitor : http://pluggy.duckdns.org
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

An Easterly wind has dropped the temperature to less than 6c up here. it was nearly 9c at 7am this morning. Might have to light a fire.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Pluggy wrote:I doubt Biv Kev is still in his shorts and sandals today unless he's staying in. Its cold as well as wet.
In and working, unfortunately. I may venture to the co-op in a bit but the shorts are staying in the cupboard today.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Wet day here in Nelson with a chilly breeze and temperature around 8c 46f. Its more like March than June.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I don't think the rain let up all day. Town Square deserted at noon, bad day for them. Better luck today?
Glass has risen a but to 29.7" and the flags were drying at 20:00 last night. Chilly morning, very near to a grass frost I suspect but so far it's dry. Good call on the shorts Kev! I had an extra skin on under the Barbour at dinnertime! Lit the stove for an hour last night. It wasn't cold enough for the gas heating to kick in but the contrast between the warm weather and 70F in the front room was enough to make me feel less than comfortable.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

I don't usually read this thread, but just for the record - I threw the towel in yesterday ( June 3rd) and switched the central heating on for the day. Even the JML Snuggie wasn't working. Global warming?
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I noticed yesterday morning that a lot of CH vents were steaming. I had the stove lit all day damped down. Glass steady on just over 29.7" , broken cloud and cool. Two skins on this morning again! Forecast to end of week not very good. We had a discussion about Grass Day a few weeks ago and it looks as though the old estimate is about right again. Expect occasional frost and slow growth till end of second week in June. Then put the bedding plants out!
Depressing thought for you, June 21st is the longest day. I always think it's sad that just as we are getting into summer the days start to shorten ready for next winter.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Managed to sit out some parts of yesterday. In shorts and tee shirts all day. Few spots of rain nothing series. Big plans for the Jubilee here at site but think it will be a total wash out, heavy rain this morning and a very grey sky. Typical bank holiday weather Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No chance of that here Eileen and later on in the evening it started to rain... Glass has dropped with a bump to 29.2", not raining at the moment but dull, damp, cold and a gloomy morning. I expect rain later on. Deep Joy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The sun came out later and it was quite pleasant. Glass is steady on 29.2", damping with light overcast and we are promised more wind later but not as severe as the coasts to the north and south. We shall just have to accept what we get as usual!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Heavy and persistant rain in Nelson this evening - thoroughly miserable all round. And more to come. Aww.

Return to “Seasons”