Summer 2013

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Summer 2013

Post by Stanley »

Swings and roundabouts Wendy! We've had light rain during the night, it was dry at 05:00 but light rain again. The glass was rising very slowly yesterday and this morning is just over 29". No violent swings so this is settled weather for a while. Forecast is showery today but a brighter day tomorrow.
Cath, Janet tells me they have had a pot of rain in Perth, she was going to have to pump some water out of the swimming pool because it was getting too full. We should all have that problem!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Low lying cloud in the Ribble Valley(?) before sunset last night.

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sunny spells and showers yesterday and everything is growing like hell! Lovely weather for nature and humans as well. Glass was rising slowly yesterday and is on 29.2" this morning. I love these gradual swings, stable weather and no big surprises. Forecast today is for a bright day and the wind is very gentle and steady from the west. Lovely weather.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Another good bright showery day yesterday. Glass tending to rise but still on 29.2". Steady weather and the trees and the grass have recovered from the dry spell completely. Steady west wind and the forecast is for more stable weather.
We've had our walk this morning and it's cool and fresh but patches of sun, lovely.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nice day on the whole with light rain in the late afternoon and evening. Dry this morning up to now. Glass was tending to rise again yesterday but fell back during the night to just below 29.2" No big swings so settled weather. Forecast is for a dry bright day but rain tomorrow later on and showery till at least Monday. Good growing weather and no extremes. Things could be far worse!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Lovely sunny day here. Washing dry within an hour on the line.
Felt hot and overdressed in the car and wished I had changed into a T-shirt, or at least had replaced sneakers and socks with thongs (footwear...not underwear. Have never worn 'thong' underwear, but suspect I would need an exploratory to find it again if I tried!)
Febby very upset as his side of the electric blanket gave up the ghost a few nights ago (whilst my side has never even been plugged in, let alone turned on). It was an expensive one that came with a three year warranty (we bought it two years ago) but the store cheerfully refunded our money today as we still had the docket. No hassles at all. I was impressed. we could have opted for a new one or the refund, but it has been so warm there seemed little point in buying a new one. (expecting grizzles tonight when Mr. Grumpy gets in to a cold bed. He is such a whimp, but I do understand he can't help it because anyone on blood thinners does feel the cold.)
So keep your dockets/warranty info. Well worth it.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Well done Maz! (Can't help it..... "The thong has ended but the mammary lingers on")
Very warm in the South but just balmy in Barlick. That and the showers mean that nature is loving it, I can't remember the trees looking better! Glass has fallen back almost to 29". Clear sky with a crescent moon first thing this morning but it's clouding over now and there is a good chance of showers later and a brighter day tomorrow. This is good settled weather.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Another growy day yesterday, sunshine and showers with a warm wind. The big cloud Wendy mentions in her new topic came over in the late afternoon and it looked as though we were in for a big shower but it passed over. Glass is hovering, just over 29.1" this morning and the forecast is for a bright day till noon and showers in the afternoon. Spare a thought for the NW of Scotland where they have gales and rain....
07:15. We've had our walk and got caught under one of Wendy's black clouds. Heavy shower and Jack has had an early bath! Brightening up again now. Wonderful gardening weather. (I wonder why the contractors were watering the hanging baskets in the rain....)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's rained during the night and at the moment we have light overcast with a light westerly breeze. Glass is up at 29.4". Forecast is for cloud and light showers.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Scorching yesterday, on the beach. Overcast all day today with rain from mid afternoon. Same forecast for tomorrow down here in Devon. No problem plenty of places to go and things to do with the grandchildren. Pirate day tomorrow!
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Raining at the moment and perhaps for much of the night. Glass fallen back to 29.2" and forecast is for 80% chance of rain all today and brighter tomorrow. Good for nature so don't complain too much.....
07:00. We've had our wet walk. Heavy overcast, moderate steady rain. I see no reason to doubt the forecast. Wellies on Wendy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Raining steadily.... a day for catching up on some indoor tasks.
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

19C and windy today. Had lunch outside, undercover, and I thought protected but the wind played havoc with the magazine I was reading. I had to put weights on each page and move them around so I could read the pages, haha. Each time I turned a page I almost lost it completely. Fresh air was good tho. :smile:
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Eeeee...now that reflects our different appreciation of the same wind, Cazza...i was enjoying it because it blew the dog hairs from my son's bedding. ( I refer to his bed as "the flea-pit" as he insists on sleeping with his dog. I accept it is HIS choice to sleep with his very hairy Labrador...however...he is actually using OUR spare bed and OUR bedding...and OUR 'not that old and quite expensive' quilt!)
I have the dry cleaner and carpet cleaner on speed dial for when he leaves ( end of month...fingers crossed). It is not him, but the dog hair that I cannot cope with. ( you would not believe the hair. :dozey: )
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Fresh clear morning and the sun is out already. Glass is up slightly at 29.3" and every prospect of a brighter day but the rain will return tomorrow and apart from isolated showers later in the week the prospects look good.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

16C for us tomorrow, with showers. Nights are getting colder again. 3 and a half weeks to Spring (apparently).
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We're at that time of year when we are warmer than you are Cathy. Mind you, today is cooler and we will only have 16C same as you. Glass is nailed on 29.3". Should be the same as yesterday, broken cloud and sunny spells.
06:00. Jack and I were out at 05:30 and we've had our walk round the town. Jack's bum is OK and it's a fresh morning. One lass I met on her way to work commented on how cold it was.... Never mind, it's dry and the sun will be out later!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

According to weather forecast Southport is the place for sun today will let you know. Bright here but sun not up yet don't know why I am. Eileen
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

It's a lovely morning here Eileen.
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

The wind was freezing today and we have 6C for sleeping tonight, brrr. 16C and dry for Thursday. Washing day me thinks.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We probably got down to 6C during the night Cathy, window still wide open! Clear bright morning with a heavy dew and perhaps 6C. We've had our walk and it's a nice morning, looks like a rerun of yesterday. Glass is up at almost 29.5", sun is out with only thin high cloud and the forecast is for a good, but not hot day with the chance of a shower just before noon. Nice day!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

AT the garage for 9.00 and the sun was trying to break through. It's nice now and we are going to sit out this afternoon. Eileen
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Fortunately it's been wall to wall sunshine every day since last Friday down here in Devon. Shorts an T shirts every day. One blip last Sunday when it was overcast, cooler and it rained. We went or Plymouth to the Sea Life Centre. Isla and Ruby quite liked the big fish with the very big teeth swimming above or heads. Menacing when you know what they are capable of. Glad to be on the other side of the glass!
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

And here was me thinking you were back! Overcast but dry at the moment, not as cool as yesterday morning. Glass back at 29.3" but not a bad forecast, overcast but pleasant. Good gardening weather!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Fresh & breezy this morning, we were promised rain overnight but there can't have been much. I sat outside to eat my breakfast before 7.30 am yesterday but I'd need a coat & hat to do that today!

Return to “Seasons”