Winter 2013

Gloria

Re: Winter 2013

Post by Gloria »

Crystal clear here. We had a bit of a frost overnight and the day is looking good. A lot of canada geese activity whilst I was outside early on, going everywhere and chattering there heads off.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I love the way they sail over Barlick honking away to each other.
Another splendid day yesterday! Dry, cool and misty this morning. Glass is down slightly at 30.3". Forecast is is good again, fog at first then bright and sunny. Gentle West wind and a high of 12C. It doesn't get much better than this at the end of winter.....
08:00. We are back from our walk. Foggy, calm and cool but of course this will burn off and we will have a good day. Things could be much worse!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It was a good day for outside work yesterday even though the fog was slow to clear. It's clear this morning and even though the glass has dropped slightly to 30.2" every chance of another good day. The forecast doesn't agree with me, they say the fog will come in and hold temperatures back to a high of 7C and a slight chance of a shower this evening.

It's beginning to look like Spring down in Valley Gardens. Lovely walk this morning down to the butcher's. There might be a slight mist developing....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I hold my hand up to the forecasters. They were right about yesterday. After a promising start a grey cloud descended and we had a gloomy cold day with light mizzle late in the afternoon. It's dry and breezy at the moment and feels milder. Glass has dropped slightly to 30.1" and it could be a better day as the wind will keep the mist off. Forecast is for a slightly warmer but cloudy day with a constant moderate westerly breeze and the chance of some light rain from 10:00 onwards. Still good weather!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Had w week at the caraan - glorious weather until Thurs. teatime (sat out each day) - yesterday was cold and foggy, but nice again this morning.
Say only a little but say it well.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It was better here Moh too but a colder wind than I expected. The glass has hardly moved at all, still a shade over 30". Forecast is for a dull drizzly day with the same steady and blustery west wind.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Dull day yesterday with drizzle in the afternoon but noticeably warmer. Looks about the same outside at the moment. Glass is down slightly but still just below 30". Forecast is exactly the same as yesterday, dull and a chance of light rain almost any time.
07:30. We're back from a pleasant walk, less wind and about 45F (7C+). Nice weather.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Forecast was right yesterday and it looks about the same this morning. West wind, broken cloud, dry at the moment but it smells like rain. Glass is down to 29.7" so my nose may be right. (I never look at the forecast until I have made my own assessment). The Forecast is for the wind to rise and after 08:00 we have a good chance of rain all day. High of 8C feeling like 3C.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Had to laugh today, our forecast said we would have rain but I had washing to do, so I did the washing and hung it up in my bathroom and laundry to dry. Marilyn popped in and asked if it was my 'airing day'... No, I really did wash everything. Needs must. :smile:
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Not a good drying day in Barlick Cath. It looks the same this morning but the glass is up a bit at 29.8" so today might be a bit better. Forecast is for a brighter day with a brisk SW wind. Tomorrow looks worse and later in the week we are going to have a cold spell with a possibility of light snow.
07:15. Back from our walk on a blustery, dull and cool morning. First day of Spring tomorrow and clocks go forward on March 30. However it looks as though winter is going to have one last stab at us over the weekend!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

At 4.58am Winter 2013 is officially over. This topic is now locked from further input.

Welcome to Spring 2014
Ian

Return to “Seasons”