Summer 2014

Marilyn
VIP Member

Re: Summer 2014

Post by Marilyn »

Yep...get out there and soak up the sunshine old girl.
Wall to wall sunshine at ours too. A bit of a breeze this morning, but that has calmed. Debating on changing my sleeved top for a T-shirt.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Careful Kids! Don't be too previous!
Very quiet and calm this morning, mild and low overcast. Last night at 20:00 (in the dark!) I was outside while Jack had his last pee of the day and a perfect arrow head skein of about two dozen geese came over so low I could hear the wing feathers vibrating in the wind, lovely. I think the overcast had forced them down. Glass is going up and is almost back at 29.5" Forecast is for a more overcast day, same light east wind and parhaps a chance of a shower early afternoon. Expected high of 16C so a touch cooler. It's still settled weather....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
David Whipp

Post by David Whipp »

Have had camera poised for geese for several days (as murky mist is frustrating sunrise pics...). Did manage one shot, but too shamed to post it.

On the same day, two bats were flitting around in the dawn gloaming; after 52 images and only a couple of trailing blurs to show for it, I gave up trying for a pic of them.

(Mentioned again to Alison the urgent need for improved camera kit, but there's no softening...)
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Just had a week in County Durham where it was very misty for the last 4 days - we went to the coast and could not see a thing!1
Say only a little but say it well.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I sympathise Moh! You reminded me of two things, going to Southport on a day trip when I was young and being devastated because I never saw the sea! The tide was out.... Even worse was a booking in the restaurant 'Windows on the World' at the top of the World Trade Tower in NY. We made sure it was a window table facing out towards the West and two things spoiled it all. A lousy meal and the fact that the top of the tower was in cloud! You can't win 'em all!
Another rerun this morning, calm, mild, dry and overcast. Yesterday was another pleasant day and the glass is up again at 29.7". Forecast is for a bright overcast day with spells of sunshine and a light wind mostly from northerly quarter most of the day which explains the drop in the expected high, only 15C. Even so, a good day for the season. The sun crosses the Equator on Tuesday, early in the morning. From now on we are prone to stronger winds in a normal year.....
07:40. We've had our walk on a nice quiet morning. In the last hour the overcast became scattered cloud and they have almost completely vanished now. Sun not quite high enough to get over the rooftops but it's looking good!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We've had our walk, a cool morning with high overcast but almost dead calm, no complaints. Glass is up slightly again and heading towards 29.8". Forecast is for a bright overcast day with a light but strengthening west wind and a high of 15C. Did my usual litter pick, apart from Jack's litter! I always wonder if they will keep on littering as long as we pick it up! Annoying....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Autumn Equinox occurs tomorrow morning at 02.29. Summer is officially over so this topic is now closed.

Autumn 2014
Ian

Return to “Seasons”