Summer 2015

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Summer 2015

Post by Stanley »

Good day yesterday, not much rain in the evening but finished up bright and dry. Clear and fresh so far this morning. Glass is steady on just below 29.1". Forecast is for a bright overcast day until this evening. Moderate southerly winds but they strengthen and get a bit gusty after 17:00 when the rain is forecast. Fresher feel to the day, expected high of 15C, a bit cooler than of late. Could be worse but not really good summer weather.... An early walk is indicated I think!
Back in the hutch at 05:35, I love these early morning walks. The wind is nearer WNW in Barlick, definitely not a southerly! Clouds building up and as I got back a peep of low sun from the East. Still a pleasant walk......
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Light rain at 21:00 last night. We were out early for our walk this morning, back at 05:30. Damp, mild and definitely a S/SW breeze. Sky brightening and very pleasant. The glass is back on 28.8". Forecast is for an overcast day until 14:00 and then showery with brighter intervals afterwards. They got the wind right this morning, S/SW moderate breeze all day and an expected high of 17C. Not far off that now so a growy day but not high summer!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Gentle rain at 21:00 last night. Overcast, calm and slight rain this morning. No great weight of rain in the night, Butts Back is still only a trickle but good for the gardens. Glass is steady just below 28.8". Forecast is for an overcast start with perhaps a light shower almost any time. Moderate breeze starting westerly but swinging into NW as the day goes on, this explains the falling expected high of 15C. As the evening progresses it will brighten up and clear leading to a cooler night.
Despite the hold-ups this morning we had our morning walk at the usual time, cloudy, damp and calm. Not bad at all.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Adelaide and Barlick both have the same temps today, high of 16C and low of 9C with sun and part cloud.
Enjoy your day :cool4:
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's cool here Cathy, I put my tee shirt on in bed and have kept it on under my short. Broken overcast with dark clouds at the moment, calm. Glass is rising and is on 29.1". Forecast is for a dry bright overcast day, west wind gets up to moderate from noon onwards, expected high of only 14C.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

We have a coldsnap coming thru this evening that will last the weekend.
It's coming from the south of WA, over SA and will reach southern Queensland.
So its wind, rain and cold for us... Bo hoo :sad:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's brightened up outside Cathy and Jack and I had a very pleasant walk round the town getting back in the hutch at 06:15.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was better than forecast, a very pleasant day. This morning it's dry, calm and I think it's clear. I can't tell properly because of my eyes but it looks milky if that makes sense. (I think it might be light and very high overcast....) Glass is on 29.2". Forecast is for a dry day except for the slim chance of very light rain in the next three hours, a light to moderate Southerly wind and an expected high of 23C. Could develop into a summer's day!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

It's cold cold cold here, for the next 5 days we have an average day temp of 12C and overnight temp of 8C with rain all the way. Today feels like 7C, we've had a bit of sun but mainly it's wet wet wet with some hail every so often.
There is snow on our Adelaide Hills Mt Lofty (727 metres high).
Enjoy your sunny days :cool4:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You're having proper winter Cathy. We had a very nice warm day. Cooler this morning and the flags are damp. Glass is back to 29". Forecast is for an overcast day with chance of a shower in next four hours and late this afternoon but otherwise bright with sunny spells. The breeze is a light south westerly and the expected high is 17C. Another growy day.....
06:40. Back in the hutch after a pleasant walk on an overcast, calm and mild morning. Jack has made two deliveries of firm stool, I am free of pain, striding out well and breathing is clear, not bad for the mileage! On the whole, very little to complain about.....
11:00. We had our second walk and it is a nice day after a couple of light showers. They forecast rain later in the afternoon but we have had the best of the day. [Quite possibly bad timing but I have ditched my vest again but gone back i9nto long sleeved shirts.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Damp mild and overcast this morning. Glass is a shade below 29". We've had our walk, dry and mild and almost calm, very pleasant but not exciting! The forecast is for a generally overcast day with an occasional light shower and more chance of sunshine later on. The wind is a steady moderate SW breeze and the expected high is 16C. Once again it's good growing weather if nit high summer....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Overcast and gloomy this morning. It was clear and bright at 21:00 last night but daylight is late coming this morning, the days are shortening! The glass is steady at just below 29" so nothing violent in sight. The forecast is not good, high chance of a shower all day on a light southerly breeze so they'll hang about when they start. The wind will swing to the west later tonight but remain light. Expected high of 15C. I think the message is to get out for our walk now!
Back at 06:00 and though dry and calm I think we were out just in time. A couple of spots of rain on the back of my neck as I walked eastwards across the Town Square. Still not properly light, I hate gloomy still days like these! But, looking on the bright side, ideal growing weather.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No great weight of rain yesterday but persistent. Even so, the ground under dense foliage is still dry. Brighter this morning but still overcast. Glass is steady on 29". Forecast is for a mostly dry, bright overcast day with a very light and variable wind that eventually settles down to being a westerly. Some bright spells and an expected high of 16C. Not high summer but no dramas and very growy.... Things could be a lot worse!
06:15. We've had our walk on a humid, overcast but pleasant morning. Everything growing well and the birds singing.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

21:00 last night, we had that unusual cloud pattern again. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Dry night and calm and overcast this morning. The glass is at just over 29", it's rising very slowly, usually a good sign of better, settled weather. Forecast bears this out.... We are promised a clear sunny day with a very light Westerly breeze all day and an expected high of 17C. Prospect for the rest of the week is similar. This and better will do! I think we can chance a walk......

Back home at 06:00. Lovely crisp morning out there and the sky is clearing nicely. That sky is evidently a harbinger of good weather. Temperatures close to freezing reported from some parts of Ireland. The wind last night was NW and I think there is still a touch of that this morning. Nice day, nice walk and what a good start to the day!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was a good day.... This morning is dry, bright and calm with scattered thin high cloud, it is cooler. The glass is still rising and up at 29.1". The forecast is for a bright overcast day with sunny spells early on. The very light breeze is in the East and will stay there all day slowly strengthening. Expected high of 19C, higher than yesterday. Looks like another nice day and just right for drying some bedding outside! [It is in the machine as I write]. Time for a walk I think.....

Back in the hutch at 06:20 after a very pleasant walk. I had the washing machine on a hot wash and when I came back in the house my glasses steamed up, shows how cool it is this morning.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Dry and high overcast with a light breeze this morning. I noted at 21:99 last night that the wind was from the west not the east as predicted. The glass is falling, down at 28.8". The forecast is for a mainly dry overcast day with sunny spells, small chance of a shower early this morning. Wind will settle in the SW and rise to a brisk breeze during the day. Expected high of 18C. Looks as though it is brewing up for a rainy day tomorrow.....

We were back in the hutch by 06:30. A dry pleasant walk but the sky was darkening and now at a quarter past seven we have damp flags after a light shower. No matter if it rains tomorrow, everything is getting dry and we could do with a good soak!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We were lucky yesterday and avoided the rain and thunderstorms that others experienced. This morning there is more wind but at 03:30 it was dry. I've just had a look and it's the same now with plenty of clear sky. Could be a good time to get out there for a walk! The glass is just above 28.9". Forecast is a lot better than predicted yesterday, mainly bright overcast all day with a fresh SW breeze and an expected high of 16C.
06:00. Back in the hutch after a pleasant walk on a fresh and breezy morning. A watery sun is coming in under the clouds in the East. I am not too sure about the forecast. The wind is uneasy, swirling round in odd corners and there are a lot of gulls about. Everything feels uneasy.... We'll see.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It stayed dry yesterday. At 04:00 this morning it was spotting with rain on dry flags, now it's properly wet but only light rain at the moment. Glass is below 28.8". Forecast is for a rainy start to the day and then occasional showers with sunny spells. Wind is a moderate southerly at the moment but will swing into the west and stay there all day. Expected high of 14C. Not summer weather but the gardens need it.... (The corduroy suit will be a good choice for later in the day.....)
Back at 06:30 from a damp walk with light rain but no weight as yet, The ground is still dry under the trees. More activity than usual in the Pioneer Car park including one idiot who left the car park with wheels spinning and engine screaming.... he must have a very small willy....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

It brings to mind Flanders & Swan: "The dinosaur had a brain the size of a crisp."
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The idiot was certainly not wired up like us....
Yesterday turned out sunny but cool. At 21:30 last night I am sure the clouds were coming in from the NW. I saw that peculiar barred cloud formation again which has preceded settled weather lately. The glass is up slightly at 28.9"..The forecast is for a bright overcast day except for the chance of a shower around dinnertime. The very light East wind will swing round via the south during the day until it ends in the west later tonight. As the south wind comes in the temperature will rise to 18C. Not exciting summer weather.....
06:15. We've had a dry walk on a damp cool morning. That's about it!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That SW wind was very mild and on the whole we had a good day. This morning started calm and dry but now we have light rain. The glass is steady at just below 28.8". The forecast is for a mainly dry bright overcast day but with a chance of a light shower almost any time and possibly one spell of heavier rain in the evening. The moderate SW wind will persist all day, gradually decreasing. Expected high is 17C largely due to the mild SW breeze.
07:00. Back home after a dry walk, mild breeze and occasional flashes of sun coming in under the clouds in the east. Jack saw some of his mates so all in all; a pleasant walk for both of us.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Summer - more like winter!!
Say only a little but say it well.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Not hot Moh, I have my vest on again....
Clear and dry as far as I could see at 4AM. Glass is up slightly at just below 29" Forecast is for an overcast day with a gradually increasing westerly breeze. Cooler at 15C but little chance of rain. No sign of anything warmer on the horizon.
06:30. Back home after a calm walk under high overcast with the occasional shaft of sun from the East. Nothing exciting but then it's Barlick summer so this is a good day......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Calm, cool and dry with a partially clear sky this morning. We've had our walk and Wendy is right about it being dry, Butts Beck is down to a trickle and look at how much land it drains! The glass was rising slowly yesterday and is on 29". The forecast is a re-run of yesterday, cool, overcast but getting brighter later, steady moderate westerly breeze, hardly any chance of rain and an expected high of 15C again....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Quiet, dry, clear and coll this morning. The glass has fallen slightly but nothing significant, as near as dammit it is still on 29". The forecast is for a bright overcast day with a light wind that will soon swing from west to south and then right round to the north giving lower temperatures later in the day and tonight. By about dinnertime we should have a high of 16C but the trend over the weekend is for it to get cooler. Time we had some sett;led warm weather!
We got our walk to the butcher's in early and were back in the hutch at 05:30. Nice morning, calm, heavy dew and the only thing that marred the experience was a large delivery of dog muck on the pavement at the corner of Wellhouse Street and back Co-operative Street. Normally I ignore other dog's muck but this was so offensive that I picked it up and disposed of it. Cheers to the idle bugger who caused it to be left there......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Seasons”