Spring 2017

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Spring 2017

Post by Stanley »

It was generally a dry day yesterday but at 21:00 the gusty west wind was bringing ragged cloud in and some rain spots. First thing this morning we had a west wind and ragged 100% cloud cover, dark and threatening at the moment with occasional spits of rain. The glass dropped slightly during the night but is back on 1003mb again. The forecast is for an overcast day with very light rain occasionally. The constant moderate west wind will give a high of 15C and a low of 14C. Today is the precursor of a spell of much warmer weather starting tomorrow. I've ditched my vest again Moh!
06:45. Back from the butcher's after a dry pleasant walk. Overcast and a spot or two of rain on the wind but nothing to frighten the horses. Now we have to look forward to some summer weather starting tomorrow!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It was a good day, I did my painting outside and it dried quickly. At 21:30 it was overcast but dry and a mild west wind. This morning it is the same. The glass is up at 1020mb. The forecast is for a dry sunny day. There will be a constant mild west wind and the high is 21C and the low tonight 11C. The outlook for the next week is good. Looks like a bit of summer!
06:05. What's not to like about a pleasant walk on a calm dry morning with a sky that is rapidly clearing from the west. A very promising morning.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nice day yesterday and still dry and clear at 21:00 with full daylight. The glass is steady on 1020mb. The forecast is dead simple. Full sun all day with a light west wind and a high of 22C, low of 14C. Even warmer tomorrow....
06:10. It doesn't get any better than this. Full sun, totally clear sky apart from a half moon high in the south and the red-eyes coming in from the NW. A good dew and the birds are singing, the greenery is superb! The only bummer is the amount of litter engendered no doubt by the fine weather. I have picked more litter this week than ever.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Perfect day yesterday and this morning looks just as good. The glass is down slightly at 1016mb. The forecast is a re-run of yesterday but even warmer. Full sun all day, a light and variable breeze swinging about between west and north. The high is 25C and the low 15C. At the moment there is some low scattered cloud that is holding the sun back but it was clear earlier and I have no doubt this will burn off.
06:20. A perfect walk. The scattered cloud is burning off and the sun is coming in. It's going to be warm!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Grrr... Sounds perfect Stanley.
We have had 17C for day and 6-8C at night for what seems like forever and it's our forecast for the next week as well. Sunshine every day , but not all day.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Ah well, think of the times when we had hard frosts and you had 30C Cathy! Swings and roundabouts.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

It must be summer now Stanley :laugh5:
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Ian is in charge of titles Sue. I agree with you, it's definitely summer weather! Just been out with Jack for his late morning evacuation.... It's a beautiful day, some wisps of high cloud but full sun and very warm. This and better.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

This is the late Spring run up Sue and is how it should be (flaming June). I will start Summer when it should be at the Solstice, not long to wait it's on Wednesday. :smile:
Ian
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

We've been having full sun, no breeze and 35C here. We're spending a lot of time with the blinds, curtains and windows all shut to keep the house temperature lower. The flowers in the garden are wilting and dropping off. The birds sit with their beaks open to cool off. It surprises me to see so many people without a hat when outdoors, especially now when we're getting very high UV levels.
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Are your roads melting. :grin:
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Cathy wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 05:25 Grrr... Sounds perfect Stanley.
We have had 17C for day and 6-8C at night for what seems like forever and it's our forecast for the next week as well. Sunshine every day , but not all day.
That is our normal summer Cathy!
Say only a little but say it well.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Changing the topic title will signal the end of the hot spell!
No Cathy, it can happen but only after a few days to let the heat soak into the road surface.
Another perfect day in Barlick, more haze and high cloud but very hot. Light until almost 23:00 last night. This morning we have some broken light cloud but dry and warm and almost calm. The glass is down slightly at 1015mb. The forecast is for a dry, bright overcast day with a constant moderate east wind so it will be cooler, 20C high and 13C low tonight. One advantage about thick stone walls and an East/West orientation of the terraced row is that the heat is only now beginning to get into the North side of the house, the front room and my bedroom are on that side so they are both still comfortable.
06:30. Another nice walk. Waistcoat and bare arms. Full sun but mitigated slightly by thin high scattered cloud. I notice that the walnut tree outside Barlic Bites has reacted to the dry weather by shedding some immature nuts.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Pluggy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Pluggy »

Me thinks this thread has had its day. :grin:
Pluggy's Home Monitor : http://pluggy.duckdns.org
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Just about, I reckon its late by a day this year, maybe the accumulative leap year jobby, 365 is not directly divisible by four. Our perambulation round our star is fixed so something else has to give. Enjoy the last day of Spring 2017 you will never see it again.
Ian
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Over and out....
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Looks like everyone has had their final say on Spring so onward into Summer.

This topic now locked from further comments.

New observations here:

Summer 2017
Ian

Return to “Seasons”