SPRING 2012

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: SPRING 2012

Post by Stanley »

It'll have to get warmer before I get mine out of the wardrobe Kev! Lovely day yesterday, first day since March with no heat at all. Forecast is good. Glass is up at 30" and once more it looks as though we are in the most favoured part of the country. 14C outside at 05:00 and even more important, workshop is 18C! As soon as I have finished the holocaust book I shall be back in the shed! This and better will do. However, remember that we are still liable to the occasional early morning frost until the second week in June, keep an idea on those tender plants!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Here in Brittany it was warm am with slight drizzle but pm was hot and we sat out until 8.30pm. Today it is dry and although the sun is trying to get out it is a little overcast at the moment, looks like it will be another nice day. Eileen
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

I can stand any amount of this beautiful weather - warmer than Majorca, Malta, Portugal & Malaga!!
Say only a little but say it well.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

And about time too Moh! Ditched my vest yesterday, far too warm. Glad I shaved my head, just in time. Glass up to 30.2" and the forecast is good for the foreseeable future. Lovely!
Only problem is the dreadful shorts that are being rooted out of the bottoms of wardrobes all over the town. Bart Simpson has much to answer for.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

we like our short's but not Bart Simpson ones. Lot's of them here though. Nice yesterday outside until 11.00pm last night and this morning it's a beautiful day. Eileen
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley wrote:Only problem is the dreadful shorts that are being rooted out of the bottoms of wardrobes all over the town. Bart Simpson has much to answer for.
I think a part of the problem here is that many of the dodgy "shorts" are used to cover a multitude of sins. I can't for the life in me see how anyone can describe a garment that is essentially a pair of cropped pants as shorts. Shorts should be just that i.e. end towards the top of the thigh and not below the knee or approaching the ankle. Think Desert Rats, "Ice Cold in Alex" or 1960's footballers.

I have reasonably broad selection some more dreadful than others mainly because proper shorts are becoming increasingly difficult to find. Most blokes seem to think they need 20 pockets for one reason or another. :smile:
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

On The Way Home by Olympus_Kev, on Flickr

Sunday May 20th 2012. P on the way back down Folly Lane from Weets. We started out with 2 layers on, down to shirtsleeves before we'd got halfway to Prospect Farm, along Lister Well Lane. Saw Doc enjoying a leisurely read of the Sunday papers on the way past.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

How about these Ian.... In my defence I was working hard in over 100F temperature! Should I inflict them on Barlick?
Glass steady on 30.2". Heat is penetrating house now, over 25C upstairs. Not complaining.......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

See what attracted my attention today Eileen
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

A bit long for me Stanley but I love the braces, you have forgotten the belt though :surprised:
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

We ate outside yesterday evening. Its the first time in years. It was 27C in Todmorden and warmer in our backgarden. Today looks set to be very hot indeed. Come back Brittany breeze!!
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Ian, the whole idea of a size too big and the braces is that you promote good air circulation through the shorts as you move around. Tying a piece of string round you shuts the air flow down.
Sue, we had a gentle easterly air flow in Barlick yesterday and it's still there this morning. According to forecast we are still the warmest rural temperature in England. Glass is steady on 30.2" this morning, clear sky and more of the same..... Ventilated straw hat came out yesterday.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

What struck me was how cool the front room felt at 23C. It was hot yesterday! Glass has fallen back slightly to 30.1" Sun is up already and it feels lovely and fresh outside with a gentle easterly breeze. Looks like another hot one. How long before we hear the word drought again?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Glass fallen back to 30". The forecasters tell us the hot spell is waning and Northern Scotland could drop 10C tomorrow. Heavy thunderstorms forecast and it could be wet for the funeral on Thursday..... Did an hour in the shed yesterday but it was almost 26C by 11am. Too hot for working!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: SUMMER 2012

Post by PanBiker »

Test post to see if I have managed to bring Summer to the thread. :sunny3:
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: SUMMER 2012

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote:Test post to see if I have managed to bring Summer to the thread. :sunny3:

It would appear you have, Ian.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

I am taking a different tack on this and creating a new thread for SUMMER 2012 click the link to go to the new thread.

I have locked this topic and now declare Summer officially open.
Ian

Return to “Seasons”