Dog Fouling

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dog Fouling

Post by Big Kev »

The irresponsible dog owners of Barlick are excelling in the Park St, Park Rd and Mosely St area. Had a call from the dog warden this morning, extra patrols are in place but, ideally, they need times when these morons are allowing their dogs to foul in the street. These timings would then allow the covert surveillance to concentrate on time slots that have a better chance of catching these people.

If you are aware of these irresponsible morons, who are either of low intelligence or just have no respect for where they live, please report them to https://www.pendle.gov.uk/forms/form/11 ... og_fouling. Once a couple have been caught and fined others may think twice before walking away from the pile of steaming ???? left by their blameless hound. :furious3:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Dog Fouling

Post by Stanley »

Dead right! I have shopped an offender......
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Purely from personal observations I note the people who I see failing to clear up after their dogs are from an older generation. Only this week I spoke to one elderly man on Bullholme after he just walked off after waiting for his dog to do its bit. I politely asked him why he did not clean it up and his response was a very grumpy "Its nature". Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

My observations ( different country) is that it is the owners of SMALL dogs who allow their critters to foul the pavements. Somehow they think that no-one will mind a wee spot of do-do like that! How offensive can such a tiny dot of poo be? And who will notice my tiny dog doing it. Rules are for others....not me!
( we have a woman comes past every morning and I watch her little 'RAT' dog do its thing and she totally looks the other way)

"Come Fido". :gorgeous:
hartley353

Post by hartley353 »

Dog fouling is also a problem in my neighbourhood. By far the greater culprits are the young hoodies with staffie/pitbull crosses, they totally ignore the local bylaws to keep dogs on a lead. This has led to many attacks on small dogs and cats. and on one occasion a small dog owner had to strangle one of these dogs with his bare hands,to save his pet. When i first noted the fouling I offered the owner one of my doggy bags the response was unprintable, accompanied by threats of violence.
After the first attacks the police were informed, but refused to help, not their job. It would appear a child has to die to attract their help.
Tardis

Post by Tardis »

I'd love to know which owner is letting their animal foul the Wellhouse Street pavements

No reason for it, when the bags are free from the council shop
Phil

Post by Phil »

As Kev says plenty of dog mess around Park Road area and the worst place is next to the dog bin near the High School, on Mosley Street near us most of the stuff appears during the night hours, this is both on the front and back streets. I saw one culprit leave some so I ponited it out to him, he made a great show of getting out a bag to collect it but as soon as I turned my back, left it and shot off round the top of the street, I have not seen him since but when I do I will find where he lives and dob him in.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

There may be some elderly folk who rely on their dogs for company but find it difficult or impossible to bend down and pick up the droppings.
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

We have the problem of dog fouling here in Nelson too, especially on side streets and main streets away from the town centre. I confronted an elderly chap who has three dogs and was letting one of them get down to do its poo at the side of the house (on our land) he went in to a shouting rage and went to pick up some other dog's poo in a plastic bag. He then rushed around the back of the house and dumped the said bag of poo in the wheelie bin. I stepped in front of him telling him to take the bag of poo out of the bin and take it to the nearest dog bin just up the road, but he refused and then rushed off up the road. It was as if he thought his dog had a perfect right to do it's poo wherever it wanted, even at the side of the house. He still comes past the house but have not seen his dogs doing any fouling since that time. It is dreadful when you accidently step in the stuff and then take it into your home and onto the carpets etc.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Wellhouse Street. It may cease...
Maz, I once took an old lady to task because of her small Yorky's deposit on my grass. She said "But it's so small!" and in a funny way I had to agree with her!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Wendyf wrote:There may be some elderly folk who rely on their dogs for company but find it difficult or impossible to bend down and pick up the droppings.
That may be a mitigating circumstance but they could stop said dog doing it in the middle of the footpath.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Dog fouling isn't the worst thing (though bad enough). I was talking to one of my friends yesterday and asked where her dog was, one of Jack's little mates. She told me that it had been killed by an Akita. They had only had the dog an hour and had let two small children take it for a walk. The consequence is that my friend has lost her companion. So unfair and unnecessary!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote:Dog fouling isn't the worst thing (though bad enough). I was talking to one of my friends yesterday and asked where her dog was, one of Jack's little mates. She told me that it had been killed by an Akita. They had only had the dog an hour and had let two small children take it for a walk. The consequence is that my friend has lost her companion. So unfair and unnecessary!
At the end of the day it's all down to responsibility. Whether it be fouling in the street or failing to have the capability to control the animal. If the owner isn't responsible they shouldn't have it.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
hartley353

Post by hartley353 »

An hour after I posted on the 8th, My Mrs returned from the shops, she was visibly shaken, she had been witness to an attack on a puppy on a lead The attacking dog again was in the care of a youth, once again a staffie cross. A number of people came to the pups rescue, one the local butcher with a mallet. the puppy was saved but would require vetinary care. The youth was shown not to be so tough when surrounded by a baying crowd and left in tears. My wife will now be worried when walking the dogs in the summer when many more of these youths and there dogs are about.

Return to “Animals and Pets”