What's on your playlist?

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What's on your playlist?

Post by Wendyf »

This is Bellowhead...if you haven't come across them before.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn0Ff83spQw[/BBvideo]
PostmanPete
Regular User

Post by PostmanPete »

Wendyf wrote:Just got back from seeing Bellowhead in Blackburn. First time I've seen them, it was quite an experience.

I told you you'd like them. (You did like them I hope...!)
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Yes Pete, I thought they were wonderful. Did you go...were you dancing in the aisles?
I'm getting a bit old to be staying out late. All I want to do on a Sunday evening after a day in the great outdoors is to curl up in front of the fire with a glass of wine or two, not head off into the night to far flung places like Blackburn! I must admit I was a bit miffed to find that there was a support group on first and then an interval before Bellowhead finally came on....there were a lot of drinkers getting drunker and more obstreperous around us. Yep, I'm definitely getting old.
PostmanPete
Regular User

Post by PostmanPete »

I probably got the first tickets when they went on sale..! I was sat in the middle of the front row. :grin: I ended up getting lost amongst all the dancers at the front near the end...... (great exercise though)
I've seen them a couple of times before and I can recommend seeing Spiers and Boden as a duo although they are taking a break after their 2014 shows to concentrate on their Bellowhead stuff.
Roll on April 19th at the Bridgewater Hall - Bellowhead concert number 4..........
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
PostmanPete
Regular User

Post by PostmanPete »

There's a review of Sundays Bellowhead concert in the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/le ... Blackburn/
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Col & I went to see the "Acoustic Strawbs" at Clitheroe Grand last night. We didn't quite know what to expect, but they were brilliant! Nice venue and only £15 a ticket to see some very skilled & entertaining musicians. I've tried to find a decent Youtube clip...the sounds a bit poor quality.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I24yvzq7Rls[/BBvideo]
hartley353

Post by hartley353 »

My sister in Cyprus posted a clip from U2 on facebook. After listening to it I searched my music files to only find one cd. Knowing I should have more music than that I searched the house for U2 CD,s to no avail. Next step the attic all my cassettes are up there in storage boxes. Eureka they were there on tape. Now to transfer them to my computer and then burn them on to discs. They were always a favourite band and had slipped from my play list when my cars had only CD players fitted, and I had ditched my hifi system with tape decks for an all in one Audio visual system, which only includes a Cd player.
bleakdan

Post by bleakdan »

Hi and good morning.

Just a quick post to see if anyone is interested in becoming a Presenter or even my side kick on my show Mondays from 6 :cool4:

I am also looking if there is any interest in you guys creating a hour play list of your choice and coming into the studio (its not at all scary). play your favourite tracks and have a natter about them.

Anyway if your interested let me know and I will sort something out.

Cheers Danny

http://www.westcravenradio.com/

Danny B
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Found this on one of the local Facebook pages. Local talent Andrew Gilmour with mates Harvey Brindle and Thomas Hargreaves. Nice. :grin:

Driving Home for Christmas
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

That is nice Ian. Chris Rea's version is one of my favourite Xmas songs, but it is forever linked in my mind with the Lockerbie disaster. I think it became successful that year, even though it had been released a couple of years earlier.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I found myself reading Private Eye and listening to Mahler's 'A German Requiem' yesterday.... Must say something about me......
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

I've always been a fan of Jake Thackray. Here are two of his songs that may make you smile, "Brother Gorilla."Gorilla
The Bull. Bull
Not everybody's sense of humor is the same, I hope you will put up with mine.
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

You have good taste.
I like Sister Josephine, and the song with the 'coal black, mole black, foal'.
Very clever with his lyrics. I have a tape somewhere. Now I'll have to dig it out. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday

Return to “What, Where, When, We, Who, Look & How”