We all Love A Moan, What Annoyed You Today...

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: We all Love A Moan, What Annoyed You Today...

Post by PanBiker »

I renewed my car insurance last week. I always know when it's due, as for about a month or six weeks before I get inundated with unsolicited mail from all and sundry with "the best thing since sliced bread" insurance offers. Most of which turn out to be twice as much as I am already paying. So, a week before it's due I recycle all the paper offers and go on the internet for a quote or two, (or 79 as it turned out).

I visited the Meerkat's for my quote and settled on the fourth one of the 79 produced as it was a reasonably priced comprehensive policy with all the features I needed. £179.00 thank you very much! Now I know that all the quotes that they give you are all on the base policy, so I was not surprised when I headed for the online checkout that they had added another six "optional extras" onto the policy and ticked all the boxes for information on just about everything you could possibly ever insure, (including the kitchen sink). This escalated the price of the policy from £179.00 to £357.00! Not to be deterred, I deselected all the boxes for everything I did not want or already have, such as breakdown insurance (I am with the AA), I kept legal protection as the chance of you being rammed by someone who is uninsured is getting more likely with every passing year. My final price for my policy for the next twelve months was £212.00 fully comp, free windscreen replacement, protected no claims, 90 days European travel, Legal protection for £110K, £500.00 cover for goods left in car and in car audio plus other stuff that I can't remember. 10 minutes after hitting the return key I had an email and five minutes after that I had all my documents. All sorted for another year, Bobs your Uncle, done and dusted minimum hassle, or so I thought.

That was last Friday, on Saturday morning I had a phone call from the broker for my car policy asking me if I had any pets I wanted to insure. "No thanks" says I am already sorted. I also pointed out that I had deselected all the sundry boxes when I sorted my policy the day before. They were very apologetic and apologised miss calling me with an assurance that it would not happen again. Monday was quiet, probably because of the Bank Holiday. Tuesday evening I received a call about buildings Insurance, Wednesday it was contents insurance, nothing on Thursday, but an email today offering to add breakdown insurance to my policy!

Needless to say I have re-unsubscribed, (if that is a word) from everything that KwikFit insurance Services offer. Time will tell...

I hasten to add that none of this is the Meerkat's fault, my cuddly toy has been despatched from Meerkovo by Meerkat courier who is currently resting due to paw fatigue from the large expanses of cobbled streets in Prague!

Meerkovo

:smile:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I've never had a cold call from an insurance company. Probably because I have never dealt with a company direct, I do it all through Swinton at Burnley and have never had cause for complaint.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Gearce

Post by Gearce »

Gearce wrote:This notice which keeps popping up every now and again while I am visiting this site.
Two months now. Can't anything be done?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To quote ANONYMOUS
I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Haven't seen it for yonks....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
cloghopper
Regular User

Post by cloghopper »

Stanley wrote:Haven't seen it for yonks....
:grin: Pops up every time I log on.
cheers,
cloggy

Return to “What, Where, When, We, Who, Look & How”