WHAT ATTRACTED YOUR ATTENTION TODAY?

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: WHAT ATTRACTED YOUR ATTENTION TODAY?

Post by Tizer »

Sorry to have to say this but, yes, you're being impatient! Have a look at the figures here: LINK According to that it could take up to 12 weeks in the north-west. Better get a beer and chill out! :smile:
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

I'll get a beer :-)
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Deep Joy! -3C here again this morning. Rugged up like the Michelin Man and burning the leccy to keep warm. Lawns were all white up and down the street this morning.
Both working in the same space on our respective computers today, making the most of a warm room. We have been here 6 years now, and I've never known it to be this cold. Mind you, I am 11 kilos lighter than I used to be too... :biggrin2:...could be "lack of padding".
Last edited by Marilyn on 24 Jun 2019, 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Grandson Harry is in the UK. Here he is skipping stones in Devon yesterday.

Well, better than 35C Maz!

Listening to the first report of Murray's doubles win yesterday I was interested to note it was described as his victory, no mention of his partner. This was rectified in a later report but I thought it betrayed some bias on the part of the media.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Flipping Freezing tonight! Got down to -7C somewhere in our state. Might be forced to share body heat with my husband when we go to bed...just can't keep warm!
Haven't really needed more food, but one does seek warm food. And I am having a glass of wine despite our rule to not drink on week nights. ( had to convince David I might freeze to death in my bed during the night if I didn't have any "anti-freeze" in my blood) :laugh5:
But I don't share his love of Hot Chocolate, which he will have, so he could not deny me a glass of Red.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Having said that, I see some parts of France will suffer 40C and over.
Crazy world. Extremes are hard for us too, as we aren't used to them.
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

We're forcing the Earth into a different climate and it'll be choppy waters for a time before things settle down! :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Wear bed socks Maz.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I was just having a look at the latest version of Flight Radar 24 when a Dakota came over heading over Barlick, it was D- Day Doll. I dashed out and could hear it but not see it because of low cloud.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

She must be heading out to the US after visiting the Paris Air Show......currently over the Lake District.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Flight track shows that she took off from Birmingham. If she's heading home to the US it will be staged flight to Iceland and then Greenland. How they hopped between the US and UK in WWII.
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

It looks like she might be heading for Prestwick.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Heading is currently 317 degrees. Keflavik or maybe the original runway that my dad helped build at Reykjavik.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

She's descending now and turned to 354 degrees, now 90 degrees heading back to the UK mainland, could be Prestwick.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

800ft - 80kts - Glasgow Prestwick.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Well, that was fun, best get something done now. :smile:
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Exactly!!
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Just been to Tesco - I found myself in front of the Erdinger non alcoholic beer, so I bought a bottle. I'll let you know.

On the shelf above at a modest £26.00 per bottle was this Seedlip non alcoholic spirits

I'm struggling with the concept and the price. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I've bookmarked that flight radar....
I agree David, cheaper to have a pot of tea.....
See THIS CNN report of a death on the US/Mexican border which has gone viral in the US. News that the House of Representatives has voted $4.5billion to improve the situation on the border after recent reports about terrible conditions for children particularly held in custody at border stations but the Senate wants a modified Bill and Trump threatens to veto both. (LINK) This follows the resignation of Trump's new migration chief in protest about the conditions.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I noticed a vapour trail over the town first thing and using Weny's tracker found it was a Red Aye flight from JFK on its way to Munich.... Not a biggie but nice to identify it.
How nice it is to have a clear sunny day for a change.
How the sun is noticeably lower in the sky....
The fact that Garlick's haven't fulfilled their promise to get back to me about my oven. A £600 sale must be small beer to them.... I shall have words with them.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

This news article caught my eye today...
Transparent wheelie bins have been proposed by an Adelaide councillor in a bid to make residents 'face their waste' and think about whether they are disposing of it correctly. It's about encouraging people to model best practice when it comes to recycling.
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled(28).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Burnley are using clear windowed bins for trade paper and card waste bins. Good idea, should be extended if the public bring sites can ever be restored.
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Stanley wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 05:16 How the sun is noticeably lower in the sky....
Aye, neets are drawing in, it'll be Christmas soon. :extrawink:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Titter you may Tiz! (Source?) But if you have good routines like me and see the dawn ever day of the year these small changes are very apparent!
I liked Prestwick Airport. In the 1980s I got a cheap return ticket out of there for the US with NW Airlines and flew out in a DC 11, the very back row. The bloke next to me was an RAF helicopter pilot and he commented that he didn't know why he was on the flight because the NW planes were the oldest flying the N Atlantic and he was regularly scrambled to fly out and shepherd them in if they had a problem. Deep Joy! I asked him if he had noted the graffiti scratched in the paint at the passenger door.... This was one of the last flights out of Prestwick and the return journey was to Glasgow. On the return BA cancelled the underbooked Manchester flight from Glasgow and flew us to London and then back to Manchester....
Prestwick had the distinction of being the best in UK for fog free operation and so it was used by BA for pilot training. I saw my first 747 there in about 1970, BA pilots were practising maximum weight take-offs and as I passed with the cattle wagon I stopped in a no parking zone to watch as it waddled up to the end of the runway about 100 yards from the road and turned to take off. A police car pulled up and told me I couldn't park there but I told him that that plane was the biggest in the world, weighed knocking on for 400 tons and couldn't possibly fly so could we watch it. He agreed and we watched it gradually diminish in size as it went down the runway, we were dead in line with it. Suddenly it simply took to the air at what looked like an impossible angle. Amazing, The bobby and I went on our way. I can still see that enormous machine in my mind's eye.....
Yesterday it was the lovely weather that grabbed me.... And I had an interesting conversation with Garlicks who were treating my oven swap a bit sloppily. I eventually agreed that they would come after 15:00 on Monday..... I like spending money in the town but sometimes it can be hard work!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Stanley wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 02:57 Titter you may Tiz! (Source?)
That sounds like Frankie Howard to me: `Titter ye not'!
Stanley wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 02:57 I like spending money in the town but sometimes it can be hard work!
I agree. I like to support the town's shops but they sometimes seem to be their own worst enemy...but I had a good experience yesterday. I took my failed digital radio back to Argos and they replaced it in a matter of minutes. All I had to do was show my receipt. :smile:

This makes me dislike Trump even more (if that's possible)...
`'Destroyed' Trump golf course dunes to lose special status' LINK
The gist of it is that they got permission to develop the area by claiming they wouldn't spoil the SSSI and then they've wrecked it.

Return to “What, Where, When, We, Who, Look & How”