WHAT ATTRACTED YOUR ATTENTION TODAY?

Marilyn
VIP Member

Re: WHAT ATTRACTED YOUR ATTENTION TODAY?

Post by Marilyn »

Seeing Queen Victoria's ( enormous) knickers being unwrapped from tissue paper and displayed to the public today.
I turned to hubby and said "Make me a promise to chuck all mine away if / when I die. The thought of my ( not that enormous) undies being kept for over 100 years and displayed in public is....distressing."
Is nothing private?
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Be still my beating heart......
The directoire knicker is alive and well!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

( almost as big as Queen Victoria's !!!!)
You find them sexy?
Hmmmmmm...ok....each to their own. I would have a fit of the giggles myself...

On last weekend's two night stay away, hubby packed for himself ( well...he is no idiot and can do so. )
He always forgets SOMETHING (!) and once again it was underwear. I refused to let him do the three day challenge in the pair he was wearing, so we had to source new ones in the shops. He bought a 3pack of quite racy ones. Oooo lah lah...
He seems quite taken with them.
I....am....taking....a ....little longer, but warming to the new look!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's the challenge posed by the strong elastic Maz. (Actually I am kidding, they weren't called 'Passion Killers' for nothing!)
The savage eye drops used to dilate the pupils in retinal photography! They assure me they are harmless.......
See THIS for a report about a driverless shuttle bus being involved in an accident on it's first day of deployment in Las Vegas. The accident wasn't due to a fault on the part of the robot but human error by the truck driver who reversed into it. As they used to say in training, the most important nut in the vehicle is the one behind the wheel!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Bodger

Post by Bodger »

Marilyn, A good cause and good selection, you might enjoy the models
https://www.myoddballs.com/#sm.0000x5mz ... 8pcmhmqyvj
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

This is fun...
`When is an apple not an apple?
`Derek Man used apples as pinhole cameras to capture the harvest at some of the dwindling number of orchards in London. He worked with The Orchard Project, which is committed to the restoration and celebration of community orchards.' LINK
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Bodge, I'll stick to my M&S!
Tiz, Why make things harder? I don't understand it..... Perhaps I'm missing something!
Susan visits this morning, she's deaf but I shall prepare written questions....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Stanley wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 04:35 Tiz, Why make things harder? I don't understand it..... Perhaps I'm missing something!
Probably the same reason a mountaineer always wants to find a more difficult mountain!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nice visit from Susan. She was better than I expected and we had a few laughs....

Successful hour in the shed. This is the finest thread I have ever cut, 52 threads to the inch and it's a perfect fit. I was frightened of this one! A good day!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Anyone in Britain who has a bank account should make themselves aware of the change to Open Banking which will be implemented in January 2018. See this post in the OG Banking thread for more information and a link to an easy explanation. LINK
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Almost certainly an Earbier China! That piece of road needs permanent traffic calming measures, it's long overdue for widening.
Lewis Hamilton wiping out his car on the first lap of qualifying for the Brazilian GP.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

A four wheeled bicycle, well that's novel. Couldn't have been a pensioner or he would have used his bus pass.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It seems the Great British Eccentric is alive and well.
Just a thought.... Thinking back to Mrs Trellis, could it be Boris?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Bodger

Post by Bodger »

An excellent 30mins of engineering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75N5OuMpxgw
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

How well attended the remembrance service in the town square was and the wreath laying at the memorial. The town square was packed for the service despite the bitterly cold day, there were a lot more wreath layers than in previous years also. Excellent to see so much support from the town. Proud also that my granddaughter Isla was selected to lay a wreath on behalf of her Brownie troop at the Silsden memorial. :smile:
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 10:49 How well attended the remembrance service in the town square was and the wreath laying at the memorial. The town square was packed for the service despite the bitterly cold day, there were a lot more wreath layers than in previous years also. Excellent to see so much support from the town. Proud also that my granddaughter Isla was selected to lay a wreath on behalf of her Brownie troop at the Silsden memorial. :smile:
It was a very good turnout for such a cold day...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'll watch that later Bodge, looks good.

How small the spindle for my wobble broach gets as I get it to size!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It was small all right! Pick yourself up off the floor Stanley and start again!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

I see that president Mugabe seems to be being dealt with. For the last year or so - I had some enjoyable conversations with a guy called John who spent all his working life in Zimbabwe. He went as a contractor for Lonrho, and stayed for fifty years, managing a mine. He enjoyed telling me he was the same age as Mugabe.

His life there was swallowed up by the enormous inflation, as a result of which he had 'thousands of billions' in the bank, but no purchasing power. They wouldn't let him leave for a long time, but eventually his turn came, and returned to UK.

He loved that country, and I'm sure would have gone back if he could. I am sure he would be delighted by today's news but sadly it came too late for him. John passed away earlier this year.

I miss our chats.
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sorry your friend missed what is happening David. Zimbabwe, 'the corn basket of Africa', has been brought down by a series of botched political decisions, a deluded dictator who eventually tried to create a despotic dynasty and finally one of the nastiest pieces of work I have see for a long time, his wife Grace. It has been a problem for almost as long as I can remember. What bothers me is that the man who appears to have instigated this coup was as heavily involved in the massacres that killed tens of thousands as Mugabe.....
HERE'S a more cheerful story heard on World Service this morning. Well worth looking at if you like elephants!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

The planning application on the land above Greenberfield Locks. It would be criminal if this development went ahead, please make the effort to object.

Pendle Planning
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

What attracted my attention today was how noisy the builders are next door.
(Yes they are still going and have been caught out several times with less than acceptable standards, meaning they have had to fix and re-do some things. The site is messy, and there is much coming and going, with rubbish being a problem. There are deliveries that come too early due to the setbacks of prior workers having to re-do jobs. This means our front lawn gets encroached on for next stage beams etc. we are as tolerant as possible, but rubbish and wrappings and flapping plastic does annoy after a while. The worker's toilet is on the boundary of our front lawn...it's door banging in the wind at night is annoying and I have had to tape the electricity box shut for the same reason. It has all gone on a bit too long. We have met the owner and all is ok between us. He expected to have his home complete by now and is just as annoyed about the mess)
Today I wanted to watch the last 20 mins of something I recorded last night on our bedroom TV. ( our bedroom being closest to noise next door). I did watch it today, but had to turn the volume way up, as the noise of drills and a generator were quite loud.
Builders gone for the night I turned the bedroom TV on and the volume was so high I nearly jumped out of my skin!
I don't think we realised how much noise we have been exposed to during the day with the builders.
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

It's stressful for you Maz, some workers seem to have no thought at all about their impact on other folk. A house across the street from us had new PVC fascia boards and gutters fitted a few days ago. They sawed the plastic on the tarmac pavement, leaving lots of PVC dust and granules which looked like it had snowed. All that probably gets washed into the drains.

I think I mentioned on OG how we had ordered a slate house sign from Delabole slate quarry in Cornwall and it was to be delivered by Fedex courier. We had no warning of the delivery and he called when we were out, so I had to ask them to re-deliver it. When I unwrapped it the slate was cracked and we had to then get the company to make a new one. They said it was perfect when it left them and must have been damaged in transit. Once again the courier has tried to deliver when we were out yesterday and so I asked them to redeliver on Friday because we'd be out today. Guess what, he came again with it today while we were out! When I rang them the lady I spoke to acted as if it was OK and didn't apologise or even admit they'd made a mistake. It's a wonder businesses survive at all these days when they mess up so much and seem not to train their staff.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Thought I'd drop this in here again. The proposed development will devastate the area around Greenberfield Locks. It needs stopping before it even gets off the ground. The strongest objection will be around the heritage status of the locks. https://publicaccess.pendle.gov.u ... II3500
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹

Return to “What, Where, When, We, Who, Look & How”