Global Moderator

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19) Corner

Post by Stanley »

I wasn't offered one at Colne Kev.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

We weren't offered cards at Colne either. I sat in the car after my jab reading the info sheet which said to keep my card safe, so I went back in and asked for one.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

This is what I was given at Burnley, can't see it being used as a vaccine 'certificate' though, far too easy to copy.
20210415_080223.jpg
There's a summary of it in my online medical record
20210415_080818.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Our second vaccine at Colne was due on the very date they moved the goal posts to three months later. The card with the second due date was then filed in the round filing cabinet but 10 weeks later they said where's your card? Misplaced was the diplomatic answer. We got a second card straight away.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"can't see it being used as a vaccine 'certificate' though, far too easy to copy. "
But even so, it's proof of vaccination.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Gloria

Post by Gloria »

We got ours at our first jab, then got 2nd jab details added to it when we went again.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Over here, I am not eligible for a free flu jab ( hubby is but I am not...no problems) so I book a slot at the local pharmacy, pay my £10 and turn up at my time slot. Shot administered by the local chemist. No complaints. But the chemist does give me a sticky tab/label thingy off the vial I was inoculated with. Have to hang around for five mins to make sure I don’t go face down with a reaction of course.
I am happy to do that with a Covid jab. Apart from booking in, I wasn’t asked questions or expected to sign a disclaimer releasing anyone of reliability/responsibility)
( who asks you EVER if you have had a flu shot? No one...!) it is your own private reassurance that you have done the best you can to be responsible for your own health...
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 07:23 "can't see it being used as a vaccine 'certificate' though, far too easy to copy. "
But even so, it's proof of vaccination.
Proof to yourself maybe but anyone could forge a new one for themselves.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Marilyn wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 08:00 Have to hang around for five mins to make sure I don’t go face down with a reaction of course.
We don't have that bottle neck making wait with our flu jabs. In and out in short time. Five minutes, they can jab another ten folk in that time! Never been asked to wait for a potential reaction with the flu jab. I thought all you Aussies were ard. :surprised: :extrawink:
Ian
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

We are ‘ard. But it is a nod to due care. :good:
Hubby stands there twitching to get on, but I wait my 5 mins just in case! :laugh5:
( he couldn’t cope if I went down face first in the car park!)
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Stanley wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 04:11 I was given a card certifying I had received Covid 2 and told to keep it safe as I might be asked for it.
The card is just a reminder and to show which vaccine you had. I don't think it would get you into pubs! :extrawink:
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I am always aware of “due care” since the day I was working alone in a blood taking role ( within an obstetrician practice on a quiet Saturday morning when the Obstetrician was not on duty). I took a blood test off a newly pregnant Mum. She fainted in the chair, got her arms entangled in the chair as I guided her gently to the ground where she began fitting. ( panic!). Do I stay with the patient ( yes!) or run to the phone(?) or get help from the gardener outside the window who just happened to BE THE ACTUAL Obstetrician? ( I raced outside to the gardener ( aka the DOCTOR... Guess what? He did not want to know and refused to see the patient, waving me away in disgust).
I said “but she is in a bad way”.
“So deal with it or call an ambulance” he said, as he turned back to his hedge.
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

I had my 1st COVID-19 Vaccination yesterday.
It was a nice surprise that I could have it before December.
I thought I was being offered it ‘cause I’m special 😊. But no, it turned out its because I work with Health Care Workers. Haha.
I had the AZ vaccine- Consent Form 2 pages, Vaccine Record 2 sides. Everything recorded onto the computer to go thru to Govt. records etc and a sticker on my Personal Vaccine’s Record (purse size).
It all happened in a doctors office at the hospital I volunteer at. I was the only one being given the vaccine at the time.
2 staff brought in what looked like a special esky. Things (??) were checked, recorded and talked about, then another staff member came in and checked everything again while the nurse and I watched and waited. The nurse was given the vaccine and everything was whisked away very quickly. All very interesting.
No-one else was waiting when I came out, and I was given cheese, biscuits and water and told to sit for 15 minutes. The nurse checked on me every 3-4 minutes.
Maybe I am Special 🤔 😊.
Next jab in July.
I’ve just been a little bit slow today and my legs have felt a bit heavy now and then, but I have been able to get on with everything as normal.
The hardest part was pulling off the very strong sticky plaster the nurse put on the injection site.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Cheese and biscuits! ( yes...you must be special) you get less than that for donating a pint of blood!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

At blood donors we used to get a brew but since Covid you are encouraged to use your own drink which you are supposed to take for pre-hydration. Cold fruit juice is still available though if you want it. No shortage of biscuits or crisps for after your donation.

We don't get plasters after the Covid jab, the needles are so fine you are hardly likely to spring a leak. Alcohol wiped before and after the jab and Bobs your Uncle, (and he was in my case) :smile: :extrawink:
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

We are done! We have cards, we had them from the first dose and they were stamped today with info from the second. It was extremely well and efficiently organised.

Our appointments were 4.40 and 4.50 pm but we were actually walking back to the car at 4.48 pm, after our 15 minutes sit down

My only complaint is the NHS admin will keep spelling my name incorrectly. :laugh5: I don’t know how many times I have had it corrected, even took my birth certificate once to the Doctors. I am Susanne not Suzanne, not that it matters that much as it is the NHS number that really confirms who I am
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Surprised you are having to have the 15 minutes sit down Sue. They seem to have done away with it in Barlick.
I am still having no reaction. Susan is improving slowly but this long Covid is nasty!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Feeling fine 2 days after my 1st COVID-19 vaccination.
😊
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good Cathy. Isn't it strange how people's reactions differ. Both Susan and Mick had quite strong reactions to their first jab. They had both had the Covid infection though so that might make a difference.
Covid 2 seems not to have affected me at all. (So far!)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

That is good to hear, Cazza 👏
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

All good here after our second dose.My arm isn’t even particularly tender
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 03:29 Surprised you are having to have the 15 minutes sit down Sue. They seem to have done away with it in Barlick.
I am still having no reaction. Susan is improving slowly but this long Covid is nasty!
Yes I was surprised, its just all part of the one way flow system which works like a dream . There must have been over a hundred people at any one time , all queuing on seats in rotation inside. It was like a clockwork machinery
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Still no reaction to Covid 2 so I think we can say I have got away with it. :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

The current vaccine scare is blood clots in the brain. Johnson & Johnson have posed their roll out to investigate. With 5 / 6 cases in 60 million vaccines it looks like one of these chaos theorem probabilities. (if a butterfly flaps its wings etc). There are so many factors that go into making human life, ask yourself why everyone is different, then its not surprising that some minute change to DNA or proteins will give an adverse end result.
We should always be careful but not stupidly so.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Hmmmmmmm....ok.( not arguing...but “true colours” and all that)

Yes, we are all unique. So is this darn virus.
Last edited by Marilyn on 18 Apr 2021, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”