Coronavirus (Covid19) Corner

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19) Corner

Post by Big Kev »

All over-50s and those in high-risk groups in the UK have now been offered a first dose of a coronavirus vaccine, the government has announced.

It means ministers have met their target of offering a first dose to the top nine priority groups by 15 April.

The government said it was on track to offer a first dose to all adults by the end of July, with those in their late 40s expected to be next in England.

More than 32 million people in the UK have had their first dose.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Lets be honest here. The UK made a brave move with the one dose for all first system. We were cried down , called fools etc but the figures show it has worked provided we can get those second doses in. The WHO now approves the method, france are converting to it now. They need to they are in a huge mess with their numbers .

Macron has not handled things well. Infections were high in the cities because life more or less went on as normal. As numbers crept up he said there would be a lockdown but so much warning was given the people in the cities , who could, vacated to the countryside taking their infections with them. In the locality of our house we are shocked at how high the numbers now are despite border closures and curfews. The roll out of the vaccination has been poor with low uptake caused by poor accessibility to the vaccination centres for the disabled and in rural areas . The nation as a whole is well known for their poor uptake of vaccination as it is seen as government interference in their lives. So much so that a measles epidemic caused the government to make the vaccination mandatory.

We get weekly updates of formal figures for Brittany as well as Government updates. We are shocked and watch with a degree of wariness, having cancelled all imminent proposed ferries.
If you keep searching you will find it
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Big Kev wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 06:48 All over-50s and those in high-risk groups in the UK have now been offered a first dose of a coronavirus vaccine, the government has announced.

It means ministers have met their target of offering a first dose to the top nine priority groups by 15 April.

The government said it was on track to offer a first dose to all adults by the end of July, with those in their late 40s expected to be next in England.

And over 7 million their second dose according to figures I read yesterday
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 06:57
Big Kev wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 06:48 All over-50s and those in high-risk groups in the UK have now been offered a first dose of a coronavirus vaccine, the government has announced.

And over 7 million their second dose according to figures I read yesterday
7.6 million was the count on Saturday, looking at the progress I reckon it should be over 8 million by now
Jabs.JPG
The NHS are doing a great job.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Which is great! ( 🤔and I don’t think anything I said in my last post could have caused any vexation).
I agree...bouquets to your government ( brick bats to ours).

Have any of you seen the “Swiss Cheese” Theory to Covid?
Nobody is out of the woods yet, not even with vaccination.

I check all those charts every day...for France, Germany, Poland, Brazil etc. I am not as ignorant as some think.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I was not passing a judgement or referring to anyones comments just making a statement Maz.

As my grandma used to say ‘ it will all come out in the wash’ ie we will all get there eventually. We are helped by slowly coming out of winter and the UK particularly the north has a high incidence of bronchial and pulmonary disease which is always worse in the winter and has no doubt had an impact . As we can spend more time outside it will help...provided people stay sensible . Luckily I don’t like crowds, crowded shops or pubs. I do however like company so I hope the stupid ones don’t ruin it for the rest of us.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'm happy to be getting my second jab in less than an hour. It will not alter my activities at all. In effect I shall continue to isolate for a long time yet. All the jabs do is lessen the chance of an infection being serious enough to kill me but a dose of one of the variants could be serious. If any boosters are offered, I shall be there like a shot!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

( I think this is the fourth or fifth time I have read you are having your shot this morning, Stanley)🙄
No doubt we will get a blow by blow account on four or five topics once you have had the shot🤣
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Nowt wrong with being pleased to have a vaccination.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Big Kev wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 08:09 Nowt wrong with being pleased to have a vaccination.
True, waiting impatiently for mine
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Nowt wrong with just getting on with it quietly :biggrin2:
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

By the time I get my first dose, you will all be taking crowded family holidays in Brazil or Italy and yawning into your Tequilas to hear someone in Australia is rolling up their sleeve😆
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Straight in and straight out. Very slick operation. A steady flow of clients. Very Happy to have mine, less chance of dying young!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

We've done well with the vaccine roll out here in the UK but we could be going into another wave soon due to at least two factors conspiring: the appearance of more South African variant hotspots and the sudden dropping of our guard yesterday. Just have a look at the photos in this article and play the game of spot the mask. I know the partying people are outside but they're still packed together. I wouldn't want to be in those streets at the moment!

`Covid lockdown eases: England 'buzzing' after first night out in 97 days' LINK

`South African variant in Wandsworth and Lambeth surge test areas' LINK
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Like I said...too early to run the flag up the flagpole.... :extrawink:
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Marilyn wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 08:58 Like I said...too early to run the flag up the flagpole.... :extrawink:
Nobody was.

Fortuitously o e of the people in the hairdressers this morning works at the vaccination centre we go to . She says the Pfizer vaccine is due in on Thursday and Friday and she phoned up to pass on our names and phone number. Hope to hear soon .
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

It's not a competition. . . .
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Tripps wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:45 It's not a competition. . . .
No its not, but getting pretty close to 12 weeks and everyone who I know that was
Vaccinated after us has had their second. Rochdale centre has been inviting people to contact them after 10 weeks . I did that but still heard nothing, when others have. Anyway we now have an appointment
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 15:11 [Anyway we now have an appointment
That's good news, we were fortunate getting first and second dose appointments booked at the Burnley Vaccine Centre. May 22nd for both of us.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

May 8th for Sally and myself, same venue Kev.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Eight hours sleep and a bit achy is the interim report so far..... That matches Susan and Mick's experience with theirs.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I've just been listening to David Spiegelhalter being interviewed on Today. (This man should be in charge of how we react to Covid!) He was asked about the sense if any in relaxing restrictions sooner and he was in absolutely no doubt that it was these restrictions that had enabled the vaccine roll out to be so successful. Pity the group of MPs pushing for faster relaxation aren't as well informed as he is.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Prime minister out tonight saying less than 5% of us have “been vaccinated”. Palette knife out smoothing over any questions in the icing. No real answer if that means 5% have had the first jab only! 😞 this is neither clear or good enough. And it is getting tedious to listen to his CRAP.
( you know I am not good at hearing total rubbish) :geek:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Only reaction to Covid 2 is a slightly sore arm. Apart from that, no reaction so far. So far so good.
Susan had quite a reaction to her second but of course she had already had Covid.
One thing I forgot to mention. We hear discussions about introducing vaccination certificates. i think they are already here. I was given a card certifying I had received Covid 2 and told to keep it safe as I might be asked for it.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 04:11 Only reaction to Covid 2 is a slightly sore arm. Apart from that, no reaction so far. So far so good.
Susan had quite a reaction to her second but of course she had already had Covid.
One thing I forgot to mention. We hear discussions about introducing vaccination certificates. i think they are already here. I was given a card certifying I had received Covid 2 and told to keep it safe as I might be asked for it.
That's good news, your vaccine record will be stored online too. I was given a card, with the vaccine type and batch number, for the first one a d told to bring it with me when I have the second.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”