Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

Yoga this morning, helping at the hospice shop this afternoon and pilates at tea time. Kath will probably pop round this evening for a cuppa and a natter.
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

One or two admin matters and some time in the shed.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Walk this morning through Healey Dell up on to the moors and back through the prize winning renovated Prickshaw village. Its a beaitiful morning for it. Hairdressers this afternoon , then the annual asthma review clinic. Pilates this evening and another day over. Time flies by :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was buggered by that most time wasting of pursuits, looking for a document which should have been in my possession. Turned out it wasn't, someone else had borrowed it to do copies and not returned it. I tracked it down and believe me it won't happen again. It has to be copied at the surgery this morning and I shall not let it out of my sight! Losing important documents is against my religion.
I'm hoping for an hour in the shed but have to be at the surgery for a 10:30 blood test, should work out better this morning..... hopefully. Then a quick supermarket dash for milk, it's all go when you are looking after yourself!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Good luck with the tests Stanley. At the asthma clinic I was pleased to see my BP was back to a normal 120/80. Thus one thing ticked off my prediabetic list! There are a few issues with my asthma medication which need attention but all ok otherwise.

Art this morning, writing this afternoon...topic MAKING FRIENDS and I have written something. Lunch out in between and yoga this evening.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks Sue, see Medical Matters.
Always nice when someone confirms you are as well as you feel! That's what I am hoping for.....
Shopping and a bit of time in the shed on a very important matter.

My butcher's mincing machine is poorly! This is more important than steam engines.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Craft this morning,lunch out with friends and this evening we are off to see Cliff Richard at the Bridgewater Hall.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The mincer worm is proving to be complicated but I shall prevail! I'll be in there again with it this morning. It keeps me off the street corners!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Its recovery day today. We didn’t get to bed till after one and we are out at friends for a meal tonight. We went to see Cliff at the Bridgewater Hall last night. It was his best concert ever. It was being filmed for his new DVD and being shown all over the country at cinemas to about 80 000 . people. It was worth every penny we paid . I bought the tickets over a year ago and struggled to get any. It was sold out within 30 minutes of the booking office opening. They were fabulous seats in the middle of the back row of the circle. Acoustics were fantastic and the production so professional . I hope its not the last tour he makes but I have a feeling it might be. We may have been a rather elderly audience but we rocked like teenagers. I have never seen him get a standing ovation like this before he started. He had to stop singing his first song and restart when things quietened down a bit.

Claire and Erin are here this afternoon
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Glad you enjoyed it Sue, it wouldn't have floated my boat but there you are, different strokes!
I shall be back on steam engines after a foray into the food processing industry over the last two days. Barlick's mince supplies are safe again as I successfully repaired my butcher's 100 year old mincing machine.

Just like new after another engineer had given up on the job. The problem was that the replacement end shaft and drive square for the mincing plates that Stuart had been supplied with (£80!) was the wrong one and it took a while to identify that fact and rebore and tap it for the new one. Not made any easier by the fact that the shaft and square are hardened. But patience and improvisation worked. It's good for another 100 years now! Very satisfying to succeed when an expert has thrown in the towel!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

So your presence can be felt in Barnoldswick for the next 100 years Stanley. Well done.

It was another late night last night , being 1.00 am before we arrived back home from our friends who live up in the very wild hills above Todmorden. Today will be a quiet days sewing plus a visit to Dunelm mill to buy two single duvet sets for the single beds for when the grand daughters come in a weeks time. Tbey have spent the last few years sleeping under the same duvet covers as their Mum, or Aunty Claire, which they thought was great fun but I think new is on tbe cards now. There is nothing wrong with the bedding other than the designs though I still rather like snoopy and the I WAKE UP SMILING design.

If the rain hold off I may try to get the plants out of the front garden so I can plant the rose I bought last week but the forecast is not promising.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The Barlick forecast is for rain to bate after 14:00 Sue.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Not here Stanley its due to rain more this afternoon
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Back to my engine.......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

A bit of a treat for me today, I'm picking a friend up from Earby later this morning and we are off to the Rohan outdoor clothing shop in Long Preston where there is a sale on. I have my eye on some waterproof winter walking trousers which are in the sale at a price I can afford. Just. We will then have lunch at the Maypole across the road.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

A swim this morning, a bit if sewing then off to visit a friend this afternoon. Her son , aged 30 ish and lives at home with his parents has broken his fibula at the ankle and has had to have a plate put in. He dislocated his ankle too. Poor lad is in a mess. He is unable to get upstairs so the whole house is in disarray with a bed downstairs and commode in the utility room etc. He cannot put any weight on it for ten weeks.

If I have time I will make up the beds for the grandchildren, ready for next weeks visit as its a busy weeks as usual.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

...hanging the last of the bedroom wallpaper, it's quite a statement :-)

Shelves in the alcove and laminate floor tomorrow and that's me done bar hanging the mirror and replacing the rugs and fitting a new lamp above the mirror...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Ankles are nasty breaks Sue..... I wish him well.
Kev, "that's me done", until she who must be obeyed gets another 'little job' in her head!

Some hand work on this.......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Yoga, hospice shop and pilates today.

Adam is coming over this morning to help Bob remove plants from our very overgrown pond. Its going to be a marathon two man job and the success rate is difficult to determine. Its the last stage of the big garden clear up. Yesterday we managed to get most of the matted perennials out at the front and the new rose put in. Next week I will get the grandchildren to help me plant some heathers around it, that will match the ones on the other side of the garden. They will be much easier to prune back after our long summer trip to France. At the moment it takes a few weeks to cut all the perennials back as they are all fast growing large plants and it is getting to be hard work.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Last day in the shed for a day or two today, I'm going to be otherwise engaged Thursday and Friday and then we shall see.
Gardens are great Sue but at times seem to me to be a bit tyrannical.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I think I have shown who is boss in my garden Stanley. Its rebirth should last a bit now, I think. I now understand why my my father in laws garden was full of fuchsias and heathers.

Its a Jeremy Ford art workshop all day today and pikates this evening. I still haven’t done the beds for the grandchildren, I will have to do it tomorrow morning. This week is flying by.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I hope you have an interesting day in Stockport tomorrow Stanley.
We are settling a new kitten into the menagerie, she is a rescued kitty who had to have a back leg amputated as ìt had been badly broken early in her life. She is lovely, and hopefully will be OK with all our animals!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue.... and I have mint!
Wendy, it couldn't have landed in a safer haven.
Susan and Mick pick me up at 09:45 and we go to Stockport for the day. Jack is spending the day with the girls at Earby and will stay there tonight as we have an early start for Airedale tomorrow. He's quite happy with his bitches! Aren't daughters wonderful.......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

It looks like a beautiful day today. The washing is nearly finished and should be on the line to dry within the hour. Its the U3A general meeting this afternoon and yoga this evening, I shall make the beds up for the grand childrens visit this morning, I must do it, as we are busy tomorrow and go down to Coventry on saturday morning.

Oh yes I have mint too Stanley, lots of it in a patch of garden that is difficult to grow much in. I have a few other aromatics and herbs in the patch next to our backdoor. I had to replace the rosemary this year as the old one died.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue. My different varieties of mint have waged war over the years and only the strongest has survived, unfortunately it's the least 'minty'!
Yesterday was great and Susan and Mick say they enjoyed it as well which is nice. Full report later.... Today is busy with an early start as I am booked in at cystoscopy at 08:25, good thing because that means the most intrusive test will be over quickly as they have to give me time to fill my bladder again before the ultrasound scan. Very quiet without Jack but good because I can get my act together..... I'll be glad when I am back!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”