Today I shall be Mainly...

Marilyn
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Marilyn »

Wendy, I am in Staffordshire from about 1695 forward to 1830 or so. ( I have forgotten the exact location now...starts with King..??... Somethig-or-other...Couldn't tell you now without starting the computer up. My eyes glazed over after about 2 hours!

Trouble is Sue, hubby insists on washing up every night. It is his nod to housework. One eye on the sport on TV in the next room, and one eye on the washing up. Everything must be done in 5 mins. Hence the hot water tap at full speed. I dry, and am constantly handing back items for a second wash. I have to stand back a bit, so he has clear sight of the TV. I have ruined numerous moments, by reaching forward for my next item during a goal etc!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks Sue. I have just had another 3 hours good sleep. My body knows what's good for it! The good news is that I am recovering rapidly now..... There is hope for me yet!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

That as well Gloria
If you keep searching you will find it
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Just got in from art, phew my fabric has arrived, I can finish my cutting out and pack my sewing
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Sue wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 07:53 I have had another email today from a distant genealogical find. A Widdup this time wishing to visit the homeland and wanting places to visit. I have suggested St Mary the Ghyll, The Anchor Inn, the local History library at Colne. I have offered to meet up but it depends when the visit is. This family lived in Colne, I will need to check out the census addresses
Let me know if I can be of any help. Wednesday mornings are best in Colne Library because the volunteers are there to help. There is one librarian, Alison, who knows her stuff. St Bartholomew's in Colne is worth a visit if they are a Colne family.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Thanks Wendy, just waiting for a date. It is the mother I have been chatting to.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

First job is to give the cover of the cushion on the rocking chair a quick wash at 30C! He's just been sick on it.... Deep Joy! Why do we bother? { Had a thought and looked in the front room where he sleeps, sure enough, he'd hooked his tea up. Hairs syndrome, must vacuum! Nice start to the day before 3AM!!
Otherwise, taking it easy.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Just an odd random thought, Stanley, but there is no way Jack could have absorbed anything from your treatment is there...being that you are doing a lot of snuggling together and sleeping?
( don't be ridiculous Maz!)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No Maz, it's definitely hair, it shows up well in the vomit..... Good thought though.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have vacuumed! I am now knackered and resting before going to do a quick shop at the Cathedral of choice....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Poor Jack and you Stanley at that time of day/ night.

Wendy I have heard from My visitor. She is coming to the area as part of a longer visit from, I think, August 30 th to Sept 4 th. I need to recheck the email she sent as it is a little confusing. I have suggested we take her out and about seeing places on the Tuesday as we only get back from France on the Sunday. I will keep you i formed, as I do not know if she has transport or is relying on public transport. I think she is staying in the Youth Hostel in Howarth, which she says she arrives at by steam train, which she must be catching locally. I have asked her how she is travelling around.

Art this morning and a talk on writing pantomimes at writing this afternoon. The U3A wants us to write A panto for this Christmas, I think not ! Yoga this evening
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Panto.... don't blame you!
The good thing is Sue that I am back on form and so these little vicissitudes are easily surmounted! Standards are being maintained!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Do you remember my angst about the cat shit in the roughly filled pothole in the back Street?

Tuesday wasn't the best time for my mates to turn up but guess what? They came, cleaned the hole out and patched it with tarmac. At the same time they cleaned the gutters, replaced a broken slate and re-fastened my incoming BT line where it had escaped its clips. Very reasonable charge.... Now I wait to see what the cat's verdict is! In case your wondering, F&M Builders, 812707, good jobs at a very reasonable cost.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Banning a couple of new "members", just enough time before heading off to Bosom Friends Centre to do some decorating, (feature wall prep). :smile:
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Panto going ahead😳. I have opted to be the audience participation prompt and an ideas person but non writer for one scene. I think the time scale is ridiculous we only have 8 more meetings before the day, and we need to write, rehearse, and liaise with the choir for songs. I suggested we do it as a radio show which dispenses with costumes and scenery, and the audience can provide the sound effects as directed by the prompts. Oh yes they can!

It was suggested by a committee member that the craft group did costumes etc. I said that as a member of both groups ( and two more of us are ) that was a non starter, we have just finished the big celebration tapestry with all those fabric apples. She replied that that was finished now so we would have time. I said I had a life as well! It was ‘t raised again. That tapestry took us 15 months, I think the craft group deserves a rest.i think it was a gut response rather than one thought through.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The ones who make those suggestions are often the ones who don't have to actually do it.... Every now and then you have to put your foot down!
Slept two hours extra, it won't do me any harm, am not rushing to 'catch up', it's impossible, you can't outrun time!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Sue, sounds to me like they are taking advantage of the 'good nature' of the volunteers.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I was outvoted by one of our writers who is actually an amateur actor at Todmorden theatrical group. She was appointed director and a writer for her experience! I am happy to do my bit, we are a team, but there are limits. With the tapestry I ended up doing so much because one person was ill and I offered to do her share and because I sew! This time I explained I shall be away for at least 4 of the next meetings so could not be so active. I agree about the comment about being taken advantage of. The professional panto writer who came to give us the talk was brilliant but as I commented, he is already writing this years production. I suppose the idea stemmed from people, including me, objecting to doing a Christmas quiz year in year out at the Christmas meeting. This is instead of the quiz.

Hairdressers this morning, then taking photos of flowers with the art group at the local garden centre, home to start packing, then a tea time meal with friends at the pub in Todmorden before wine tasting this evening. We have to go to the latter even though we could do with the time to pack the car as Bob is the acting convenor of the group this month. A busy day through out. I shall do some washing this morning and a final load when we go to bed and put it in the dryer in the morning when we get up and have breakfast. It can be put away unironed till September but at least we will leave everything clean. Our cleaner Joanne will come over the summer and steam clean the bathroom tiles in both bathrooms as well as do a thorough clean in each room.

Glad you are feeling a bit more like your old self to day Stanley
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks Sue. Only one more treatment to go! Roll on!!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Today is a tough day for us, Dan's birthday he would have been 39 today but will be forever 32. I can't get the antics of his birth out of my head, always gets me. He was born to the sound of "The Floral Dance", played by Keighley Brass Band on the grass verge outside the delivery suit at Airedale. It was a Saturday and Airedale Hospital Fun Day, cross dressed staff and lots of jollity going on, the smell of candy floss, a happy memory that we always used to joke with him about. Seven years come November which is our next hurdle, where does time go?
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Feel for you Ian, I can’t even imagine what it is like, but the fond memories and the story of his birth must help the pain
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Thanks Sue, we had a walk down to his crematoria stone down at Gill Church today. Took a new plant for him with yellow flowers part of the colours of LFC. Sally will be picking Ruby up from Stratford at the end of this month ready for our bucket and spade holiday with the Silsden pair. Were off down to the Llyn peninsular in North Wales this year We have a farm cottage booked so should be fun.
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Dan would be the same age as our son whose birthday is next week on the 18th, though we didn't know him till he was 3! :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Mostly avoiding any type of sport if possible. I find the endless commentary and analysis boring. I don't mind watching bits of it and making up my own mind....
Otherwise surviving and making sure I drink plenty of water and get lots of sleep!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Great day with the family. Brunch in the morning then on down to the ferry.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”