Today I shall be Mainly...

Marilyn
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Marilyn »

I have worn my wee self out today, cleaning. (And yes, I did the stairs too, Stanley. Now that is a job that gets harder with age!)
The birds are annoying me again, pecking away in the borders and making an awful mess, so I have had to sweep as well.
Must take it easy this afternoon I think, or I shall pay for the madness.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Getting my act together for tomorrow's full pedicure and foot maintenance session with my grand daughter Laura. Her favourite Youtube channel is a lady who does pedicures. No point having a qualified paramedic on tap and not taking advantage!
The shed is calling, a bit of a potter I think.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Very nice Stanley. We changed pur plans yesterday as the day was so beautiful. We went to a local beautiful village i stead of the museum. Rochefort en Terre was voted the most beautiful French village, by the French in 2016.

Todays plans depends on one of our group who was feeling a little poorly last night. We had planned a mornings shopping for gifts and such, followed by lunch at a creperie and the afternoon back here. We were planning on pizza for a late tea, cooked in the pizza oven. Tomorrow is their last day and it is supposed to 27 degrees.
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I hope your poorly one improves, that sounds like a good plan for the day.
I am cooking sausage at the moment. The top oven and grill on the new cooker is very efficient, much faster than the old one and I'm sure it uses less leccy.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Shortly picking our Jack and his girlfriend Jemma up and taking them to Leeds Bradford Airport for their holiday flight. Picking them up from Silsden as Jack is parking up there as the return flight is a stupid o'clock one at about 1.30am. Carla has volunteered for that one as she is a lot nearer. Just checked on the airport website and it cost's £3.00 just to drop off! ANPR on the entrance lane and charged on exit, how to make money eh!

Will be packing for our camping trip this afternoon so we can get a good start tomorrow.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The forecast for the weekend is looking better Ian.
Today's pedicure postponed until tomorrow, Laura must have had a better offer!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Darn. It means you will have to wash your feet two days in a row!
The last of the packing is done. Just the fridge stuff to pack tomorrow. I've turned the fridge/freezer on in the van. I always put a container of water in the freezer overnight to check everything is working. I've checked that since and it is well on the way to being solidly frozen.
Hubby has packed his things too. ( it's good he is more organised this time).
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 06:01 I hope your poorly one improves, that sounds like a good plan for the day.
I am cooking sausage at the moment. The top oven and grill on the new cooker is very efficient, much faster than the old one and I'm sure it uses less leccy.
Luckily Bill was fine, so our original plans went ahead. Fabulous day, and lovely evening in the garden eating pizza. That is apart from the swarms of flies everywhere. The farmer had been spraying the field behind our house with a smelly natural product :laugh5: , attracting flies from miles around. Today is another chilling out day, with our English friends coming for a meal this evening

As I am writing the sky is turning violet with the sunrise, so I leant out of the window to take a photo. Its a bit smelly out there!
12984FA8-CBB3-4F9F-B4A4-041FFD8E6000.jpeg
I think I am the only one awake in the house
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Looks like a better day in prospect for you than us Sue. We can look forward to a band of heavy rain coming in late morning. (But we have no flies.)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 05:24 Looks like a better day in prospect for you than us Sue. We can look forward to a band of heavy rain coming in late morning. (But we have no flies.)
The next 10 days are getting progressively warmer hitting 32 at the weekend, and continuing until the following Friday when the temperature will crash and it will rain . A nice way to finish our stay, we are on the ferry next Thursday.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We have a good outlook for the weekend as well Sue. The Jet Stream is moving back to it's normal summer course. Could be better weather next week here when you return.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Being ready with soaked feet when my personal foot doctor turns up later this morning. I have enough Epsom Salts I think!

Dirt cheap and free delivery. Problem is I didn't appreciate it was 5KG. Never mind, I shan't be running out of it!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

It was a perfect day yesterday, lovely and sunny but not excessive. Saturday and Sunday could be too warm. Our friends leave in an hour then its wash and clean. At least it will dry quickly
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The weather is looking hopeful here. Could be nice for your return!
Cooking pork loin steaks.... Someone has to do it and Jack is hopeless at cooking.
The new oven is remarkably quick to get up to temperature and seems to be well insulated. A big improvement!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Later... I have had my sleep and now I've got my act together and I am ready to give my feet a good soak in a mixture of Epsom Salts and Radox. That should do the trick.
It has reminded me of something I have to report to Sue. I am sorry to tell you that the U3A foot spa has bitten the dust. The electrics stopped working and I have replaced it with an Addis washing up bowl big enough for my feet which is big enough for the job and easier to keep clean. I am sorry to say goodbye to the spa but it makes sense.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 10:29 Later... I have had my sleep and now I've got my act together and I am ready to give my feet a good soak in a mixture of Epsom Salts and Radox. That should do the trick.
It has reminded me of something I have to report to Sue. I am sorry to tell you that the U3A foot spa has bitten the dust. The electrics stopped working and I have replaced it with an Addis washing up bowl big enough for my feet which is big enough for the job and easier to keep clean. I am sorry to say goodbye to the spa but it makes sense.
It lasted well Stanley, must be nearly 10 years. Its quiet here! The cleaning is done, washing well underway and most of it dry. I need to clean the fridge as the shelves haven’t seen daylight for over a week. We are on eating leftovers for a couple of days. Laetitia our neighbour has invited us to lunch on Saturday,
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I have cheered myself up on yet another wet day by clearing out my overcrowded airing cupboard and taking 2 bin bags full of unnecessary towels and bedding to the charity shop in Colne. I've also waxed my leather walking boots....... what can I do next?
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Beautiful hereWendy, 28 degrees.i also, however, have had a clear out of surplus bedding and towels. They will go to Emmaus , charity collection on Saturday. Just having a beer, before I finish the ironing. Only one lot of towels still to wash. I have washed loads of end of summer stuff so Wednesday cleaning and packing should not be too arduous. Found some salmon in the freezer for tea, a nice light meal after a heavy eating week :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"what can I do next?" Give Col a pedicure? Knowing you Wendy you'll soon think of something...
I have a full washing machine, Laura uses a lot of towels!
Today, not going to butcher's, they are on holiday.
No steak puddings for a week David!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

We are going out for the day to La Roche Bernard. We went once 14 years ago and weren’t impressed but lots pf people say it is nice so we are trying again. Its at the mouth of the river Villaine going out to the sea. Its forecast about 30 degrees here today, so should be a bit cooler there.

Otherwise its seems quiet round here. We have a few jobs to do before we pack up on Wednesday. Having dug, and eaten, all our potatoes I want to cover the patch with a groundsheet to stop weeds. I need to weed my rockery and cut back the lavender now that it has gone over, and I need to trim the hedges adjacent to next door. Finally I shall pick all my unripe tomatoes, which is nearly all of them and take them home to ripen. We have had a bumper crop of runner beans and our cucumbers still keep coming. I will ask Laetitia to pick them and use them . Our lovely friend Roland moves on Friday and although local it is too far for him to come and look after the house so we will give the key to Laetitia and Yves. He is moving into the next village where everything is walking distance and he no longer needs to drive. He is 89.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Roland sounds like a sensible man. I agree with that strategy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Stanley wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 02:43 ng to butcher's, they are on holiday.
No steak puddings for a week David!
Is that common - closing a shop - or just in Barlick - sounds like wakes week?

You'll need counselling for the steak pud withdrawal. Speak to your daughter - she'll sort it. :smile:

Actually the reminds me I still have some in the freezer. That's tea sorted.
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Or you could just try the other Browns butchers, Nathan's on Newtown or go for Miles Hutchinson the pie man's steak puddings they are also excellent. All of Nathan's meat is locally sourced as well.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

'er indoors had one of Miles' steak puddings for her tea. She said it was excellent and packed with lumps of steak.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Indeed they are Kev, same as his excellent pies. :biggrin2:
Ian

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”