Today I shall be Mainly...

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Stanley »

My fight with the engine goes on. The Design Committee has come up with what looks like a viable solution. I shall be testing it out later this morning.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Wishing Ian a very Happy Birthday!! :drummer: :happybd: :mexwave:
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Thanks Wendy.
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Nice photo on the Barlick facebook page Ian
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Many of them Ian! (But no more mods to your head!)
A bit of shed and then doc's at 09:20.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Happy Birthday Ian
Have a lovely one. :cake:
And sending you some sunshine :sunny: :smile:
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's not arrived yet Cathy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Its a wild morning!

Its the last art class of the year followed by a light lunch with the group in a local cafe. Its a drawing session this morning which I rather like. This afternoon I shall carry on with my sewing. Yoga this evening, and the last of my weeks physical activities. Yesterday we decided to walk until it started raining, which it didn’t do until lunchtime so we managed over 5 miles in the local hills and pathways, once more finishing by walking along the old railway track, now bridle way, at Healey Dell. Its a good way to finish a walk as its a long straight path back home after all the uphills. According to my app MAP MY HIKE we are now maintaining 3 miles an hour even on the uphills and we don’t stop for the time we are out.

Good luck at the Doctors Stanley.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks Sue, I have had my hour in the shed and failed again with Newton's cylinder so that's it. See Shed Matters for the full story. Ready for a quick walk with Jack and then off to see Hassan..... I shall report later!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I concur with Stanley about the sunshine Cathy, don't need these just yet. :cool4: :extrawink: :smile:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

There will be a bit about today between the showers Ian but I suspect they will be fleeting, the clouds are very fast moving.
I shall be doing the shopping as usual and perhaps writing another article for the BET. This will get me well into January so I will have time over the next month to do some plotting about where to go in the shed! I have some big lumps of non-ferocious stock that would cost a fortune at today's prices and hidden in them somewhere is a little gem. All I have to do is let it out.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Art this morning and a session of oil painting this after noon at a friends art studio. Then this evening a meal with friends
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Writing and reading I think.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Son and I have been learning the "flossing" dance today. He isn't too bad at it ( but cracks me up to watch him) and I am way behind his efforts....but throughout the day we have both improved ( I think). It is hilarious. You should try it! You can YouTube it. ( not us personally of course). It is a good workout.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Sounds good Maz. Making pumpkin soup for lunch. Claire and Erin are here this afternoon
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Just looked Maz, it looks like one of my fast yoga sessions :laugh5:
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I bet Erin can do it.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I saw a video of an older lady doing it and was thoroughly confused.... I thought it was a tooth cleaning technique....
Wrote two more articles yesterday. Am stocked up now until the beginning of February 2019. This should help cover all eventualities!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Marilyn wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 11:11 I bet Erin can do it.
I shall ask her next week when I see her
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Our house guests left this morning. House is now clean, washing done, stove cleaned, and we are dog hair free...but I am pooped. Might have a little rest on the bed.
Gosh it has been hectic few days!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have left the shed alone for a few days but I think a bit of light pottering and cleaning up is indicated.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Its so dark these mornings! We shall go for a swim after breakfast, we should manage it before the 10.00 am aquafit class goes in the pool. I got bored with that so left sometime ago, opting for a 30 length swim instead. This afternoon is french at the U3A. In between the two I will tackle my last sewing challenge before my lesson with Maxine in 10 days .

I have had notification that my new car has been completed and is on its way to the distribution centre.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

:confused: I have no idea of when you fit housework in some days, Sue. After 4 days of having house guests, I was on the end of the vac, mop, toilet brush and duster today, whilst operating the washing machine. Only had enough energy left to cook dinner tonight. I watered some plants, did another veg shop....I am exhausted. I looked at hubby with narrowed eyes and declared the washing can stay on the line overnight....cos I am too tired to bother bringing it in and folding it. It will be my first job tomorrow. I am having an early night. ( mind you...the dog has had me up by 05.30am for the last 3 mornings and I get up to give her breakfast so it meant a sleep in for son and girlfriend. Dog and I enjoy time together before others surface...precious time to me as dog is getting old now.)
It is nice to sit about outside at dawn with a lovely old dog...me with my coffee and her with her arthritic old hips...
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Maz, its all organised! Bob cooks when we are in England I cook in France and if we do self catering holidays here , we do it together. We have a cleaner for weekly heavy cleaning because it hurts my back and Bobs back, moving furniture and a lot of bending down( thats why I do so much pilates and yoga as recommended by the surgeon after my disc operation and it has certainly improved over time) .

I do wash all the floors with a steam cleaner on Saturday or Sunday after the cleaner has been whilst Bob cleans the kitchen which is not on our cleaners list . I clean and tidy my sewing room either every thursday evening or friday morning before I go to art, so our cleaner can vacuum in there. I clean and tidy the bathroom as needed each morning before I have my shower . As I have my ironing board up nearly all the time for my sewing I iron regularly throughout the week as I do the washing.

We order our basic shopping online for delivery on Sunday morning and either Bob or I shop for fresh produce on Saturday before we see Erin and Claire, although sometimes we go to the shops with them for an outing. Bob usually buys the meat on Friday morning whilst I am at art, I do fruit and veg when I go to the shops on Saturdays. On Sunday I sew and make a big batch of soup for lunches during the week as Bob is out all day with his model engineers group.

Today we were back from swimming by 9.50 am and not out until 1.30 pm so lots of time to do washing and potter on my sewing projects. Bob has been bottling home made rhubarb gin. We shall be home by 4.30 pm with no more plans for the day. Sadly my monday evening art class is not running at the moment as the teacher died in October.

We always sit down for at least an hour over lunchtime and have a good sit down when we have drinks through out the day. Most evenings we chill out and relax. Life is not always zooming around. However I admit to a low boredom threshold and prefer to be busy

I bet you feel exhausted reading that too. :laugh5:
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I certainly do!
Hubby and I do a weekly shop together and don't go near the shops again. I do all the cooking and cleaning,washing (but he is still working). We do evening dishes together.
I make the bed every morning while he is in the shower, then I have a bath every morning and clean the bathroom afterwards. We are always up, dressed and tidy by 7.30am. He starts work at 7.45am on his computer upstairs in the study.
He does the ironing on Thursdays (he loves ironing), and he does that while watching Sci-fi.
We walk together every day for 40 mins and get a second walk in some evenings after dinner.
He mows the lawns and trims the edges. I weed, prune and plant.
He does the bulk of cleaning windows, but I help where I can and do all the sills. He cleans the outside of the car and I do the inside.
I put the bins out and bring them in.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”