Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

Hmm I seem to have put today in Medical matters sorry. Just got back from friends, its 12.42 a.m here, and I am not really sleepy. Tbe sky is full of stars and a large orange moon. No light pollution here, it looks a beautiful evening after a day of rain.
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We had a clear night as well Sue last night.
Today I will aim for an hour in the shed before going to see the Doc at 08:50 to find out whether my kidneys are failing! Actually, I think he just wants to see me for the second time in five years......
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Hope all went well Stanley. We are sat at the port in StMalo, its a beautiful evening, crystal blue sky. Should be a calm crossing
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley wrote: 03 May 2018, 02:33 Today I will aim for an hour in the shed before going to see the Doc at 08:50 to find out whether my kidneys are failing! Actually, I think he just wants to see me for the second time in five years......
Hassan has only been at the practice for 3 years Stanley, so your visits are more frequent than you think. :smile: :extrawink:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Right, once in three years.....
Friday is shopping day so I'm not sure yet....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Beautiful crossing, beautiful morning, just arriving in Portsmouth the sea is like millpond. We shared a breakfast table with a french couple visiting for the first time, a long weekend in London. I warned them it was a holiday weekend and would be very busy. We had quite a chat. We knew the town they live in and have visited often.

Its going to be a long slow drive home, calling at Julias in Coventry to drop off some french goodies. The last twice it has taken us till 6.30 pm from 7.30 in the morning. Today the boat doesn’t arrive till 8.30.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Have a safe journey. You're bringing better weather back with you.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You all know where I'll be..... So predictable!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Promotìng the Earby history society and hoping to sell some of it's books on a stall at the Community Centre Spring Fair and hoping to have time to get out in the garden when I get back.
The ponies spent their first night outside, and I can see from the window that they are still there this morning!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

It was a long drive ho e but pleasant as we cut across country through Derbyshire to avoid the crowded motorways. It was quiet until we hit Greater Manchester at 4.00 pm. It then took us 90 minutes to get to Rochdale.

No real plans today, just going to enjoy the day. Claire and Erin will come tomorrow as Adam is working.
StoneRoad
Regular User

Post by StoneRoad »

Working in the garden today (and most of the weekend !)

But having a side trip to another garden centre this morning for additional bedding plants, speciality potting / seed compost and a bulk supply of normal stuff - probably with a cup of coffee - and some inspiration.

Hopefully, some nice sun to sit/lie in as well.
Saluton. Mi estas fervojistino, kaj vi?

visit http://www.ipernity.com/doc/312383/album

to see what has been done! Perhaps we can do something for you?
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's another good day but I will be hiding in the shed.

We need some wheels now........
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

This is beautiful Stanley, it looks very tactile. Whenever I go to engineers exhibitions with Bob I am always amazed at the beautiful models created from metal. I just want to touch them!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks Sue, I think so as well. The first thing my Susan said when she picked the barrel up was how nice it felt in her hand. It's freehand as well, the sizes changed as I watched it developing.

It's growing wheels now........
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The 16th scale model of the 68lb Carronade is finished and sat on the sideboard. the shed and machines are clean. Today I shall be plunging into BET articles again, the stock-pile is exhausted!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

That is lovely Stanley, it didn’t seem to take you long. Very impressive.

Yesterday I transplanted all my seedlings into pots so I can sink them into the garden when we go to Vancouver. Alaska and Washington in a couple of weeks. I have been exposing them to outdoors on a daily basis so hopefully they will survive whilst we are away. They are the last few remaing veggie plants for France.

Bob was working on tbe greenhouse base until he was in full sun. When it got warm I went in and did some sewing making a nice cool summer top, hopefully for the summer we may have in France this year.

Today is back to the normal routine of yoga, hospice shop, pilates and a friend round for coffee this evening. Bob should be ready to assemble tbe greenhouse. Later this week the new garden shed is being fitted so we can at last get the patio cleared of the contents of both . Then we will be able to reach the BBQ, but I feel tbe rain may have returned by then :laugh5: :laugh5: Later this week we shall also be having our roof repair done. Busy times!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

" Busy times!" So what's new?
Glad you like the Carronade, everyone seems to be with you, I think the kids all want one apiece! When you're working freehand it's a bit of a lottery but my instincts seem to have been right. It finished up exactly how it was in my head. Very satisfying......
But then I'll bet you know that feeling when you finish one of your jobs in the sewing room, same thing, different materials and tools. Making things with your hands is so therapeutic!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

The shed arrived yesterday and was fitted before it rained, the greenhouse frame is half assembled. Rain stopped play as they same.

The suitcases came out of the loft with my summer clothes in...mainly T shirts and cotton trousers ready for the big pack. Vancouver is forecast mid 20s, Alaska about 12-15 degrees with trips to snowy areas at 5degrees. Washington is at 30 degrees. Its going to be an inventive pack! I shall do a bit of sorting this afternoon. I am opting for my winter walking gear for the trips out otherwise T shirts and light weight fleeces with jeans or cotton trousers for the other days. I have my evening cullotes and chinese brocade jacket ready for evening attire with a couple of dresses suitable for day wear top. Shoes for me will be tbe problem. Bob says how can they be I have so many to chose from! Really, what does a man know :laugh5: . Walking shoes, sandals, casual every day shoes, evening shoes.......then theres the coats. So ething light, something warm, something waterproof.

Decisions decisions.

Pedicure this morning, pilates this evening. I have body aches this morning after my exercise sessions yesterday. Despite heavy gardening in France yesterdays the sessions found the muscles that have had a couple of weeks holiday.

Hope the medication is still behaving itself Stanley
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's fine thanks Sue. Not noticed any side effects at all and my daily BP readings are superb, all in the 120/80 bracket give or take an odd point or two. I'm also feeling the benefit of submitting to Wendy and Maz again, I was getting careless about carbs! (I know my place!)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Not sure yet, Friday is always a busy day. What is certain is that I shall be firing another letter off to the BG Complaints team. It's 9 days since I wrote my last letter to them!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Its craft this morning, and on the way home I shall buy a climbing rise for the side of the newly erected shed. The greenhouse is up but the rubber strips to support the glass is taking Bob some time to attach. The packing list is completed, well mine is anyway and the cases on the spare bed ready for assembly after this weeks washing and ironing spree. Bob has been asked to put shirts out for ironing well before the packing deadline. He is inclined not to think of these things till the night before :laugh5:

The roofer did not start the job, so it looks like repair will take place next week or whilst we are away. We have been told access to the house is not needed.

My plants are growing well and seem to have benefitted from daily ventures outside. Later this week I shall dig the pots in to the garden where they will remain until our next trip France

We are off to Doncaster in the morning for a model engineering exhibition, wine tasting group this evening after a meal out with our friends.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Any time for a sit down and a cup of tea?
I am off into the shed. The letter to BG has been fired off!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Absolutely, craft was all sit down and natter whilst I did some hand sewing, then an extended lunch when I got home, We are having a brew now before we meet our friends for a meal and a social U3A wine tasting evening. Its not all hard physical activity Stanley. Fridays are generally very relaxed. I must ad it I have managed to out so e stuff into the new shed so the conservatory and patio no longer look like a store room
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

What happens when the shed gets full? I have that problem!

I'm pushing the limits, that's a lot of weight to hang out that far without support. An experiment really......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

When we emptied the old shed and greenhouse three quarters of the contents went to tbe tip! I am now left with the essentals only. Gas bottles for the BBQ , garden chairs, gardening equipment, plant pots and seed trays. Bob has fitted shelves and a rack to hang the gardening tools. I may put Erins out door toys in but if i leave them in the conservatory she can fetch them herself and play with them in the conservatory if she wants ie dolls pram, childrens shop and her little garden chair. The greenhouse will just have plants and potting composts, no more spare empty plant pots . The large spare pots stack up nicely behind the new shed, the pots with dying back daffodils will also go behind there when they have died back. All so much tidier. A job well done

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”