Today I shall be Mainly...

chinatyke
Donor

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by chinatyke »

Belated birthday greetings, Kev. Hope you had a great day.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Christine, the lady who has a studio and cleans the toilets. I've alerted her to Oneguy and she's been looking at images. She was going crazy about the old one of Elslack with the disappearing man on the doorstep of the cottage.....
Keeping a close eye on Jack, he's not a happy bunny. I doubt if we will do our full walk today.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Met my cousin for lunch and had a walk roundthe sewing centre. It was rather disappointing, mainly quilting orientated and I don’t do that. The machines on demo were all embroiderymachines, tbe price and space they needed were way out of my league, not that I want one. My present machine has an embroidery attachment which I don’t use very often.

Today i shall potter in the garden, a bit o& cooking and a bit of sewing. Bob will be back from the exhibition late as they have to pack all the tables away and take the signage down. We will eat latewhen he gets back.
If you keep searching you will find it
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I was convinced you would be seduced by a lovely new machine, Sue. ( I only bought mine because it was 50% off).
We had some bike covers delivered for our electric bikes. The trouble is, they need to be adjusted to fit the rear bike rack of our van. It wasn't easy being out there with my walking stick today ( on the slope of our front lawn) trying to choose a solution. I'm not good on slopes at present and soon wanted to hobble away inside the house. But we came up with a plan, and as soon as I can use my machine, I shall "operate" on the bike covers. Had to have a lay down after all that. It was agony...
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

These were huge Marilyn. More cottage industry stuff. The other nachines weren’t as good as my present one,

Its a Beautiful beautiful day. We were upearly as Bob had to get to Oldham by 9 .00 am for the model engineering exhibition. I have had a bath, done some washing, , washed down the window and door frames at the front outside of the bungalow, steam cleaned the wood and tiled floors and am now washing the shower curtain and voile curtains from the front hall. Oh yes, used mould killer on the vertical blinds in the front porch and oiled the window cills. Just waiting for Tesco then I shall make hot cross buns, do the ironing and put a casserole on for tea. And its only just past 10.00 am . Then perhaps that bit of sewing.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Cup of tea time I think, and a sit in the conservatory with it to enjoy the day
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Considering a move to a smaller house. Looked at a bungalow on Friday afternoon,which is just the other side of the street from me but there's a little too much work to do on it. If it was £30k less I'd have gone for it :-)

Probably should have done this earlier, I've got an estate agent coming round to put a value on Chez Big Kev...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Kev, don't let the price put you off the bungalow. If you really would like to have it go and talk to the agent, tell them you love it but it needs 30K spending on work. The agents price houses on what they'd fetch if in perfect up to date condition and assume buyers will make offers. :smile:
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

It's already been reduced by £25k (on the market since August) so I'll give it a bit longer before I put a cheeky offer in. It's being sold as part of someone's estate so there may come a time when they're getting desperate :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

It it is what you want then put your offer in NOW! Someone else may have the same idea and you'll be disappointed when you miss the opportunity. Let the administrators of the estate make their decision based on your offer.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sounds like good advice to me Kev.....
I shall be looking after myself and more importantly Jack. He's having a rough time but thank god, showing signs of recovery.
Getting in Airedale mode for tomorrow.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

I'll see what value they put on mine before I make a decision, I may be able to buy something that doesn't need as much work doing to it :-)
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

:good:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Last one tomorrow Stanley? Been for a swim and now off to buy some plant food for my pot plants and some compost for my seed trays. I can set them up in the greenhouse befor we ho to France and the compost should be nice and warm to start planting when we get back.

Art this evening.

Just had an email that I am about to lose yet another art teacher, he is moving to Cumbria next week. He has become a good friend so I hope to call in and see him on our trips to the Lakes
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yes Sue, then a rest for at least three weeks before they have a look to see what the state of the wicket is.
I can then concentrate on nursing Jack! It's all go.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Taking the train to Preston and visiting the Record Office for a furtle in the Archives.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Wendyf wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 07:01 Taking the train to Preston and visiting the Record Office for a furtle in the Archives.
I love it there , not been for ages. You can find all sorts of interesting things
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Margaret from the History Society and I are getting down to doing some more research on the corn mill site. We have a long list of items to look at!
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Eating lunch at the seaside, an absolutely glorious day in Lytham then a walk in shirtsleeves on the prom, lovely. It's nice and flat too, my knee doesn't work going up or down hill at the moment so an easy walk was a good supplement to this morning's physio session :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be taking it easier.... what with Jack and an aggressive reaction to yesterday's BCG I am a bit delicate but improving on all fronts!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Oh dear, take care Stanley
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nothing to worry about Sue, it will pass and yes, I shall be off to bed early this morning...... {I have a day off today.... No social engagements!}
By the way, now Jack's wound is cleaning up I have washed the sheepskin from the rocking chair where he sleeps so much. Must get all these bugs into a corner!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Usual routines and walks. I take Jack to see Gillian at 10:10, I think she may be giving us a gold star.
Susan and Mick visit after my sleep this afternoon. I may get her to ferry me to the butcher's shop, not because we can't manage the walk but simply to take a bit of weight off me. I need to concentrate on getting back to normal during my 'holiday'.
I'm taking special care with my bleaching of the sink and other items. What with my treatment and Jack's wound we have a lot of bugs floating about!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

What happened to Jack?

Today is art, my last session with Mike before he moves. A light lunch with friends followed by creative writing and later, yoga.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Have a look at Pet's Corner Sue. He got attacked on Saturday morning and has a deep wound in his back just behind his neck which I am treating.
I've just mopped the kitchen floor with hot disinfectant to get rid of more bugs... You'll laugh when I tell you that I decided to use 'Black Fluid' which is the equivalent of 'Jeye's Fluid' the old stand by disinfectant for stables and drains. I could have used bleach or Dettol but chose the Black Fluid because I like the smell. Purely psychological.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”