Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

Morning

Still torrential rain, there is a flood warning for Rochdale town centre, lets hope the river behaves itself and does not flood the town like it did about 4 years ago. Another day of indoor activities. The jigsaw is progressing well 😆 and when I wasn't doing that yesterday I was completing my second assessment for my Celts course. The backing paper arrived for my whale appliqué so I think that will be todays main task. I think thats it. What can I say, wet wet wet. 0ne surprise is that our friends Jean and Bob have got their calling for the vaccine. Jean is younger than me, Bob is just a couple of years older than us. They live the other end of Greater Manchester.

Have a good day, safe, stay dry. Its not hard to abide by lockdown in this weather!
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"Its not hard to abide by lockdown in this weather!"
I'll agree with that Sue! I have had no problem staying in the house instead of getting my usual exercise. It isn't even properly light yet.
I have had a good two hours in the shed and am almost back to where I was five days ago but with more accurately made and fitted parts.

Here I am at knocking off time, looking like an engine again.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Yes its looking good Stanley as is the base
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks Love.... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

As usual I have Margaret's engine to play with. Plenty to be done there and hopefully less drastic!
Apart from that I shall be listening to 'In Our Time' at 9am and avoiding getting wet or cold!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Donating an armful at Burnley Football Club.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Accolades to you Big Kev. Hubby did it as long as he able to and got a badge ( blood thinners make it impossible these days).
I have always been slightly Anaemic, due to a mostly veg diet...
I have been the needy recipient of blood, packed cells and platelets in the past, and I am very grateful for those that made the donation.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

More rain and possibly snow due today. I think a lot of areas are dreading it. I haven’t seen any photos of Rochdale town centre but it is very likely the river will overflow. Yesterday was a day of jigsaw ( now half done) and sewing. My whale applique is finished but I find I now have no backing fabric suitable so had to order something.I have another week to wait for delivery.

This morning I have pilates at 10.00am. I have absolutely nothing planned for the day so may have a bit of a play with brusho dyes, my new art medium. I shall follow some of the ideas in the book Julia gave me for my birthday and see if I can come up with something creative before my zoom U3A art meeting tomorrow. So that and some jigsaw will keep me busy today

Have a good day, stay safe, stay dry
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We have some clear sky in Barlick Sue and a feeling that despite the forecast, it could be a drier day. I've had one short walk and hopefully will get another one later. The flood danger in the Beal and down in the centre could get worse as the water works its way down from the hills.
I've had an hour and a half in the shed and have cured some errors and found others but they are all adjustments and not egregious mistakes. I shall be into the changes tomorrow.

Not as bad as it looks! :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

A walk later. Not much else planned, as it will be a warm day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

I did 6103 steps to my local shops , around the shops and back. That’s enough for me.
I’ll be on my bed reading this ‘arvo. :smile:
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I did well yesterday and got two dry short walks in! Today is Margaret's engine as usual and a knock-off at 07:00 to do my weekly Co-op shop while there is nobody about. I shall play the rest by ear as it happens!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Intermittent rain, snow and sun yesterday but mainly rain. The jigsaw progressed well and I spent nearly 3 hours yesterday playing with my new paints. They are a lot harder to use than I thought and it will take some time to develop any skill in it. Today I will have an opportunity to discuss with my fellow u3a artists on zoom.

Its dance exercise this morning with a rapid turn around of a shower afterwards before art. Its usually a two hour session. Its quite chilly in my art cum sewing room when sitting still so I shall borrow the electric fire from the conservatory I think. According to last nights forecast it could be a cold bright afternoon so we may get a walk in after a late lunch. Otherwise, not sure, per haps a little work on the next chapter of the Celts course

Have a good day all
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I think you may get your afternoon walk Sue. I shall certainly be looking for one but shorter than yours!

Yet again the crankshaft has to be stripped. Patience is a virtue and I am using all mine! Quietly forward surmounting the obstacles as we go. God.... I sound like a politician!
I'm having my breakfast and the weekly shopping is done so we have progress!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Our skies at 7pm tonight...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Our sky at 8.15pm.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Early grocery shop and an early walk, as it will be a warm day. Quiet pursuits indoors required this afternoon.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

A spell in the shed chasing Margaret's engine. A bit of fresh air. No cooking or shopping and keeping warm while having a good read.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

A foggy cold day with snow forecast mid morning. The snow overnight never happened. After lunch yesterday we managed a walk. The skies were blue but it was bitterly cold. According to my app we only did just over 3 miles, yet I am sure I have logged that same walk nearer 4 before. The paths were muddy and in one place a small lodge had overflowed and our path was a stream, luckily there was another route across the same bit of moorland. The waterfalls were magnificent. It was a walk well worth having.

Today is Bacup market so being a little late this morning we must get up and out. We have no plans for today, take it as it comes, but I think a jigsaw may feature as we have nearly finished it 😆
451D49E3-C83C-42B3-9E07-17C06105EAFA.jpeg
D73A8417-4AE5-434A-A6C2-68C435058A88.jpeg
2C0E1C0F-13C6-4CCC-B09E-EFD2BAEAC3CC.jpeg
AB612DF1-D1ED-4ACE-B7C5-B69BEA01131C.jpeg
FB4A21A1-46F5-4E13-8534-711023456F8F.jpeg
Have a good day, stay warm
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I hope you have a good day Sue! As good as the one I have had so far. My problems melted away and I have had a very successful morning in the shed.

Here I am at closing time. All problems solved and ready for final assembly and valve setting.
A nice morning..... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Its a nice bright morning with a beautiful sunrise forming. Hopefully it will be a nice day for a walk this afternoon. Yesterday we had snow for a couple of hours but it was gone by just after lunch. In fact it was dry and sunny later. After a bit of cleaning and ironing I spent my day doing my art project WINTER TREES . I decided to have a go in water miscible oils, another new venture. Now I have to wait for it to dry before I can continue. The fabric arrived for my Whale quilted table runner, so I washed that and will probably cut out the backing and tack it on sometime today. It will also be a jigsaw day, nearly there now, and a zoom chat with our friends Jean and Bob.

So thats our day. Have a good one, stay safe.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Ah, I have got in before Sue this morning because I've only been in the shed for an hour. Here's why it was so short.

Sorry it's blurred but it caught me by surprise. I set the gear and the valve by guess and just for a laugh put steam on it. I got the shock of my life it went like hell! I must have got something right. That's it, I have stuck a sheet of rubber to the base and tomorrow will clean it and check all the nuts before putting it on the sideboard. That was a nice morning, wasn't expecting it to be that easy!
I have just noted that you have posted at the same time Sue. Have as good a day as I have done.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Doing the usual outdoor jobs and hoping to get Col out for a walk somewhere flat so not too much effort is involved!
I enjoy sitting in the warm kitchen looking at the strangely distorted webcam views on my tablet. This is a view I rarely show from the east end of the barn, showing my mucking out tracks through the snow from yesterday!
Screenshot_20210124-082333.png
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

So...is that basically... a big pile of poo, Wendy!?
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Marilyn wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 08:54 So...is that basically... a big pile of poo, Wendy!?
Yes Maz, that's one way of looking at it. I prefer to see it as a precious commodity and somewhere to warm my feet on a cold winter's day! :smile:

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”