Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

Dreadful nights sleep. Woke suddenly at 2.15, went to the loo and was still awake at 5.00 despite several sessions of reading my book. Now I feel like death warmed up as I have had to drag myself awake.

Its art this morning, reading my poem at writing this afternoon, lunch with friends between the two as there is no time to come home. Yoga tonight.
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That must be a bummer Sue. I am a stranger to sleeplessness, if there was a prize for sleeping I would qualify!
All has gone well this morning. Aim now is a short walk, breakfast and Melvyn Bragg with 'In our time', my favourite programme. Then sleep for a few hours. I love my morning sleep.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Its been an exhausting day, the effect of lack of sleep. I am normally an 8 hours per night person, who rarely gets up. Occasionally I go through poor sleep patterns but thats usually the summer when it is light early.

Glad you are ok Stanley. How many more sessions do you have?
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Ancestry this morning. Not a very productive day in that regard...
I might have to find some other mischief to get up to. I cant sit for long periods of time any more.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Two more Sue, 27 and 3 Feb. Then cystoscopy 24 March. Thanks for asking. I complain about them but a bloody sight easier than chemotherapy!
Another quiet day, In my head I'm in the run up to Monday's appointment. Susan is tied on for transport, daughters are a fine thing!
Next target is back in shed and Margaret's visit from Oz in May. She's coming to make sure we have told her the truth about Kahara!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Ah, time consuming, uncomfortable and a little tiring for you.

I slept better last night, just over my usual 8 hours. Today is art , and the usual Friday lunch out. I shall be looking for something light on the menu. Two more meals to go after today.

I have a new sewing venture. I have been asked by a friend at the U3A in Todmorden if I can help make the outfits for the next theatre production at the Todmorden Hippodrome. Its Guys and Dolls which has a large number of costume changes. I am making Salvation Army hats, from a simple design and instructions. The yellow :laugh5: top could be on hold again this weekend.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I have been up and down a step-stool, cleaning the tops of door frames today ( my inner domestic goddess is now feeling rather smug). It all started when I noticed dust on top of the lounge French door frames as I came down the stairs.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Hee hee! A slave to the duster! Whatever turns you on Maz.
I shall be giving myself TLC, walking Jack, veggie and fish shopping and reading. Bugger the dusting! :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Marilyn wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 02:29 I have been up and down a step-stool, cleaning the tops of door frames today ( my inner domestic goddess is now feeling rather smug). It all started when I noticed dust on top of the lounge French door frames as I came down the stairs.
I use a feather duster on an expandable pole, dead easy. Sewing today, my lunch has been called off. My cousin has flu, my sister’s dog is poorly.

I did another 4 hours writing on my book last night. More this evening. I am writing the chapter on John Widdup and his siblings, two down five to go. Of the five remaining two died shortly after birth but the other three are quite long, one is very complex including a court martial dossier to be abridged.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I like to damp dust with paper towel ( years of living with an Asthmatic kiddie...don’t shift the dust about) :biggrin2:
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 08:05 I use a feather duster on an expandable pole, dead easy.
I have one of those, the 'duster' bit is 'charged' with static so the dust sticks to it quite well. I did 'damp dust' when we first moved in this new house as it had stood empty for quite some time.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Big Kev wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 09:55 ..the 'duster' bit is 'charged' with static so the dust sticks to it quite well..
Is it like one of those electrostatic fly killers that look like a tennis racket, Kev? I have visions of you waving it over dust and it causing lots of mini starbursts! :smile:
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Big Kev wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 09:55
Sue wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 08:05 I use a feather duster on an expandable pole, dead easy.
I have one of those, the 'duster' bit is 'charged' with static so the dust sticks to it quite well. I did 'damp dust' when we first moved in this new house as it had stood empty for quite some time.
Mine is too Kev, so easy to use. I damp dust windowsills as they also tend to get dirty, but the static feather duster, (bought my dad for me from Betterware) works really well elsewhere. I occasionally wash it or simply give it a good shake outside and drag my hand over the feathery bits.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Marilyn wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 09:12 I like to damp dust with paper towel ( years of living with an Asthmatic kiddie...don’t shift the dust about) :biggrin2:
No shifting the dust clings to the static feathery bit. We have asthmatics too, including me and it works a treat.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Tizer wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 11:37
Big Kev wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 09:55 ..the 'duster' bit is 'charged' with static so the dust sticks to it quite well..
Is it like one of those electrostatic fly killers that look like a tennis racket, Kev? I have visions of you waving it over dust and it causing lots of mini starbursts! :smile:
No it's just a big soft nylon brush that attracts the dust.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Had a beautiful long bike ride today. Really enjoyed it.
Back side is a bit sore now :biggrin2:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Maz. The old Tour de France riders used to put a piece of fillet steak in their drawers for protection.....
In the run up to Airedale tomorrow. Careful preparation mitigates the worst effects of the BCG. Deep Joy!
Later.... now for some veggie cooking!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

We have spoken of this before. I am not putting dead cow in me knickers!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Itwas a busy creative day yesterday. After finishing the washing and ironing, I made one of the hats for the costumes for Todmorden theatres next production, then I set to on the yellow top, which now fits me beautifully. There is some way to go before it is finished but I am feeling happier. In the evening I carried on with my book. Its a difficult chapter, having to look up loads of things as I write.

Today I am going to the matinee performance of Strictly Come Dancing in Manchester. I am going with a couple of neighbours and their friends, catching the 11.45 a.m train. After the performance we are eating in Manchester then catching the tram back. I think it will be at least 9.30 pm when I get home. Bob is acting as taxi to and from Rochdale.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 04:20 Maz. The old Tour de France riders used to put a piece of fillet steak in their drawers for protection.....
You could always get some of the dreaded lycra shorts made for the job which have built in gel inserts, they are fit for purpose as I and hundreds of thousands of others can attest. If you don't fancy the right stuff you could also get a gel saddle cover which does the same thing if you want to wear "normal" clothes. No need to suffer that's for sure.
Ian
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I’ve got the gel seat.
I was so close to buying the padded Lycra pants. Got to the point where I had a pair in my hand and was determined to buy them. But the horrified look on my husband’s face said it all...and I couldn’t go through with the purchase. I blame him for my sore back side!
What I really need is a tractor seat...
(Scrawny bum syndrome)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Regular bathing with salt water.....
Everything is oriented towards being at Airedale at 13:00 for BCG no. 2.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Pedicure this morning, french this afternoon, art this evening. Its a full day
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'll be doing as little as possible! Roll on second walk, breakfast and bed!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Went over to Ramsbottom to the craft shop. When we were coming back over Owd Betts, the weather got really bad. Driving snow on un gritted roads created havoc, cars were sliding everywhere, the average speed was about 5-10 miles an hour. We slid into the back of a taxi, the brakes just did ‘t stop us. It was like slow motion. We knew we were going to crash but could do nothing about it. We were all ok, the taxi was slightly scratched but Bob has headlamp damage. It may un repairable as its an old car and last year when we needed a new headlamp it was no longer available, so Bob had to repair the cracked one. This one is much more than a slight crack.!

An afternoon warm and dry sewing. My yellow top now fits, just got the sleeves to redraft, that will be next lesson with Maxine. I an now doing a practice run on Bobs shirt collar.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”