Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

Its not the lining Ian its a piece on the front of the jacket that won’t lie properly...it would be the front!
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nailing the reason why I was so dissatisfied about the shed yesterday. Unlike Sue I didn't realise I had a problem until it suddenly dawned on me yesterday afternoon. I think I know the reason and the cure..... I shall be in there today after shopping.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Saying goodbye to our neighbour and welcoming new ones. Julie at Brown Hill let us know last week that she had sold up privately without putting the house on the market. We had guessed something was afoot by the amount of clearing out going on but it was still a bit of a shock! We share a water supply and the track down from the road, so we all need to get on. Fingers crossed that the new folk don't have plans to convert the barn into another property or we will have to rethink the water supply.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

My sewing teacher , Maxine, assures me that what i have done will be ok and I am stressing because I have spent hours looking at it.

Onwards and upwards, i have just completed the toile on my next venture, a coat. I have made two or three coats before but they have all been from commercial patterns. This time I have used a commercial pattern as the basis but am now cutting it and redesigning it. The basic shape is nearly perfected but the collar should be fun. I was going to have a hood but after discussions with Maxine we are going for a large collar.

In the meantime I am making a top for my daughter before her visit in a couple of weeks.

Today is craft followed by our leisurely friday lunch out with friends. We shall be planning our joint holiday next year to Alaska. Many people go to warm places for holidays we seem to favour cold, Norway, Iceland and now Alaska. :laugh5:
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Just watching the Pickfords lorry failing to reverse down the track... :eek:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue, Maxine sounds to me to be sensible. Sometimes we can get lost in projects..... God knows I do it!
Wendy, change is always a bit of a worry especially with things like the water supply. Who knows, it may be fine or even better but just in case get Col to read up on well-boring......... Look at it this way, there is plenty of water falling on LBH!
Not sure what I'll be doing. I have finished my chuck and I suspect I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy castings..... In the interim, there are always articles to write and books to read!
Mind you, I could always get the tool post grinder out and have a chuck truing fest!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

The lorry never made it down to Brown Hill, there wasn't an inch of track to spare and despite being very cautious the driver soon got a wheel off into the mud. They stayed to pack everything into boxes then managed to drive away and come back with 2 small hired vans but it was 3pm before they arrived and about 7pm before they got away. Good job the new people weren't moving their stuff in till today. What a nightmare for Julie, whoever came from Pickfords to assess the job should be sacked!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Taking Sally and Ruby to Skipton Station and then dropping the Silsden pair back home. Cats will be safe again and it will be oh so quiet but we need a bottoming to recover from three young un's here for the week. :smile: :extrawink:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I got into that position sometimes Wendy when I had the 60ft long wagon and trailer. I was told "Plenty of room to turn round". In a pig's ear!
I shall be truing another chuck while I have the tool post grinder mounted and then cooking on an industrial scale after 9AM. I am expecting a visit from Muthomi as well so it will be a busy morning.
07:00. All my veggies and meat prepared and ready. Washing machine fully loaded. Ready for the shed until 9AM when I shall fire everything up and send the smart meter monitor berserk.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Out for lunch with the family today, then this afternoon and evening Bob is helping to run the Halloween day at the miniature railway at Springfield Park. I shall have a quiet afternoon sewing...or indeed with my feet up :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Lovely to hear that Bob is still getting his railway time in! I shall be following your example Sue and taking it easy, I stretched my back yesterday lifting the tool post grinder about. I thought I'd got away with it but no such luck so writing articles and reading for a couple of days.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Lovely afternoon sewing and pottering. Made a top for eldest daughter, redesigned the opening of a dress for youngest granchild, lots of tea and sitting in the sun in the conservatory as I hand stitched, and a relaxing time drafting out my Marriott tree. Today is yoga, french and art. Morning, afternoon and evening respectively
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

My sewing yesterday was just the mundane task of taking up a new pair of trousers for Febby. I cant say that thrilled me, but at least they were lightweight and not denim jeans.
Have just this moment completed my Cemetery Search Folder for this weekend. We are heading to the city (2 nights in a rather posh hotel for hubby's birthday) and I shall get my walking shoes on to photograph headstones in the city's oldest cemetery for son's ancestry, whilst hubby spends time with his grandkids. I am quite looking forward to it. I can walk back to the hotel later and we can decide about dinner. Hope it is nice and sunny...
I think I have about 15 graves to photograph in this particular cemetery, but it is a large place and I have to go to all corners.
I have another 7 folders of various cemeteries to get to over the course of time and most of those are country cemeteries ( which will coincide nicely with trips away in the motorhome).
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Maz.... "Hope it is nice and sunny..." surprised me, I would have thought that was a given....
Today I shall be writing and getting a visit from Yiota. Yippee! She's up here for Susan's birthday yesterday and is coming alone so we can talk about Susan.......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Yoga ( just ordinary not hot yoga like yesterday) this morning and pilates later. This afternoon I shall be helping at the hospice shop.

We are having a bed collected by the British Heart Foundation later today and replacing it with two new singles, later this week. The old bed was indeed new and hardly slept in. It had a pull out single undetneath but grandchild Briony didn’t like sleeping on it she felt insecure, so we always left it on the floor. We think she is getting a bit old for that, being 6 on Saturday, so we have gone for two 2foot 6 beds that can be zipped together to make a kingsize. We don’t have room for two bigger single beds. As it is we have had to sell the big bookcase and buy two smaller ones to get two beds in. It was our biggest bedroom but long and thin. When Julia left home we made it into tbe guest bedroom by adding a small ensuite bathroom and fully fitting wadrobes. This left just enough space for a double bed but most of the time we need two singles, hence the beds we have. The grand children are coming to stay in a couple of weeks so the new beds will be a surprise.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Need to clean up some bird poo today. ( we have our own "Shitten Ginnel". I shall send Stanley a pic)

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Not sure yet, I shall see how the spirit moves me when I have come to! Could be more articles.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Amy more of that Maz and you'll be able to set up a business selling fertiliser to farmers!
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

A South Australian guano resource......
I wrote another article yesterday but shed today because my wobble broach kit has arrived....

My friends have been on vacation in Churchill, MB. Canada.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I made a frilly flouncy skirt for Erin yesterday with layers of satin, net and voile, touched up with ribbon and lace. The pins had a mind of their own in this slippery garment. I have just picked a pin up in the bathroom at the other sude of the house. I think today will be ‘ hunt the pins’ today I shall also finish tidying the front garden. Bob has been round with the hedging shears now I need to weed and turn the soil. Autumn has definitely arrived with bare trees and coloured leaves every where.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Magnet for the pins Sue? Not a bad way of storing them on the sewing table.....
Have a look at Shed Matters.... I am heading into brocade installing territory here!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Going quietly forward with my wobble broach after shopping. My Dial Centre Indicator could arrive today..... It's in First Class Post.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 02 Nov 2017, 08:42 Magnet for the pins Sue? Not a bad way of storing them on the sewing table.....
Have a look at Shed Matters.... I am heading into brocade installing territory here!
Every good sewer has a magnet not far away Stanley. However what I need to invest in are sewers clips or pegs that are used by quilters to hold fabric together. Unlike pins these will not shoot out of slippery material.

Art and extended lunch out with friends today being Friday. Then sort the bedroom.

The beds arrived yesterday. They will be assembled as a kingsize and split into two when the grandchildren come. This has required some new bedding however yesterday I got a bargain at Dunelm. I was browing their goods including the sale shelf when I spied a lonely decorative pillowslip that matched the one I already had...bought three years ago. It was at a rock bottom price. So now I have a second for the bed to match the existing pillowslip, bedspread and curtains. I am reet chuffed as they say up ‘up norf’
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You can't beat a touch of serendipity in your life Sue!
My first job will be to walk down to the mail centre half a mile away at 7AM. I have to sign for my new indicator. It came yesterday while I was having my afternoon sleep....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Briony’s 6 th birthday today. Doesn’t time fly. We shall phone her in a few minutes before she goes to ballet.

This morning I shal be taking number 3 grand daughter to a birthday bash at The Whacky Warehouse in Rawtenstall whilst Claire goes to the hairdressers and has a bit of ME time. This afternoon or tomorrow I may visit the cemetery at Burnley with four roses, one for each parent . It is 16 and 14 years today since Bobs and my Mums died, and his Dad died on the 7 th a couple of years earlier. We like to remember all the parents together when we put flowers on my Mums and Dads grave.

If it stays fine I will carry on with the front garden.

The beds look good, it some how makes the bedroom look bigger. We are very pleased.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”