motorcycle

clogs

motorcycle

Post by clogs »

Hi all, anyone out there with a BMW air head ?........need to modify my clutch, any help would be appreciated......
thanks Clogs
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: motorcycle

Post by Stanley »

Sorry Clogs.... beyond my pay grade!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

BMW's are a bike I've never played with. My little Velocette Valiant is of a similar construction, a bit like a car with an internal gearbox clutch. That was an engine unit out job but fortunately only weighed about 1cwt. You'll have to ask Mrs Clogs to give you a lift.
LizG

Post by LizG »

A Royal Enfield once ran into my car in a pub car park....that's the best I've got!!
Liz
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I bet the car came of worst Liz, Enfields are generally built like tanks, mine was anyway. :grin:
Ian
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

My Enfield 700cc Super Meteor once fell on top of me. Probably weighed about 500lb. (still have it) I'll possibly tell you about the operation later. Painful memories.
LizG

Post by LizG »

PanBiker wrote:I bet the car came of worst Liz, Enfields are generally built like tanks, mine was anyway. :grin:
The rider was in fact a friend who was being a bit silly at the time!! He hit the side of the car and went up and over the roof and landed on his feet on the other side. I was stationary at the time and he was going pretty slow.

You are correct Ian. The side of the car was quite crumpled, my friend just fixed up a few scratches on his bike. His Mum was furious!!! "stupid boy"!
Liz
LizG

Post by LizG »

PanBiker wrote:I bet the car came of worst Liz, Enfields are generally built like tanks, mine was anyway. :grin:
The rider was in fact a friend who was being a bit silly at the time!! He hit the side of the car and went up and over the roof and landed on his feet on the other side. I was stationary at the time and he was going pretty slow.

You are correct Ian. The side of the car was quite crumpled, my friend just fixed up a few scratches on his bike. His Mum was furious!!! "stupid boy"!
plaques wrote:My Enfield 700cc Super Meteor once fell on top of me. Probably weighed about 500lb. (still have it) I'll possibly tell you about the operation later. Painful memories.
This made me laugh out loud. Sorry Plaques.
Liz
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I had a Royal Enfield cycle at one time and if I remember rightly the logo was a field gun and the motto 'Made like a gun'. I always added 'And twice as heavy!'.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Motorcycling”