Hi

Introduce Yourself To The Other Members
Horseyian

Hi

Post by Horseyian »

Hi, name is Ian, obviously :-), used to live in Barlick up until 1973, when I moved to the Isle of Man.

Lived on the Coates Estate, Kirkstall Drive, and had family In Lower Rook Street.

Went to Gisburn Road School and then the Secondary Modern (1966 - 1971) as it was then.
Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Hi

Post by Doc »

Welcome to the site Ian, feel free to contribute and participate, the more the merrier
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator
Chief Stoker - Royal Navy (Retired)
Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Hi Ian, welcome to One Guy. Nolic :sportbike:
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Hiya Ian. I worked on the L&L canal in Coates mid 1970s. Did some of the bank strengthening work side of Rolls Royce. I quite enjoyed working up that way. Got our water for brewing tea from the mill just at the side of the road there, and a few times our dinner from a mill canteen in Coates. Nice dinner too. :laugh5:
carolshaw1954

Post by carolshaw1954 »

Hi, I thought I would reply to your post as I don't know how to post some thing without replyign to someone else. new at this. I was born in Barlick. moved to Penistone when I was 5. Now I live in Canada.
Doc
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Doc »

Welcome onboard Carol,

Have a good nosey around the site and if you want you can always practise in the new members section, if you have any problems just post a question and I'm sure someone will help out.
Best Regards
Doc
Site Administrator
Chief Stoker - Royal Navy (Retired)
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Hiya Carol, I think we're all newbie's in a way - well at least on this new OGFB. Hope you like it. It's still new to us lot so don't worry too much. Just have a gander at the articles/topics/photos and add your comments. Send us some photos of Canada, please. :grin:

Return to “Introductions”