LIGHTS IN THE SKY

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

LIGHTS IN THE SKY

Post by Stanley »

Quite amazing how something you thought had receded into the mists of time can suddenly pop up. I saw the reports of lights in the sky and put it down to something mundane like a satellite breaking up and burning as it fell to earth but then I got a message from Mrs Trellis! According to her the lights were a failed attempt to insert a bogus light in the sky to confuse the watchers from the old organisation who, though lying low are still active. I wish I could tell you more but at the moment it's a mystery and of course may well be a hoax. I suppose we will have to wait and see. Any suggestions or hard news gratefully accepted.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Nolic

Re: LIGHTS IN THE SKY

Post by Nolic »

Strange, but since I stopped taking alcohol I havn't seen any lights ??? Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
Travis

Post by Travis »

We saw the lights last night. They went in a south to north direction and were mainly white with a little green in there as well. I know it was friday night and I may have had a little tipple but we both saw them. Very spooky :surprised:
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

I did not see the so-called space debris falling to earth. I did, however, see one of those meteors a couple of weeks back. You have to be quick to see those, whereas this space debris stuff is much slower to fall to earth.
Travis

Post by Travis »

To be honest, when I first saw it I thought it was a very low flying plane. We stepped out of the door to see it again, as I said before white and green. Absolutley no noise.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's the Mrs Trellis bit that intrigues me. Any news of Boris? I always had the impression that the reason she vanished was because they were shacked up together. Either that or both on retreat.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Yahoo had a picture:

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Is she back on watch?
Say only a little but say it well.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Hard to say Moh, I assume she is. I can only relay what she chooses to send me, I can't reply to her. I want to know if she's shacked up with Boris and if so, where. I have heard a rumour that she has some sort of deal with the Bolton Abbey Estate but don't know if there is any truth in it. Places like Highclere Castle have made a fortune out of the association with the TV series Downton Abbey and perhaps there is some mileage in being associated with Mrs Trelliss and her search for the Lights in the Sky.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

She won't have much to report with this cloud cover over every night.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You could be right Moh and it is a bit early for the traditional Lights in the East. I wonder if the budget for the emitters has been cut? Have made sure I have plenty of double strength kitchen foil......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Bought my first roll on Saturday, Stanley.

Was helping my son with some decorating over the weekend, which entailed cleaning out his spare room in order to set it up as a bedroom. Unearthed a conical item in the corner. Unfortunately, he had no foil, so we have all been exposed. Have been having very strange dreams ever since.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I wonder if there's any connection between the conical emitters and the traditional shape of a wizard or witch's hat?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

We have a roll of foil in the drawer that is clearly marked "not for cooking purposes", if only they knew :wink:
Ian
Nolic

Post by Nolic »

I haven't see Ronnie ( he of the motorised pedal cycle) for a while so can't find the whereabouts of Beamsley Bob, Boris o Storiths pal and fellow conspirator. Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Perhaps they have gone to ground knowing something we don't!! 12.12.2012?????????
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have had fairly reliable information that Beamsley Bob has been released back into the community after his spell at her majesty's pleasure. I also heard yesterday that Boris has been seen trawling the junk shops in Ilkley for old bicycle parts. The last detector he made which was destroyed by vandals used similar materials and it looks as though he is making another one. Will it be erected on Beamsley Beacon again? My contacts also tell me that Mrs Trelliss has been seen it the electronics section of the library and seemed to be reading up on ultra high frequency transmission. All the signs are that she is in business again and will surface in her own good time. There may be more to 12/12 than meets the eye. No sign of Council activity in Barlick as yet but it can't be far away if they still have funding. Chocolate Santa Claus dolls have surfaced in the Cathedral of Choice.
It may not be directly related but the aurora was visible from North Yorkshire last night.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

12.12.12 is either code for marching orders , part of the phone number for scotland yard or the testing call on the internal tannoy transmissions
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Also the Mayan forecast of when the world will end.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

It could also relate to what is commonly know as the "Jelly Baby Factor".
If Jelly Babies ( which are generally the density and consistency of ballistics gel) are stacked 12 wide, 12 deep and 12 high, they form the perfect human brain. With all the electronic research that Mrs Trellis is undertaking, I would suggest that THEY know that if their devices can penetrate and have an affect on these Jelly Baby models - well - dare I finish this sentence?
Keep an eye out for folk buying large packets of Jelly Babies is my advice.
Follow them at a safe distance, but do not engage them in conversation lest your arouse suspicion.
I am beginning to wonder if foil will be enough protection for us this year. I am considering a lining of Baking Paper....or possibly Greaseproof.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Spoke to a neighbour today, who seems to have spent his entire lifetime successfully fending off anything that may have penetrated his skull/brain (!) and he seems to think that waxed lunch wrap is the answer.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's very quiet out there, perhaps too quiet. The only signs of seasonal activity is on the shelves of the Cathedral of Choice. Mrs Trelliss is silent and there is no sign of the usual suspects. Perhaps we are worrying too much but then again, it does no harm to be aware of possible dangers and take sensible precautions. As far as the emitters are concerned I shall stick to a good fur felt hat lined with a double layer of foil. Much depends on what the Council does in the next four weeks.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

The stores are stocking up fast, no doubt most of them will have the seasonal bits & bobs on the shelves. Perhaps a crash helmet might be a good bet!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Not practical to wear a fur-lined head covering here in 40C + Christmas temperatures, so will keep searching for suitable alternative.
Went to a department store yesterday and was amazed with the Christmas Displays...trees, ornaments, lights etc. all plonked conveniently next to walls of toys of ( mainly) plastic construction.
Perhaps it is just me ( over 50 with no little children at home and no grandchildren and apt to be cynical) but I am totally immune to Christmas.
Bah Humbug.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Maz, I've got six grandchildren and a GG child due in January but Xmas has lost its appeal for me as well. I hate being manipulated!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “General Miscellaneous Chat & Gossip”