Post by Nolic »

Bugger. Only lost a lb this week. Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: LOSING WEIGHT

Post by Stanley »

Courage Mon Brave! It's still going the right way! Normal mortals like me would be glad to average 1lb a week, that's half a hundredweight a year!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Need to go to Specsavers. Weighed again with Cath checking and I've lost 4lb.Nolic
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You must have been holding your breath! That's nearly 15 stone a year so be careful you don't slip through a knothole in the floor..... I feel fat this morning, all in my head, it's a smaller shirt!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Comrade, no chance of that but I'm not as big as when Nandy Gigglepants once said to you " He can't half fill a doorway!!" Nolic
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I think Nandy was harking back to the comment a critic made when Dolly Parton was playing Juliet in Romeo and Juliet. "I don't know about the performance but she sure can hang over a balcony!"
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I don't dare weigh myself at present.
Gave up smoking two months ago... :frown: ( not quite in the realm of Dolly Parton but if I hung over a balcony I think I would topple over the railing)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No problem here Maz, my 'man breasts' don't exist any more. Don't let weight get hold, nail it now. Stopping smoking can trigger serious weight gain and you don't need it!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Not much to worry about yet, Stanley. Worked out this afternoon that in two months I have gained just a smidge over 4lb.
I would say that was all put on last week, whilst on the houseboat! ( I am not used to eating three meals a day).
It should sort itself soon and in the meantime I just need a bigger T-shirt. :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Put clean trousers on this morning, lighter than the ones I have been wearing. They are too big and baggy for me! Lovely.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Are you sure they are yours, Stanley? :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Definitely Maz! I stepped on the scales this morning and I'm just 1lb over 12.5 stones. This is 176lbs and only eight pounds above what used to be my fighting weight as a young man. However, I carried a lot more muscle in those days so 11.5stones (161lbs) could be a sensible target. I promise I won't go any lower than that! Perhaps the 36" waistband trousers in the wardrobe might fit me eventually after all! I feel great and also very smug (Yes, I admit it!), it ain't easy but the rewards far outweigh the disadvantages. One of the main reasons why it has been so easy is that I have completely cut out my treats, the malt loaves, the cake and the occasional bar of chocolate. Apart from that I am still eating butter, cheese and using dripping for frying. Just cutting back on the quantity. Back ache and bad knees have receded.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I put a wrist watch on yesterday for the first time in yonks and was struck by how loose the strap was, good sign... Am looking forward to Diabetic Clinic tomorrow, I want to see if there is any comment from the nurse when she weighs me....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No comment from the nurse as their weight readings depend on what clothes you are wearing and according to her I had only lost a kilogram.
I was slightly perturbed because my weight loss had stalled. Over the last couple of days I've given my system a kick up the pants by having only one banana during the day. No hunger pangs, I don't feel deprived and the change is immediately evident, I am quietly moving South again! I know this is drastic and in effect a 24 hour fast but I feel fine and it's working. Target is 160lbs and I am on 175lbs at the moment ragged off. The danger then is maintaining it at that level.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Maintenance was the problem I had 4 years ago when I lost a lot of weight. I've now accepted that it is a complete lifestyle change and I'll need to be careful with intake for ever. Having said that I am now virtually tee total which helps. Good thing about WW points system is as long as you count it you can have it so this week a small bar of dark chocolate was consumed ......over 3 days. Nolic
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

We have to give up so much when we get older. Our shopping trolley looks totally different to ten years ago.
It can be very difficult, as we now have to treat food as something we have to go very easy on in terms of quantity, as our metabolisms change with age.
Yesterday we bought some even smaller plates....we are now eating off large bread and butter sized plates. It is difficult not to feel deprived.
When Febby retires, I think we will switch our biggest meal to lunch time and just have crackers and cheese or a simple sandwich for evening meal. We still walk twice a day and I do an extra midday walk as well since I gave up smoking ( it helps to walk and focus on the good I am doing....3 months plus without fags now. It was easier than I thought it would be, but it is hard not to nibble something as a replacement. Do I feel any better for it? Honestly...No! But then I didn't have any health problems anyway, even when I did smoke. I just got sick of being bombarded by health messages...)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Two sensible posts and Nolic puts his finger on it, it's like being a recovering alcoholic, you never cease to be a potential obese person and have to accept it. Funnily enough I am virtually TT now, I don't get through a bottle of whisky in twelve months. I'm not totally happy with the 24 hour fast but might try it regularly, say once every two days. I had a butty at dinnertime yesterday and felt very full! I am having a substantial tea today, steak pie and mashed potatoes, so I shall just have something very light at dinnertime to give the Metformin pill something to sit on!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Lost 4lb last week. Really pleased as I need a new hole in mi belt. 3st 1lb now since mid Jan. Nolic
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good news Comrade! I am stuck on 175lbs because I'm being undisciplined, I keep allowing myself just that bit more. Not worried particularly as all my clothes fit but I'm aware of it and your news could spur me on a bit....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Excellent progress Nolic, you must feel so much better. I've lost 12lbs now on the 5:2 regime, another 5lbs and I will be back under 9 stone for the first time in about 15 years.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

So good to see evidence of you lot taking weight seriously. I was thinking about it yesterday as I walked Jack at dinnertime and saw an obese lady staggering along the path on the green. I reminded myself that this was why I was trying to get down to 168lbs! Try it, I find it's a good incentive!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Diabetc clinic on Monday. BP down, glucose levels down and even cholesterol ( 3.5 - envy that) I was weighed which showed a 4 lbs weight loss from 3 days previously so I left it. Normal weigh day today and definately 4lbs less. 3 St 10lbs now since I started with WW mid January. Well pleased. Nolic
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Well done Nolic on the weight loss. Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You're doing well Comrade and I know it ain't easy as my mate Ethel used to say. I am holding at 175lbs, I feel so well, all my clothes fit me and I wonder if there's anything to be gained by getting any more off. My calculated LDL is 3.5 as well. This could be better than it looks because I take in mare fat in the form of long chain Omega3 than most people. Things could be a lot worse!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Belle
Regular User

Post by Belle »

I've come into this conversation a bit late, but hope it encourages you weight losers to know that my friend who had been diabetic for around six years recently decided, with her Dr's blessing, to try the 500 calories a day diet that is supposed to cure diabetes. She was pretty sceptical, especially as the people who had been helped on it in tests were all fairly newly diagnosed diabetics, but to her and her Dr's astonishment it worked! She is now no longer diabetic..so keep it up chaps, all sorts of benefits will ensue.

Return to “General Miscellaneous Chat & Gossip”