MAY I RE ENTER THE FOLD?

Thomo

MAY I RE ENTER THE FOLD?

Post by Thomo »

Having looked at all possible alternatives to this site, and after much consideration, I am asking if I may return. I am still working with local issues, Heritage projects and animal welfare being just two. The alternatives to this site do not at present a stable platform for either of these, although much can be learned by sifting the small amount of wheat available from the inevitable chaf, and there is plenty of that. Barnoldswick Talk which is a group allied to Facebook, occasionally throws up some useful information, the remainder is often abusive, derogatory or downright stupid, I will give some examples later. My main reason for calling it a day earlier on here is due to the fact that I am not affiliated to any political party, and with the onset of an election, it was becoming a tad one sided, too much sniggering and jeering, cat calling and at times derisive comments. Despite this I still have much to offer in regard to what is happening locally, or what is planned or hoped for the future. If this is still about Barnoldswick, then I will do my best.

Thomo.
Thomo. RN Retired, but not regretted!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MAY I RE ENTER THE FOLD?

Post by Wendyf »

Welcome back Thomo. :smile:
Thomo

Post by Thomo »

Thank you Wendy, that is much appreciated.
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

If this is still about Barnoldswick,

Well - as you will know it is, but not exclusively. :smile:

As far as I'm concerned, you are more than welcome 'back' - no need to ask really. Perhaps David Whipp could return as well?
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have no objection to anyone being given a second chance but was it really a good re-entry ploy to start by criticising the site "it was becoming a tad one sided, too much sniggering and jeering, cat calling and at times derisive comments"? I don't recognise any of that.

I was talking to David the other day. He has not 'left', he is overwhelmed with work for the town. He will be back eventually.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Welcome back Thomo.
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Great to see you back Thomo! I'm one of those who posts non-Barlick material but I try to do it in general topics and leave the true Barlick topics to those who live there or come from there. But being an East Lancs lad it all sounds very familiar even if I didn't grow up in Barlick. I too have no political party affiliation and I know what you mean about it appearing one-sided in politics but that's just a reflection of the people who most use the site. Just ignore it and get on with what you like best, promoting Barlick and its people past and present. There's no need to involve yourself in the politics - it's better for the blood pressure to stay out of it!
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Thomo

Post by Thomo »

Good old Tizer, I have missed you, indeed I have missed you all.
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Don't assume you have been entirely off the radar Thomo - some of us are very nosey inquisitive. :smile:

Cats
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Pluggy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Pluggy »

Welcome Back. If its any consolation, as the "owner" ( recipient, call it what you will ) of OGFB, I don't agree with much of the politics here either. Its a bit "left" for me. Just ignore 'em....
Pluggy's Home Monitor : http://pluggy.duckdns.org
Thomo

Post by Thomo »

Sanity in whatever degree returns. Stanley, that was not intended as a criticism, merely an observation. Barnoldswick Talk, much like this site was intended to be for the good of the Town in general, there are many good people who use it to get their messages across, and promote their work for they who live here, this works quite well, the downside is a high degree of self indulgent trivia, mostly modern media orientated, some of this can be entertaining if obnoxious and is wide open to a level of abuse that would not be tolerated here. I have long suspected that some can not do anything without the ever present hand held device, grammar and spelling is media generated, this does not apply to the genuine users. My belief that there are they who can do nothing without their modern devices was born out yesterday when this appeared: "Help, I am stuck in the toilet with the runs, and have run out of toilet paper, can someone please bring me some, the back door is open (literally) and I am upstairs in the bathroom" name and address were supplied! Many of us may have been in that situation, but would you really want to go global with it? What I will do next is have a look at my old topics and add updates where appropriate, there are quite a few, some may also contain my comments on the alternative media in respect of that topic. Again, thank you all, its nice to be back.

Return to “General Miscellaneous Chat & Gossip”