Avengers and other Marvel's movies.

KittyCathy

Avengers and other Marvel's movies.

Post by KittyCathy »

What do you think about Avengers and other Marvel's movies? I'm the great fan.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Avengers and other Marvel's movies.

Post by Stanley »

I'll watch them if there is nothing else claiming my attention Kitty. Entertaining and good CGI but I wouldn't call myself a fan....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

I think I got introduce to the DC (Action ) Comics and Stan Lee's Marvel Comics by a boyfriend of my cousin, who passed to me a number of USA (some sold in UK) 'Comic Books' which with hindsight I should have kept hold of, I sold them once too cheaply at a church fund raising sale, I had read them a couple of times through, and then in the Mid 1970s Marvel re-printed the likes of Spiderman, Incredible Hulk , Fantastic Four in a larger format comic, that had UK advertisements (then American ads for the likes of Aurora racing car sets were at least interesting ), again for many years these had little resale value so I sent them for scrap paper , living in a small flat with a number of interest I had to somewhat rationalise my collections of stuff. I actually found the American Superheroes easier to understand ( and often their flawed , human alter-egos something I understood too ), than what the likes of a half generation before me of the British superheroes from the likes if Eagla and Tiger comics.

TV21 comic used to have the tie-in to the television series of Gerry Anderson, including Captain Scarlet, UFO, Stingray and Thunderbirds, series which didn't really catch on in USA (and also in some ways in UK either owning to the fragmented IBA/ITV transmission times and days across its regions !). As I always seemed to be unwell in childhood years (and have the tapes somewhere to prove it ), I did rather a lot of reading in front of the fire at home, of what would now be called visual art periodicals , along with cheap kids paperback books compared to many others a school whose weekends would be Saturday Morning Movies then footy in the afternoon.
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Reminded from the TV trailer that Doctor Who new series starts in a week or so's time. Its all cod-science and endings can be a bit beyond belief but the storylines are normally compelling, Its a problem really when British Telly is good, the desire to go out a watch something at the cinema , unless one has a child or other other companion to go with.
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Why am I reluctant to activate that link? :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I've just deleted it Tripps. :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

:grin:
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Movies”