GOOD TV

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: GOOD TV

Post by PanBiker » 11 May 2019, 10:36

Wendyf wrote:
11 May 2019, 05:57
Heidi Allen MP was on the panel, and as she is leader of Change UK it was considered unfair under BBC rules in the run up to the EU election.
Didn't stop them having Farage on Question Time. A bloke with no MP's and no policies, just as always an ignorant shouting down listen to me I know everything voice. Mind you I don't know why I continue to watch it as Fiona Bruce is useless and probably more biased than any other presenter has ever been on the program, bring back Robin Day.
Ian

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley » 12 May 2019, 03:21

I never watch it Ian, some of the panellists make me so angry!
Archers this morning and F1 at 19:00 tonight on C4.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Whyperion
Location: Now in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion » 12 May 2019, 13:34

Farage was on Marr on Sunday too. Has Brexit been engineered by the BBC and its political pundits just to give them something to talk about- given that the BBC has lost most of sport to private higher bids they have nothing else left to fill the airtime.

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley » 13 May 2019, 05:45

I forgot to mention, I have an unexpected treat in store tonight because yesterday evening as I watched the Spanish GP I fell asleep on lap 13! Old age I am afraid.... get comfortable and you get sleepy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley » 14 May 2019, 03:18

Enjoyed the Grand Prix!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques » 16 May 2019, 08:01

Am I getting confused or just misunderstanding words. TalkTalk have been advertising that some of the programmes within the subscription packages ie: 'Entertainment' will now be available on 'Catch Up', these programmes will be identified with a logo (a circle with the Play triangle in it) so that it is clear that its a catch up item. Thinking that if you tracked backwards in the guide you would find programmes with this identifier you could then play as a catch up, this approach has proved to be wrong. The catch up programmes are actually what I would call repeats to be viewed on the day and time of their choosing taking the time slot of new programmes. Has anybody else come across this or is it as Humpty Dumpty says " words mean what I choose it to mean".

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley » 17 May 2019, 03:11

Coldn't say P because I don't use it. I rely on my Freesat list of apps and most of all on the 'Start at beginning' facility on BBC TV, a very useful tool.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps

Post by Tripps » 19 May 2019, 10:44

I think this is the best thread for this?

May I recommend Margaret Ashworth from The Conservative Woman website's weekly column on BBC nostalgia. This link leads to all her work there.

Lots there including PC 49, Hancock, Dick Barton, Family Favourites, ITMA etc. It's brilliantly researched and written. Her husband Alan does a weekly column every Monday on music, and they now live in the Ribble valley. Clitheroe I'd guess. :smile:
Born to be mild. . .

Return to “TV”