Can you identify this Shop?

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Can you identify this Shop?

Post by Whyperion »

On Facebook

As not everyone here on facebook, wondered if this location could be solved. Looks a little like one of the corner shops onto Skipton Road, or is
the pavement too narrow?
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Re: Can you identify this Shop?

Post by Whyperion »

Oddly also on facebook is this ITN Potato Shortage report, which is entitled by Gettyimages as Burnley shops, but there is a similar left hand shop frontage vertical part way through - though on a steeper hill. Strangely I was round at Richard Wellock's warehouse unit this afternoon - among other deliveries I was doing around Ouzedale and nearby areas.
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/license/804906484
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Never seen it before, could be anywhere. I note the complete bunch of bananas over the door, straight off the ship!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

The opening image looks like the shop at the corner of Knotts Lane and Burnley Rd Colne. See what you think.
chip shop.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

As commented on the facebook site that the picture came from, the shop looks to be of random stone construction not blocks. It is on a slight incline and has a double step from the pavement and into the shop.
Ian
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

plaques wrote: 23 Feb 2018, 18:19 The opening image looks like the shop at the corner of Knotts Lane and Burnley Rd Colne. See what you think.

chip shop.jpg
I also think it is on Knotts Lane just before it joins Burnley Road, actually on the corner of Knotts Lane and Mary St. I lived just around the corner from here from aged 4 until 10. It was a long time ago so I'm not 100% certain.

Return to “Old Photographs”