Roy Price Archive

Julie in Norfolk
Regular User

Roy Price Archive

Post by Julie in Norfolk »

I was doing a little research today on the internet and came across a likely relative being cited in the Roy Price Archive on the North Craven Heritage site. Big questions! http://www.northcravenheritage.org.uk/N ... RANGE!C383
Were all the references, especially the court cases local to North Craven? If you click on the link, my interest is with the name Theobalds, the time is right, the guy is right and his family ended up within the area, so why or how did this reference to him become embroiled in the North Craven area while the incident is in London.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with a pencil, cut with an axe.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Roy Price Archive

Post by Wendyf »

I haven't come across this before Julie, but the "Read Me" notes with the Roy Price Archive seem to explain that it is a collection of documents from many sources relating to Tudor England that Roy Price was gathering for research that he was then unable to carry out. See this if you haven't already had a look at it.
Julie in Norfolk
Regular User

Post by Julie in Norfolk »

I do tend not to read things that say "read me". It is a failing. There is a match between what I have been looking at and the topic in this archive. It is well worth a look at for those of an inquisitive nature. I shall trudge on.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with a pencil, cut with an axe.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

A natural rebel! I hate those cold calls which start "This is an important announcement....." I don't know what the 'announcement' is because I automatically hang up!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Local History Topics”