Greenwood and Lister The Music Shop 25 Albert Road

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Greenwood and Lister The Music Shop 25 Albert Road

Post by Whyperion »

I was recently given a few 78s from an (old) lady up the road , mostly titles that are not my interest , but some of the packets are.

She tells me that none of her friends can remember this shop. A normal card packet printed up as Greenwood and Lister., :The Music Shop. : Any Record not in stock Can be obtained within Three days.
25 , Albert Road, Barnoldoldswick.

Record Labels shown are

"His Master's Voice."
Broadcast.
Regal.
Columbia.
Zonophone.
Radio.

I've not heard of the Radio brand before and I think Broadcast ceased early 1930s and I think Regal and Zonophone were merged by EMI pre WW2 so this packet I think would date from late 1920s to Mid 1930s.

Another plain card jacked is stamped H.Lodge 237, Blackburn Road, Accrington , but this could be an owner not a retailer.
A more decorative and better printed - which I wont describe in detail - R Fryers The Gramophone House 160 St James's Street Burnley and 169 Burnley Road Padiham.

This latter jacket contains Edison Bell Winner Record 4759 - Mister Waterhouse's House and Let's all sing the lard song. Comedy songs performance credited to Walter Miller. You tube has the first song , sung by Fred Douglas, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBgJVtab34o

Return to “Local History Topics”